Page 24 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:02 pm

mik9 wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Yes it's a huge subject. I was thinking more of the aspie side of it - the pros and cons of being self-employed on the spectrum.

I am working on my thoughts for that... It's gotta wait while I get my Private Investigators license.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 1:09 am

so... thinking about making a video series based on this blog series... what do you think

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 12:39 am

Just an update... we are about 1/3rd of the way through with formatting the physical print book. We have discovered that we need to cut it into 3 or four books or it would be a nightmare of a tome. So... We're going to get the first one done and play the best by ear.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2017, 9:41 pm

Just read the first article, this is fantastic! I honestly thought it was going to be a blog about how to take care of an aspie like he or she is ret*d or something. But this is a very unexpected yet pleasent sight to see. Keep up a good work!

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 6:03 am

I wanted to share some good news with you all.

The Care and Feeding of Your Aspie is going to be available in physical printed book form by weeks, end and on kindle within 2 weeks.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:48 am

The care and feeding of your aspie is now in printed form... HERE IT IS

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

:D I really loved this. It made me laugh. At first I wondered if the topic name indicated a crass article with little substance, but then I read a large portion of the advice I keep trying to give NTs. I'm blown away by how I am(I think) often perceived as self-absorbed or even whiny, or worse, yet all I want to say to the NTs that I still speak to is exactly this: "The way in which you communicate creates the divide, the shut-down, the pulling away, the anger that you perceive. And Stop Interrupting!! ! Gahhhhh!!" haha!

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 1:32 pm

Thank you... That is precisely why I write the series.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 4:58 am

Your blog posts contain a great deal of truth Mr. Ferralucce. One thing I truly despise is when there's a change in procedures in the warehouse I work and even the slightest amount of change or alteration can cause a great deal of anger and stimming for hours on end it seems. It's quite draining indeed.

Anytime a forklift goes down or I'm forced to work with somebody when I usually work alone, some new guy starting that I have to train, too much clutter and not enough space in which to work and and when drivers demand that I load their trucks, etc. etc.

As an Aspie it's amazing that I can work at any of the work places I've been at. I don't think many Autistics could. It's no wonder I had a heart attack in 2010 when I was only 34 years old. Just stressed right out all the time.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 8:23 am

Absolutely... change sucks... this last year has been a metaphorical iditarod of change for me... moving, got dumped, friends moved away, started college, lost a car... it sucks.

LilLoki
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

definitely the best thing I've ever read, I want to show this to each of my family, it would be great to have a better understanding

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 4:16 pm

Hey guys. The series has been moved as we have reorganized the website. http://www.savagelightstudios.com

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 4:45 pm

Excellent writing Feralucce. :D

I'm glad for the recent posts as I have managed somehow to miss this thread previously. I've only read the first few parts so far, but already I'm very heartened to see you covering the simple things which are so often forgotten (e.g. the role of poor sleep) and especially your emphasis on how the way that we are treated affects our self-esteem (so often neglected in other guides.)

Wishing you every success with the printed book, and hoping that you will get the opportunity to publish the follow-up volumes. :D

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 12:31 pm

Thank you for your praise... i do my best

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 9:29 am

This could be exactly what I am looking for. Lemme go through it and see, but I am already feeling excited!

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 11:16 am

Also, are you open to uodating the content of your series with alternative ways some AS issues may express themselves? Like, in the Sensory issues part you talk ahout hypersensitivity, but in my case I actually have hiposensitivity so I may be able to provide some thoughts and information on that