Page 1 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 8:24 am

Feralucce wrote:
PRESENTING THE INDEX! >>>INDEX!! !<<<
EVERY issue that has been written to date, and ever one that is to come will be listed here.

My blog and my series "The Care and Feeding of Your Aspie" has grown to the point where it needed its own server, like a teenager graduating to its own room. We've spent MANY hours migrating and upgrading, but it is finally ready.

All of the old links still work, and will take you to the individual posts which will lead you to the posts on the new server, but for simplicity, the new address is https://www.savagelightstudios.com/?cat=33.

Thank you all for reading and thank you all for your support.

I am working on a new recurring segment on my blog called care and feeding of your aspie...
the first installment is here
CLICK HERE - this is a link

anyone have any ideas of topics I should cover?

Last edited by Feralucce on 29 Mar 2013, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:16 am

Haha took me a sec to figure out that part 1 is a link. At first I thought you were saying "I'm going to write something, what do you think it should be about?" Which is substantially different from "here's my last topic I wrote about about, anyone want to pick the next topic?"

Nice article, by the way. I think you summed it up quite well, and your points are most likely the reason it's hard for us to find good friends; most people see us as too much investment with too little return.

My suggestion for next topic is how to care for and feed your nt! Do the opposite article now! I would tattoo that on my arm for reference, lol.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:34 am

that is an interesting idea... I fixed the link...

I will toss this to my personal nts and see what they have to say

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 12:24 pm

Feralucce wrote:
I am working on a new recurring segment on my blog called care and feeding of your aspie...
the first installment is here
CLICK HERE - this is a link

anyone have any ideas of topics I should cover?

Brilliant blog site 8) I don't have any topics at the moment - you've nailed it! BTW, love the tee-shirt 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:43 pm

Special Interests.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 8:32 pm

Sensory issues and meltdowns

Draka
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

Excellent blog. Maybe discuss the need for bluntness and truthfulness when explaining things (without hurting feelings of course), especially intentions and emotions; also, answering any questions with a logical response (no "because I said so"). I, too, think discussing sensory sensitivities is a good idea.

Kaede
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

Since the title is 'caring and feeding...' you could put something in about sensory issues and food. If I say I can't eat Chinese food, it's because the smell of it makes me ill, not because I haven't eaten good Chinese food before.
If you want to be less specific, like Moomingirl said, sensory issues could be a good thing to focus on.

Please post the next part of it when you have written it. I liked part 1.

blue1skies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

I loved it! It was a great post. I'll definitely keep reading the other articles.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 12:52 am

Just saw this and haven't read the blog entry yet, but I love the name already. :D

Not that we're helpless, but I like the idea of "your Aspie" like we are a pet that needs a special regimen.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 8:42 pm

Issue 2 <-- clickable link

Issue 3 <-- Clickable link

These are the next two issues

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

This really ought to read, "Why Not To Bother Having An Aspie In Your Life."

Really-- if you have to go to all that adjustment and change for another human being, it's just not worth it.

Trust me. Hubby and I have been trying for years. Every year we get more resentful of each other and more unhappy.

If you're a neurotypical, look for relationships with other neurotypicals.

If you're an Aspie, find a few friendships with very tolerant individuals who don't mind spending the occasional Friday night playing Trivial Pursuit or talking about books or painting miniatures you're never going to play with or whatever. Join a club that serves your interest, and be content to take a passive role. Don't try to have close relationships with people-- you are not suited for it, and no matter what they tell themselves in the interest of wanting to see themselves as good guys, they don't want you.

I'm sorry. I know this is harsh. We have the same right to live as anyone else, blah blah blah.

BS. I wish someone had given me this advice when I was a young idealistic Aspie looking to build myself a life. It would have saved a lot of heartache and trouble. Not just for me. Hubby would have a happy, fulfilling life with a normal wife and four beautiful, wonderful f**ked-up kids would not be destined for a life of suffering, struggling, failure, and misery.

But hell no. People just have to spread their f*****g idealism around...

Come spend a week in my house, and then talk about how Aspies are just fine, Aspies and NTs can co-exist, all that other s**t. It's BS.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Issue 2 <-- clickable link

Issue 3 <-- Clickable link

These are the next two issues

I loved them. I hope you do more. :D

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
This really ought to read, "Why Not To Bother Having An Aspie In Your Life."

Really-- if you have to go to all that adjustment and change for another human being, it's just not worth it.

Trust me. Hubby and I have been trying for years. Every year we get more resentful of each other and more unhappy.

If you're a neurotypical, look for relationships with other neurotypicals.

If you're an Aspie, find a few friendships with very tolerant individuals who don't mind spending the occasional Friday night playing Trivial Pursuit or talking about books or painting miniatures you're never going to play with or whatever. Join a club that serves your interest, and be content to take a passive role. Don't try to have close relationships with people-- you are not suited for it, and no matter what they tell themselves in the interest of wanting to see themselves as good guys, they don't want you.

I'm sorry. I know this is harsh. We have the same right to live as anyone else, blah blah blah.

BS. I wish someone had given me this advice when I was a young idealistic Aspie looking to build myself a life. It would have saved a lot of heartache and trouble. Not just for me. Hubby would have a happy, fulfilling life with a normal wife and four beautiful, wonderful f****-up kids would not be destined for a life of suffering, struggling, failure, and misery.

But hell no. People just have to spread their f***ing idealism around...

Come spend a week in my house, and then talk about how Aspies are just fine, Aspies and NTs can co-exist, all that other sh**. It's BS.

Buyer... No offense... but you are wrong. My sister is aspie... been with my best friend/her hubby for 19 years... My significant other and I have been together for 16 years...

And all four of us are happy... just because you are not with the right person, does not mean it doesn't work.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm

http://wayoutonthecorner.blogspot.com/2 ... art-4.html

Part 4 <-- clickable link

kabouter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

I absolutely love part 4.

It is a scream :lol: