Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

So I met a guy I really like, whose 38 and I'm 24, and we are going to save up and move to the West Coast. He's super cool, we both have Aspergers too. lol. But the thing is, he was watching all these conspiracies on youtube, like Alex Jones about Fema Camps and Sandyhook conspiracies. Well I don't usually even buy into conspiracies but now I'm all paranoid that the kids at sandyhook were either kidnapped and taken to an underground fema camp or they were murdered by a swat team. I just want to stop being all freaked out because I don't like it. I'm pretty gullible, but my boyfriend is more gullible than I am, and he's got me all tripped out. I'm ready to leave the country. The documentary is very convincing. I didn't even want to watch it but he did so we watched it, and I've been tweaking since I saw it.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:31 pm

Just thought you should know - I have a bridge for sale when you move out to the West Coast. It only cost $100, but once you set up a toll booth on it, you'll make a fortune!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

All conspiracies are true.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

Don't be such a silly billy, surely you know that the likes of Bankers, Politicians and anyone who appears on the television are like Angels, its just impossible for them to lie, cheat or murder, that's how they get those top jobs, by being such good honest people, otherwise folk wouldn't vote for them.

As an example of their outstanding trustworthiness and goodness, think of the lengths they go to to prevent war, they don't want to see a single person ever lose their life, even those evil people with the brown skin that live in the desert.

In fact, god himself puts those people in positions of authority so that the world will always remain a perfect place full of bunnies and kittens, so you just keep voting for them and paying your ever higher taxes and stop worrying.

Phaeton
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

There is a vast group of people whose only job is to scare folks with various conspiracy theories. They are everywhere, looking for conditions to exploit.
We do not hear about these people much because they are dedicated and do not betray themselves, coupled with mysterious troubles which haunt those who try to speak.

So as far as unsubtantiated conspiracy theories go, this one covers more area than any other single conspiracy. In fact, most conspiracies conflict with each other.
This conspiracy takes all that into account and if the conspiracy theory of history is to be taken seriously then this is the only one to pass scrutiny.

I try and work with conditions I do not have control over, if I am going to be paranoid then I will try and focus it where it does the least damage to me personally.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:40 pm

I tend not to believe in conspiracies, but something intense like this where it's possible or plausible, can freak me out for a while.

(I believe most of the bad things in the world are institutional not conspiracies. And I also believe that bit by bit we can make the world a better place.)

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm

There is a whole cottage industry of people out there who make their living from this sort of thing, scaring people with conspiracies. The worst of them are truly mentally ill, like Bill Cooper (don't look him up) who was so heavily invested in his ideas of a massive Illuminati conspiracy that he committed "suicide by cop" to escape it. I hang around the tea party fringe sometimes online, and some of them truly believe there's a conspiracy behind every rock. If you sense it's getting a little too much to handle, turn off the computer and get some sleep, listen to your favorite music for a while, get your mind off it. If your bf can handle it, great, but you have a lower tolerance than he does obviously, if he wants you to watch a conspiracy youtube vid just decline and say you can't handle it. The people who really get to me are the ones who make it sound like FEMA is coming to gas us all and there's nothing we can do about it, I'm prone to hopelessness so that just sets me off. If it makes you feel any better about Sandy Hook, one of the little kids didn't close his eyes like he was told to, and he saw all the bodies, and he asked his mom if the bodies and blood would still be there in the morning. So I'm pretty sure the little kids are dead.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

Kalinda wrote:
So I met a guy I really like, whose 38 and I'm 24, and we are going to save up and move to the West Coast. He's super cool, we both have Aspergers too. lol. But the thing is, he was watching all these conspiracies on youtube, like Alex Jones about Fema Camps and Sandyhook conspiracies. Well I don't usually even buy into conspiracies but now I'm all paranoid that the kids at sandyhook were either kidnapped and taken to an underground fema camp or they were murdered by a swat team. I just want to stop being all freaked out because I don't like it. I'm pretty gullible, but my boyfriend is more gullible than I am, and he's got me all tripped out. I'm ready to leave the country. The documentary is very convincing. I didn't even want to watch it but he did so we watched it, and I've been tweaking since I saw it.

