Why do women care so much about a mans height?

Page 12 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ How your one night stand guys looked like generally? Be honest...

Ranging from unattractive to average. I can't get "Hot" guys. I don't expect "Hot guys", and I'm fine with that. Most of the time I was drunk, desperate and a pleaser. Some of them turned out to be complete animals, who to be honest I had no respect for.

Like I said, I've made a lot of mistakes. No more.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:05 am

Desperate for what exactly? For a bf? or for sex?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Desperate for what exactly? For a bf? or for sex?

Not to be looked down/made fun of for being a virgin. Societal pressure. Also trying to convince myself that I would like sex with these people if I tried enough.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:22 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Outrider wrote:
I thought when you said this:

"because that would mean admitting you're the problem as opposed to taking out your problems on women."

You were talking to me personally.

If you said 'the men in this thread are saying all this, they wont admit they are the problem and are taking it out on women personally' then i would have understood better.

She’s talking about me much like previous mean women, seems her grudge against me didn’t go away during her absence. I’m just going ignore her posts from now on, she’s doesn’t seem capable or reasonable conversation with me or of seeing mine or others point of view or issues. Perhaps men accused her f such things in the past so she takes it personally. Why she defends superficial women who aren’t anything like her i dont know, but some women have a one for all and all for one attitude about the femal gender. I would not and do not defend men who would reject woman for being above average, small boobs, not being having blond hair. I won’t defend superficial men. Freak them they horrible people. So are the superficial women who stick to gender stereotypes and bad traditions. Women got rights, women got independence, we removed past female stereotypes and traditions why can’t we get ride of the man mud make be the provider s**t.

Why can’t two people both work and have kids, who the freak says one has to stay home all the time. There’s day cares, preschools etc. so why can’t two min wage workers rent a ok apartment and raise a kid? Freaking 16 olds teens manage it. Why can’t a 30old woman?

You are one example, though I don't remember knowing you since I came back to this site. I don't have a grudge against you, I don't know who you are. I have a grudge against the sort of false generalisations you spurt. I don't hate the poster, I hate the post. You weren't who I thought of when initially writing that. You're just annoyed because what I said is true. It may be your personality people don't find attractive, though you refuse to believe that because it's not a shallow reason to not be attracted to someone. People don't have to like what they don't like, men or women. If a man doesn't like small boobs, it's not really other people's concern. A lot of men hate what I look like, and all the more power to me, I know who to stay away from.

You're just so wrong about me and people in general. When did I defend superficial people? By saying that people don't have to find attractive what they don't want to find attractive?

It's not all about looks. Most problems are incompatibility, different outlooks on life, no chemistry, et cetera.

No you annoy me cause you accuse me of lying while you have no proof otherwise cause you’re not that way so all women aren’t that way, yiu live in New Zealand, what do you know of American women? I live here I deal with them daily, I read their profiles, ads and social media posts daily. I even explained to you such women are on wrong planet yet you still sit their with a smug attitude that I’m lying and making it all up and women are perfect angels. Trather then accept that most American women and probably most American men are superficial you choose to blam is aspie men, yiu claim it must be our personality but you don’t know us, and those women never met us to see our personality they simply look at a pic , job status and reject or approve. It’s that simple. No personality involved since to see and know someone’s personality would require actually talking to them and meeting up which said women won’t do unless said men meet their idea of a quality man which means good looks, good paid job, owning a car, and having their own place. All things that American society deems as needed to have your life together, anyone who doesn’t is deemed a worthless loser. I won’t pretend to understand New Zealand culture, society and women so plreas stop acting like you know what’s happening in American and i a person who actually lives her doesn’t. I’ll leave Australia and New Zealand to outrider and retrogamer who actually live there, though from them it doesn’t sound much better. I don’t think your such a woman, I’d love to have nice chats with you I think your avatar is cute, but sadly as low g as you take this high horse attitude that you know better and I’m just a liar and ignore all the evidence including women here from the USA saying they won’t date men like me, I don’t see us having conversations. I don’t need this in my life, it’s alread depressing without some lady from the other side of the planet telling me such women who expressly say they won’t date low paid or unemployed men are lying and that it’s anout my personality though they’ve never even talked to me, and the ones who have straight to my face told me it’s cause my job and Inability to pay for raising kids, vacations to Europe, cars, house, dinners out, etc. that I lack ambition cause at 30 I should be well near the top of a career but now. Climbing that cooperate ladder. You clearly don’t understand and the fact yiu just keep digging that hole deeper makes me think yiu never will

