physical deformities and aspergers link?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

swashyrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Disclaimer: I am not insinuating that physical deformity and aspergers are negative things. I am naturally curious to find out if others share my experience and have no agenda of forming a link, I think anyone in this situation would have questions. (Have read some arguments on similar posts).

I was diagnosed very recently with aspergers, and I'm a 25 year old female. I've been grappling a lot with the positives and negatives, and understanding how to see this diagnosis. It's admittedly challenging because I am currently very depressed and have developed GAD in the last year, but trying to remain rational in my view on all this.

I was born a bit different, it would seem, not defective, but just different. Except I also have odd looking feet which I have been bullied about, aside from the fact the toes on one foot aren't fully formed, even though I was born a bit late. I also have a heart defect, I don't remember what it's called, but a valve is misshaped basically.

So, how can I not wonder if there's some kind of connecting cause between my physical deformities and my aspergers? Aren't scientists still unsure of the cause and common held beliefs are only speculative? from what I've read anyway. I also have horrible gut issues, which apparently is common with AS, so there is already study on the gut connection.

Does anyone else have physical issues they were born with AS WELL AS aspergers?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

swashyrose wrote:
So, how can I not wonder if there's some kind of connecting cause between my physical deformities and my aspergers?

No. Entirely no link at all.

swashyrose wrote:
Aren't scientists still unsure of the cause and common held beliefs are only speculative?

Well, yes and no, but that has nothing at all to do with your premise.

Next, 'commonly held beliefs,' which are by definition speculative, aren't science.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

swashyrose wrote:
physical deformities and aspergers link?

No.

marginalized
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

I have scoliosis. So my anecdotal evidence would indicate a 100% correlation with physical deformities.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 8:51 pm

marginalized wrote:
I have scoliosis. So my anecdotal evidence would indicate a 100% correlation with physical deformities.

All of my physical deformities were induced through my own actions or the actions of others against me, so my anecdotal evidence would indicate a zero-percent correlation.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2013, 10:32 pm

No. Perhaps you have non-AS brain damage that has been misdiagnosed, though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:09 pm

dajand8 wrote:
No. Perhaps you have non-AS brain damage that has been misdiagnosed, though.

And just who was this lapse in courtliness directed at, by the way?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 10:08 am

Aren't Aspie men more handsome, and Apsie women more beautiful, and more physically attractive compared to NT men and women? :wink: