Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 2:41 pm

Hi:
I was wondering if you had ever re-connected with a person on a social media site who you had not seen in nearly 20 years but a long time ago, things kept happening that were connected to the other person that made you feel down hearted or disappointed. Then when you go and add this person, those blue feelings come back when you least expect them to.

Have you experienced that?

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Yup! That's why I work hard to minimize all social contact. It's a hard way to live, but for me at least it is the better choice - the lesser of evil's as it were.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2013, 3:42 pm

Kind of. For me though I was close friends with them, but growing up and going to college caused distance and seperation. I feel shy all over again. I feel uncomfortable when they try to talk online or try to hang out.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

For me it was a childhood friend who I used to play with when I was younger. When we got older and hit puberty, he started going through some things and basically began ignoring me when we would interact. I would even try to sit down with him and he would tell me to leave the table or he would get up and leave. He also seemed to talk down to me quite a bit.

His mother told me not to worry because he had developed a habit of being shy or she thought.

A few years later, I had asked if he wanted to be my date for my jr prom since things seemed to calm me down. He turned me down because he was evidently busy and that his mother did not want to take him she had to work that Saturday night. It hurt because I did not know who to ask to the prom or how to do it either. Yet, he had his prom one week before mine with another girl since we went to different schools.

Anyway, we had not spoken since and my mom did not have us interract because she was mad at them for saying "No." She also thought I was overreacting as well and so she did what she could to keep us away from each other. I think it was because she did not want us fighting either.

However, do you think me crying like this has anything to do with NEVER really having the chance to communicate with him after my Jr. prom would play some significance?