Nurseangle is one of said women who won’t date down, to her I’m worthless and unlovable but she’s straight about it and doesn’t say I’m lying, she’s kind even if I think she’s superficial, we disagree but we have mostly civilized conversations they don’t envolve Rhee calling me a liar and saying it must just be my terrible personality. Like ouch.

Real world calling. Money matters, money buys things, money pays for things, I’m not stupid. Most people want to be upper middle class. Just is what it is atleast in America. Middle class hate poor people her elike despise them, call them theives . People work to death in attempt to achieve middle class. Doesn’t seem so unbelievably that women would want to only date middle class or better men if they can. But I don’t have to believe, they post their qualifications to date the, and as DO NOT MESSAGE ME UNLESS YOU MEEET THEM!! !! I’ve had female friends from Europe tell me their other male friends from the USA have similar problems. So tells me it’s not just the west coast. Then yiu have studies that show women aren’t dating down and that marriages are in decline because of it and birth rates are at all time low. Yiu have women who went to college and have good jobs complaining there aren’t enough men. There’s more men then women. So it’s not a problem of not enough men, it’s not enough quality men for them, men aren’t going to college as much as women, and men who do aren’t graduating as much and those who do aren’t find as many jobs. Factory jobs use to be a source of good jobs for men are being automated or shipped over seas, but women aren’t lowering their standards, no they highering hem cause they going to college getting good paying jobs and want a man who makes the same or more but those men are fewer and fewer. These women aren’t single by choice like you, they want to get married and have a family. So there upset they can’t find a man good enough to do it with.

I had a female coworkers ask me “where are all the quality men at?”
I should have been like sorry I’m not a quality man to you and walked away.

Most women aren’t like you, they aren’t like sweatleaf, hurtloam, slwrtc they aren’t aspie women, they’d society drive nt women, they want to be popular and fit in, they want status, they want fancy things, they want nice homes, they want kids, etc, who’s more likely to provide that me or a man making $30 and hour with benefits and s retirement package?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:32 am

Striaght from woman in my area

Taller than 5'9", larger than 180lbs, older than 30, younger than 40, single, no kids, 420 friendly, has a job, a car, and a place to live.

I am 5'9", thicker than avg, 30, single, no kids, never married.
Looking for FWB possibly LTR married w children in next 5-10 years.
Also notice she won’t take a guy shorter then her either

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:33 am

*sigh*. I know how dating on the internet works.

To stand out on the internet you need to be exceptional with your words. It's not easy. I've met a few men who could get any woman salivating over them, and they never have had profile pictures, they did it all with words, and interesting conversation. But most people don't have this gift. Women are much harsher online than they are in real life.

To stand out in real life you just need an attractive personality, and the confidence to get out there.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:34 am

sly279 wrote:
Striaght from woman in my area

Taller than 5'9", larger than 180lbs, older than 30, younger than 40, single, no kids, 420 friendly, has a job, a car, and a place to live.

I am 5'9", thicker than avg, 30, single, no kids, never married.
Looking for FWB possibly LTR married w children in next 5-10 years.
Also notice she won’t take a guy shorter then her either

That's just an example of an idiot who will end up with someone the complete opposite of that stupid list, i'd give you 1000 bucks if I'm wrong.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:37 am

hale_bopp wrote:

To stand out on the internet you need to be exceptional with your words. It's not easy. I've met a few men who could get any woman salivating over them, and they never have had profile pictures, they did it all with words, and interesting conversation. But most people don't have this gift. Women are much harsher online than they are in real life.

To stand out in real life you just need an attractive personality, and the confidence to get out there.

I hear them say it in real life. I even pointed out the one who said it to my face she was just a coworker.
I had few female friends in person tell me it too.

