Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you like the Science Fiction genre?
I love Sci-Fi! 68%  68%  [ 26 ]
A little bit. A couple of movies, a few novels here and there. 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
I don't like it or hate it. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
I hate it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't really watch it or read it, so I don't know enough about it to have an opinion on it 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 38

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
I like sci-fi, but only when it's done well (and unfortunately it very rarely is).
My thoughts on tokusatsu.

Draka
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2013, 9:16 pm

I love Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Contact, Jurassic Park, Animorphs (books of the last two). I like Firefly, Primeval, and X-Files. There are probably more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm

There is no fiction but Science-Fiction; and Asimov, Bradbury, and Clarke are its prophets.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

Zodai wrote:
I don't just like it.

I write it.

Me too! I'm into cyberpunk, biopunk, military sci-fi, and space opera, mostly. I write quite a bit of each of those.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 11:31 pm

Arkio wrote:
I like semi-dystopian science fiction that takes place on Earth in the future but with medieval elements.

8)

Have you read any of Sean McMullen's work?
Awesome, Awesome stuff!

http://seanmcmullen.net.au/

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 2:06 pm

syzygyish wrote:
Arkio wrote:
I like semi-dystopian science fiction that takes place on Earth in the future but with medieval elements.

8)

Have you read any of Sean McMullen's work?
Awesome, Awesome stuff!

http://seanmcmullen.net.au/
No I haven't heard of him. I don't really like to read fiction. I just like movies and video games mostly.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

I like some scifi, such as startrek, stargete babylon 5 etc. but as far as books are concerned I havent found any books I enjoyed as much as the Hyperion Cantos, the original dune books and the Foundation series.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Mar 2013, 8:57 pm

Zodai wrote:
I don't just like it.

I write it.

Ditto. Though what I'm currently working on seems to be turning more towards fantasy with a sci-fi mix. :lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 9:10 pm

I liked the Highlander series and movies. I used to be a huge fan and I still have my HL novels and books and memorabilia. I'll also spot an actor who was in one or two episodes of the series now and then in other things and point it out.

I liked the Piers Anthony Incarnations of Immortality books.

That's all the sci fi I like though, I think. I do not like Star Trek although I've seen quite a few of the episodes. My husband and younger daughter are big Trekkies so it's on a lot here. I did like the movie about the whales though, I can't remember which one that is. I have actually never seen any of the Star Wars movies. I tried to watch the original many times but just couldn't. I was bored to tears by it and always give up very early on. However, I can play the theme from the movie on the piano. I've never seen Dr Who either, but my husband and daughter both watch that. They also both love all the Star Wars and make references to the movies a lot.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

I like Dr Who (the original series) and the first movie of Back to the future.

There was also a good series that was made here in Australia in the early nineties called "The Girl from tomorrow" it was about Alana (Who is in my Avatar) who was from the year 3000 she goes back to 1990 it was a very good show.