Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mrL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2013, 11:43 pm

I have been taking Xanax for the last two days and interestingly while it has alleviated some anxiety, I still feel frustrated mentally however I am unable to react at all right now. I care barely move or think beyond a certain point. I can't remember names suddenly and even my own name seems distant. Calculations have been near impossible to do, and I honestly just feel like I don't care about anything at this exact moment. I don't feel a great high or anything. I'm just here existing; its so weird I can't speak right now or rather have no reason to speak as it is exhausting. The most I can do is move my fingers on this keyboard. Has anyone tried this miracle drug yet? I have Bulimia and binge; however I have almost no appetite and it started right around when I started taking Xanax. This stuff is great but I'm in complete zombie mode right now. What a truly weird experience. Please share your experience with this drug if you have tried it.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 12:55 am

mrL wrote:
I have been taking Xanax for the last two days and interestingly while it has alleviated some anxiety, I still feel frustrated mentally however I am unable to react at all right now. I care barely move or think beyond a certain point. I can't remember names suddenly and even my own name seems distant. Calculations have been near impossible to do, and I honestly just feel like I don't care about anything at this exact moment. I don't feel a great high or anything. I'm just here existing; its so weird I can't speak right now or rather have no reason to speak as it is exhausting. The most I can do is move my fingers on this keyboard. Has anyone tried this miracle drug yet? I have Bulimia and binge; however I have almost no appetite and it started right around when I started taking Xanax. This stuff is great but I'm in complete zombie mode right now. What a truly weird experience. Please share your experience with this drug if you have tried it.

I haven't tried it, but I had a similar experience with Viibryd. You might want to talk to your doctor on how to gradually wean off this drug.

scarp
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2013, 4:04 am

I have heard some very unnerving things about Xanax that have made me extremely wary of ever trying it. The most common complaint I hear is that it's "the best thing in the world for about six months, but tolerance ramps up rapidly and the withdrawal is devastating." I've also heard that you must be weaned off of it, as quitting cold turkey can be very dangerous or even lethal.

Usually I'm pretty open minded about medications, but I have yet to hear anything positive about the long term effects of Xanax. I would advise talking to your doctor in more detail about the drug before committing to it.

Of course, if I am misinformed on this topic I would appreciate some more intelligent insight from someone who knows more. I have yet to do my own research, now that I think about it.