Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:20 am

GGPViper wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
mmcool wrote:
and why do people hate ocz
i have a ocz aglity 3 and it still works 100% after 3 and 1/2 months

They have the highest fail rate. Get back to us in another 6 months and let us know if it's still going strong.

OK, now I'm getting worried. I just noticed that my 256 GB SSD (which I use for my OS and Security Suite) is an OCZ Agility 3. How worried should I be?

Just don't store critical data on it, you can always reload your OS should the drive fail. It's got a long warranty to get a replacement,

It looks like failure rates are the highest of all SSD's out there but since the latest firmware updates, failure rates have dropped to the same levels as all the other SSD's out there. Might want to check for firmware updates for your model just to play it safe and extend its life.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_tools/SandForce_Based/

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 6:10 am

BlueMax wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
mmcool wrote:
and why do people hate ocz
i have a ocz aglity 3 and it still works 100% after 3 and 1/2 months

They have the highest fail rate. Get back to us in another 6 months and let us know if it's still going strong.

OK, now I'm getting worried. I just noticed that my 256 GB SSD (which I use for my OS and Security Suite) is an OCZ Agility 3. How worried should I be?

Just don't store critical data on it, you can always reload your OS should the drive fail. It's got a long warranty to get a replacement,

It looks like failure rates are the highest of all SSD's out there but since the latest firmware updates, failure rates have dropped to the same levels as all the other SSD's out there. Might want to check for firmware updates for your model just to play it safe and extend its life.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_tools/SandForce_Based/

my ocz is showing 100% life left