Fighting your special interests (you vs. your interests)

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 9:02 am

My special interests ARE me.

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2017, 5:47 pm

PicnicSupplies wrote:
I am trying to turn one of my special interests into a profession.

I know so much about mine that I'm sure that knowledge is valuable and one day if it's my job then I can do it as much as I want.

(Or maybe that's just my excuse to be obsessive without guilt! I hope not though.)

I just don't feel comfortable if I don't spend a certain amount of time on my interests, and then I can't be able to do other things.

Same here. Special interests have ended up being a job. Art is my interest now and it's likely going to end up as my job

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:34 pm

How could I not love my greatest special interest-cats? Time spent with them is never wasted.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm

TheAvenger161173 wrote:
PicnicSupplies wrote:
I am trying to turn one of my special interests into a profession.

I know so much about mine that I'm sure that knowledge is valuable and one day if it's my job then I can do it as much as I want.

(Or maybe that's just my excuse to be obsessive without guilt! I hope not though.)

I just don't feel comfortable if I don't spend a certain amount of time on my interests, and then I can't be able to do other things.

Same here. Special interests have ended up being a job. Art is my interest now and it's likely going to end up as my job

Same here. Except my special interest/job is veterinary medicine.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2017, 12:40 am

Yeah, I get that. I spend far more time playing guitar and drums than I do looking for a job or going to the gym any and every day of the week.

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Apr 2017, 6:10 am

My main special interest became my career, i had the best job in the world, challenging, invigorating and fulfilling, until an NT decided he wanted my job and sabotaged everything i did. It is now too painful to allow myself to even think about this subject let alone actively do it, it has taken many years to be able to just listen to music again.

Maybe one day i'll find my way back.