Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 1:21 pm

I got it coming up in a couple of weeks. What can I expect? It's in county circuit court. Will the other jurors expect me to be friendly or can I keep to myself without being labelled a "witch-with-a-b"?

They have wi-fi in the jury waiting area, but if I get called, I don't want to have to lug my laptop around all over the courthouse with me. I have to use an external keyboard since my son spilled something on it. Do they provide lockers?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

You might could get out of it if you have any disability or a doc or psych sign off that you have Aspergers or another issue. I got a letter in for it 1ce & my mom called & told them how I cant drive to get there due to very low vision & the receptionist said for her to mail a note explaining it & she talked to the judge & I got out of it & never got it again.
I don't think actual jury duty is anything like this~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKOtQlUS6s[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm kind of looking forward to it, actually. I'm curious about trials and stuff (not special interest curious, just regular curious).

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

I'd like to do jury duty too, so I wouldn't want to get out of it. I have only been called once, down here, and one of my kids was sick so I couldn't go to the selection. Oh well, maybe I'll get called again.

I don't know anything about it, but I bet you could find out if you call the courthouse. You'll be right there by the big library won't you? I'd definitely make it a point to go by there while I was downtown if I were you. I loved that big library and miss having one like that near me. Our library is about half the size of Avondale library, so it's tiny.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

The Avondale library got bigger, so it's probably 1/3 the size of it now. :) Yep, I called and the guy said that there's a big window that looks out over the library and the parking deck. He said it's a form of entertainment to watch people who trying to park in the lot next door to the parking deck find out that it costs $4.00 even it all you do is drive onto the lot, no matter how long you're there. Then you see them cussing, especially when you don't have $4.00 and you have to park and walk to the ATM around the corner because you can't get out without paying. I'll be getting dropped off and picked up, so that won't be my problem.