Oh, and another thing. Alex Jones makes his living from conspiracies, if you listen to his shortwave radio show, not the edited YT clips but the whole show, it's full of cheap commercials from people hawking overpriced silver coins and useless "survival supplies" (like anyone needs 50 barrels of unmilled wheat that's useless without a grinder that runs on AC (wall socket) power and which they'll happily sell you, but won't tell you that if FEMA shuts off the electricity you've got yourself a big paperweight). Support Red China, buy our made in China cheap survival shovel that will snap the first time you try to dig a hole, and which costs 10 times as much as the same thing from the Home Depot! Another guy to watch out for is Glenn Beck, he was on Fox News for a while and his show's commercial time was full of overpriced gold. Goldline was a big scandal, people paid so much for their "survival gold" that they just barely broke even even when it went to $1800/oz. After that Fox told him to go hawk his stuff somewhere else. If you look at any of these guys, they're all selling gold/silver and supplies, all of which costs too much and which is of questionable value (some of the gold was spraypainted tungsten). You can't get the full story from YT, all that stuff is edited to edit out the commercials.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:54 pm

Stop watching conspiracy videos! :wink: Let your boyfriend watch them and enjoy your own interests ... "that's nice, dear."

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2013, 11:42 pm

Logicalmom wrote:
Stop watching conspiracy videos! :wink: Let your boyfriend watch them and enjoy your own interests ... "that's nice, dear."

Actually I don't really ever watch conspiracy theories, and I'm not as sensitive to them as he was apparently. He was more bothered than me for two days straight, and kept bringing it up. He got me all tweaked because he believed it 100 percent while I've been trying to convince him that this is how Alex Jones makes money, by exploiting people and convincing us its the new world order etc. I only watched the one, but after I went to bed he stayed up ALL night watching video after video about the same type of conspiracy. I told him, get to bed! He finally turned it off or at least put headphones on haha, but that's ok.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 12:02 am

That would put me on edge - poor you! :wink:

Hm, I wonder if he could be lured to another interest. Hopefully, it will run its course - I wonder if you could ask him to look up Monty Python videos - at least give yourself a break from the stress some nights. My son really got into conspiracy videos and it took some time to die down - but it did, thankfully.

Hopefully it helps to post and keep doing so just to look after your good health. I have a hard time with "The News' - that's bad enough, and one wonders what is actual these days.

Good luck and may you have peace for your nerves. Mine would be be entirely rattled, too.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2013, 3:21 am

Alex Jones is a bit iffy. He's not the most reliable source of info but he's far more trustworthy than any mainstream media. You should try to find The War You Don't See by John Pilger. It shouldn't freak you out or anything and it's definitely worth a watch. It's about the role the media plays in war.
Some conspiracies are BS and easy to see through. Some solutions to the worlds problems are also BS, like the Zeitgeist Movement. I'd just laugh at it if thousands of people weren't stupid enough to fall for it.
Some people are nut jobs and make the other so-called conspiracy theorists look bad.

I'll take you a little something right now. Fluoride is very, very bad for you. Especially kids. While it can appear naturally in breast milk, that's only a very small amount. In my City, they put it in the drinking water. So every day we're forced to drink it. We don't even have a choice, unless I had a few hundred bucks lying around to buy a filter. But I don't.
I high suggest googling and youtube the truth about fluoride. Oh and it's in some Toothpaste as well, I think Colgate is one of them.
The thing is, it's fine in a very small dosage. But putting it in the water and toothpaste, I've heard it's even in some bottled water, is very bad and impossible to control the dosage. You dont know how much they're putting in and even if it's supposedly a safe amount, it's easy to go over that amount when it's in regular drinking water and toothpaste. You don't have to swallow it for it to be bad for you, either. One of the main things it does is f**k up your teeth. It's called dental fluorosis.

