Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marc420
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

My favorite is Carling Black Lable and Amstel Lager.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 9:31 am

Marc420 wrote:

Is that south african beer? Who are the brewers?

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

Sherman247 wrote:
Kelspook wrote:
I'm not a fan of ciders either, they give me terrible heartburn! Too acidy I think. Not really keen on fruity, non-berry ales, either. I like hoppy and a little bite.

I have a few faves at the minute - "Spitfire" which is brewed in Kent in the UK, "O.S.B" by the Tomas Watkins brewery in Wales and I'm very fond of a beer called "Bitter and Twisted" from the Harviestoun Brewery in Scotland (which is a bit ironic, as I'm generally annoyingly cheerful).

I tried a beautiful beer in Vancouver, and I can't remember the name of it. It was a honey beer, and was seemingly a very popular one. Can any of the Canadians maybe give some suggestions? I believe I'll remember it if I see the name!

how potent have you gone? Mine was 10.5 percent.

I tend to avoid potent lol... my tolerance isn't great, and I don't want to get drunk too quick!

I had one from our local microbrewery, "Tempest", called World's end I think that was 7.5% a couple of weeks ago, I was buzzed before I even finished the first pint! Amstel is Dutch- I think they're actually owned by Heineken, and Carling is a British beer. Not a lager fan, personally. Prefer my real ales!

Marc420
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 11:59 am

Sherman247 wrote:
Marc420 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstel_brewery

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

Marc420 wrote:
Sherman247 wrote:
Marc420 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstel_brewery

Ah you and the other guy are into the same thing thats great! Apparently all american beers suck

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2013, 2:29 pm

Kelspook wrote:
I'm not a fan of ciders either, they give me terrible heartburn! Too acidy I think. Not really keen on fruity, non-berry ales, either. I like hoppy and a little bite.

I have a few faves at the minute - "Spitfire" which is brewed in Kent in the UK, "O.S.B" by the Tomas Watkins brewery in Wales and I'm very fond of a beer called "Bitter and Twisted" from the Harviestoun Brewery in Scotland (which is a bit ironic, as I'm generally annoyingly cheerful).

I tried a beautiful beer in Vancouver, and I can't remember the name of it. It was a honey beer, and was seemingly a very popular one. Can any of the Canadians maybe give some suggestions? I believe I'll remember it if I see the name!

If it was a canadian beer I'm willing to bet it was likely Granville Island Brewery's cypress honey Lager?

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

RawSugar wrote:
Kelspook wrote:

If it was a canadian beer I'm willing to bet it was likely Granville Island Brewery's cypress honey Lager?

eh? lol

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 2:17 am

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

Sherman247 wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
My favorite "everyday" beer is probably Boulevard Pale Ale. It's not too bitter, not too strong and goes down nice and smooth. :wink:

Nice which brewery was it? I like drinking local beers lately. The one I mentioned was the ten fidy brew from oskar blues in colorado

Boulevard is a regional brewer in Kansas City MO. They make lotsa good brews.

Diamond Bear in Little Rock AR brews a good Pale Ale and IPA as well.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2013, 10:28 am

AspieOtaku wrote:

lol

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

GoonSquad wrote:
Sherman247 wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
My favorite "everyday" beer is probably Boulevard Pale Ale. It's not too bitter, not too strong and goes down nice and smooth. :wink:

Nice which brewery was it? I like drinking local beers lately. The one I mentioned was the ten fidy brew from oskar blues in colorado

Boulevard is a regional brewer in Kansas City MO. They make lotsa good brews.

Diamond Bear in Little Rock AR brews a good Pale Ale and IPA as well.

Colorado makes a good pale ale too. But those sound great

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

too bad molsen golden isn't available in western washington, it [according to consumer reports] was everything i'd want in a beer- stout body but mellow [non-bitter] and very malty. michelob honey-brewed lager was a close second. the old formulation of dox equis was a tie, i liked its dark thick maltiness. for an anodyne but refreshing [non-bitter] refreshment, nothing can beat keystone light. i fail to get why some people find bitter drinks to be delicious. bitter to me tastes like dirt.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Feb 2013, 8:56 pm

I can't stand it. It just tastes odd; I dunno how I can come to like it, or why people drink it! Eh....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

in belgium [beer mecca] they have chocolate beer. yum. Image

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

I'll stick with my Bud Light.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 10:53 am

I like import, but also enjoy seasonal like Pumpkin Ale which can be an acquired taste.