Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
Gryffindor 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
Slytherin 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
Ravenclaw 55%  55%  [ 80 ]
Hufflepuff 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 146

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 3:00 pm

Sanctus wrote:
I know, I wasn't being serious. I tried to behave NT. :D

hahaha

Good to know! :lol:

Nash: Is there a difference?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Slytherin.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

08 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

I've taken various quizzes that ask this question for fun and they always say Ravenclaw.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

LOL! I obviously confounded the sorting hat
Slytherin - 11
Ravenclaw - 10
Gryffindor - 10
Hufflepuff - 8

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

Just took two quizzes and they both put me in Hufflepuff, so that's good enough for me!

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 9:56 pm

I always get Gryffindor, usually get feedback that I'm a stickler for right and wrong.

LimitedSlip
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

I'm a Slytherin.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

Ravenclaw all the way.

Yay.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:00 am

Ravenclaw here, too.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

I'd be Hufflepuff.

I'm not competitive enough for Ravenclaw, and I have a very "live and let live" outlook on life.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

fireball5
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm

I usually end up in Gryffindor. I think that's where I would belong :)
Hufflepuff is described uncool because it takes the kids that the other three houses did not want to take and they too had to be somewhere.

M-is-red
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Feb 2013, 1:57 pm

The sorting hat says...

Gryffindor!

'cause I'm recklessly brave.

(also high score for Hufflepuff)

'cause life has forced me to also become friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

It's weird; at first I thought Ravenclaw because of my geeky thirst for knowledge; but then if Hermione can be a Gryffindor then it probably matters more what you want to do with the knowledge, which for my case is distinctly Gryffindorish goals like making it possible for disabled people to handle their own problems via technology, so that it will be harder for others to take advantage of them. And then on the other hand, Hufflepuff is pretty cool too, because it's about the only house that sees everybody as equally interesting and worth getting to know, and that appeals to my love of diversity; plus my tendency to simply never give up even if I'm scared or discouraged is Hufflepuff all the way. But if Neville can be in Gryffindor...

The only one I could never see myself joining is Slytherin. Ambitious schemers--whether they're wannabe Death Eaters or simply people who want to be famous and admired by others--just don't seem like me at all. I do occasionally catch myself thinking that I am superior to others, but I'm quite careful to keep that in check, especially since once you get to know other people you realize that you might be pretty cool, but so are they. And if Harry Potter can get out of Slytherin simply by not wanting to be in it, then that'd keep me out too.

So... ehh, it could be anything, really. I would probably be happiest in Hufflepuff, but it's entirely likely I'd end up in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw instead, partly because happiness isn't my top goal in life.

Think I overanalyzed that, really. :P

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

Callista wrote:
The only one I could never see myself joining is Slytherin. Ambitious schemers--whether they're wannabe Death Eaters or simply people who want to be famous and admired by others--just don't seem like me at all. I do occasionally catch myself thinking that I am superior to others, but I'm quite careful to keep that in check, especially since once you get to know other people you realize that you might be pretty cool, but so are they. And if Harry Potter can get out of Slytherin simply by not wanting to be in it, then that'd keep me out too.:

I'd be in slytherin except I'd probably work as a double agent for Griffindor

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

Actually, I think this kind of sorting system only works in books. I mean, we all have certain aspects of every house. I love justice (Gryffindor), I'm intelligent and curious (Ravenclaw), nice and shy (Hufflepuff), but can also be full of hate or manipulate people (Slytherin).

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Well, it's the same in the books too. Most characters have strong traits that could put them in another House--come on, can't you just see Hermione as a Ravenclaw, or Ron in Hufflepuff? I sure can. They're complex characters, not cardboard stereotypes; if they were, I wouldn't like the books so much. It's more a matter of which traits are more central to who they are and what's more important to them. It's not just your basic personality, but the decisions you make and what you believe in.

I always thought Slytherin was a bit too one-dimensional, though. There are many possibilities there--sure, it's got its dark side, but ambition isn't intrinsically bad and I seriously doubt that sociopathic students made up the majority of that group. I bet some of the most badass Aurors came out of Slytherin--people who took a dangerous job because they wanted to prove just how good they were at it, for the challenge and the glory. Gryffindors, sure, but they're more protective than proactive. The world takes all types.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com