Phaeton
Raven
Raven

23 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

Conspiracy: mine is true, watch out for the nut jobs.
And religion: mine is gospel, watch out for false prophets.

It does not matter which religion nor does it matter which conspiracy.
"If you would just study mine" and then some cherry picked facts that may or may not scientifically support the belief.

And like religion, it is not to be swayed by outside influence, it is true to the believer and this belief is the important part.
All else pales when the truth is known. "What appears to be conlict is misunderstood, and when it is understood better it will support my conspiracy."

If this need to believe can be aimed in a harmless direction it is no worse than liking reruns of the "Huckleberry Hound" cartoon show.

The problem is when action is taken on these beliefs, not always good.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 4:52 pm

Redstar2613 wrote:
Alex Jones is a bit iffy. He's not the most reliable source of info but he's far more trustworthy than any mainstream media. You should try to find The War You Don't See by John Pilger. It shouldn't freak you out or anything and it's definitely worth a watch. It's about the role the media plays in war.
Some conspiracies are BS and easy to see through. Some solutions to the worlds problems are also BS, like the Zeitgeist Movement. I'd just laugh at it if thousands of people weren't stupid enough to fall for it.
Some people are nut jobs and make the other so-called conspiracy theorists look bad.

I'll take you a little something right now. Fluoride is very, very bad for you. Especially kids. While it can appear naturally in breast milk, that's only a very small amount. In my City, they put it in the drinking water. So every day we're forced to drink it. We don't even have a choice, unless I had a few hundred bucks lying around to buy a filter. But I don't.
I high suggest googling and youtube the truth about fluoride. Oh and it's in some Toothpaste as well, I think Colgate is one of them.
The thing is, it's fine in a very small dosage. But putting it in the water and toothpaste, I've heard it's even in some bottled water, is very bad and impossible to control the dosage. You dont know how much they're putting in and even if it's supposedly a safe amount, it's easy to go over that amount when it's in regular drinking water and toothpaste. You don't have to swallow it for it to be bad for you, either. One of the main things it does is f**k up your teeth. It's called dental fluorosis.

Fluoride is fine when applied to teeth as a topical. The problem comes when you DRINK it, which is very bad. Bottled water should say on the label whether it has fluoride in it. You should spit out toothpaste instead of swallowing it because of fluoride. I have to use fluoridated special toothpaste from the dentist because my teeth tend to rot easily from the meds I take, and I always spit it out and rinse and spit that out.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2013, 3:35 am

Kalinda wrote:

That sounds to me like the kind of conspiracy theory dreamed up by the NRA and weapons manufacturers to support their agenda and ensure they can continue to profit from the sale of deadly weapons. Think of the bigger issues at play before you swallow such guff hook, line and sinker.

Solidus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2013, 9:05 pm

Unfortunately, not all, but a large number of the so-called 'conspiracies' including the FEMA camps are well documented. This goes counter to the prevailing opinion here, but there are very unpleasant realities about the current power structures that we cannot ignore simply because they scare us.

But just because we shouldn't accept the status quo doesn't mean we should live in constant fear; this goes both ways. One of the main reason conspiracies are carried out in the first place is to keep people in a state of fear. Although I listen to him, there isn't only Alex Jones out there; there are other researchers who work hard at exposing the dark side of the power structures in a less sensationalistic way. The truth can be overwhelming, but as you get more aware, it won't affect you as much.

About the kids at Sandy Hook having been kidnapped / murdered by a swat team, while this isn't impossible, I don't think that's likely given the amount of effort it would take and the number of people involved. If it was a conspiracy it was more likely a brainwashed assassin. But whatever happened doesn't remove anything to the tragedy of what was done to the Sandy Hook children.