Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you like the Science Fiction genre?
I love Sci-Fi! 68%  68%  [ 26 ]
A little bit. A couple of movies, a few novels here and there. 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
I don't like it or hate it. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
I hate it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't really watch it or read it, so I don't know enough about it to have an opinion on it 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 38

Raj2442
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2013, 7:20 am

I like a bit of Science Fiction. I like Star Wars, used to watch Star Trek, I like Halo, and I even like creating my own sci-fi stories. But I'm not extreme. I don't have any sci-fi books or novels. What about you?

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 7:25 am

I love The X-Files. I love the paranormal... hmm..I'm more picky and choosy with sci-fi. Never really fully absorbed Star Wars or Star Trek. I really liked the movie The Last Starfighter.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 7:32 am

I don't just like it.

I write it.

Author/Writer

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 8:19 am

I am a Star Trek fan-have never seen any of the Star Wars movies from start to finish-I like a lot of Sci Fi and Dr Who and B movies from the 50's and 60's.

roosef
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2013, 10:44 am

Got hooked early. Favorite books growing up were the Ender series, love star trek, start wars, total whovian. Watched sliders and battlestar growing up. I read a Iot of sci fi books too. I like sci-fi so much I became a sfx makeup artist lol

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

Yeah, I love it!

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

I sometimes can't differentiate between different genres. SF and horror could overlap, couldn't they? I think I'm more towards horror than SF. I pretty much stopped watching movies. Hollywood movies somehow always seem to me to be very similar (sound, music, storyline etc) and I find them very boring because of that. I read SF/horror books.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

Dr Who, Ender's Game series, and of course Firefly (my favorite)
Star Wars was ok, but I thought Firefly was better

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

Huge fan of DS9, Firefly,BSG and Stargate SG1.

I also loved the Ender's Game series, Fred Polh's Gateway series and I like Dune until Paul died...

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi pulp like the Stainless Steel Rat, Edgar Rice Burrows' Mars books, and Armageddon 2419 A.D./Airlords of Han (aka Buck Rogers) and E.E. Doc Smith's Lensmen series.

and lots more...

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

Stargate Sg1 best programme, never liked stargate atlantas though.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

oh of course you cant forget doctor who. and also being human but im not sure if thats sci fi or not

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 4:50 pm

franknfurter wrote:
oh of course you cant forget doctor who. and also being human but im not sure if thats sci fi or not

Harlan Ellison has made a strong argument that the genre should be called "speculative fiction", because the science is sometimes strictly secondary to the tale being told (for instance, Ellison's own classic short story, "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream", in which some of AM's abilities go completely unexplained).

Big fan of the field; I've been reading SF just about since I could read, absorbing Heinlein, Niven, Pournelle, Spider Robinson, and all the rest. I also grew up watching Star Trek, have very nearly memorized the dialog in the Star Wars movies (well, 4-6, anyway, the good ones), and watched the original Battlestar Galactica, flawed and derivative as it was, because it was the only new SF on TV. (I prefer the remake - the original does not stand the test of time...)

keira
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:03 pm

I loved Star Wars and I liked quite a lot of space based movies.
I think my favorite was Lexx though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

I love science-fiction! It is the only genre worth reading, imo.

My ABC's were Asimov, Bradbury, and Clarke.

Burroughs and Verne started it all for me; Lucas, Roddenberry, and Spielberg pretty much ended it; and Marc W. Miller provided a framework for me to tie it all together.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:44 pm

I like semi-dystopian science fiction that takes place on Earth in the future but with medieval elements.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

I like sci-fi, but only when it's done well (and unfortunately it very rarely is).