I make women smile and laugh if they give me the chance. The one liked me and my personality but saw no future with me as my job is low paid, she needs a real man who’ll take her on vacations to Hawaii and Europe and take here out to eat few times a week.

Also I apprently come off as confident in person on dates. My issue is no women will agree to go on a bloody date where they’d see this and my personality.
1st or second message if they didn’t lost the requirements on their profile is what do you do for work, and I never hear from most again and the others tell me my job isn’t s real job

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:44 am

Most people don't stand out. Most people aren't special.

Most NTs just make friends, get invited to parties and social events, and met.new people at these social gatherings.

The most common way people meet their SO is through friends or friends.

You need social skills but don't Ned to be exceptional or charming. Relationships come naturally to 90% of people.

Most just naturally meet someone of The opposite aex they are compatible with through a friend at a social gathering like a party or mixed sex group hangout.

They naturally get along well with this person, develop.mutual feelings and one makes the first move. Or they hook up with the friend from time to time and eventually ask to go steady.

You don't even need confidence, just mutual attraction. If confidence is liking who you are and being comfortable with who you are then Im very confident but it doesnt 'make' girls attracted to me.

My first girlfriend I had a negative attitude. I didn't say anything to her dace but I always told myself "she doesn't like me. She never will". But guess what she did. Don't give me that "they can see right thrpifh you and know you have a negative attitude".
Whenever i had a positive attitude and said me and my girlfrind are doing fine together they always dumped me the very next day because attitude can't always influence the world around you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:45 am

sly279 wrote:
I hear them say it in real life. I even pointed out the one who said it to my face she was just a coworker.
I had few female friends in person tell me it too.

I make women smile and laugh if they give me the chance. The one liked me and my personality but saw no future with me as my job is low paid, she needs a real man who’ll take her on vacations to Hawaii and Europe and take here out to eat few times a week.

Also I apprently come off as confident in person on dates. My issue is no women will agree to go on a bloody date where they’d see this and my personality.
1st or second message if they didn’t lost the requirements on their profile is what do you do for work, and I never hear from most again and the others tell me my job isn’t s real job

Do these women earn much? They probably want someone else to fall back on, which is sad. People in a higher income bracket are generally sisters doing it for themselves, maybe aim for them. Also how old are these people? It's very common in immature women to make lists. If you have to tell someone your job on a dating site.. just don't talk to them. Losers.

I really don't want to sound like a snob, but what a women herself earns is often an indication of how unrealistically demanding she will be. I'm sorry, but it seems to be the truth. The majority of women who don't earn their way are in minimum wage jobs or are jobless, and expect 3 worlds more than they can offer. It could potentially be an intelligence thing.

I've bought more guys food on dates more times than I can count. Because I'm not entitled. Also, I'm generous. I don't lap up anything I can get in terms of other people "owing me something:. I do it for myself. I'm a bloody hard worker. I'd also be more likely to give someone like you a chance because I have a brain, and don't judge people's worth on "whether they can pay for my dinner".

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Oct 2017, 6:05 am

I am about 5'2 and I do have a height preference in men. The range I Iike is from 5'7 to 6'. A guy who is about 6' and up seems too tall for me. Conversely, a guy less than 5'6 seems too short for me. I would be more willing to deal with a tall guy than a really short one though. I don't want to have children but in case I did, a spouse who is average or above average height versus really short would make it more likely for us to have children who were average height versus short.

I think a lot of this is due to biological programming. I have been told by some guys online that I am not tall enough for them. One even said that the height difference would bother him. I have read profiles on dating sites by guys claiming to be tall who want females who are above average height or even tall. So not only females but also, males are concerned about height and height difference.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:00 pm

To be fair, from my experience, the majority of males aren’t that picky about height.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:

To stand out on the internet you need to be exceptional with your words.
So that's my problem! When chatting to girls on dating sites I talk normally, not fancily.
hale_bopp wrote:
It's not easy. I've met a few men who could get any woman salivating over them
Which words did they use? :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:32 am

hale_bopp wrote:
To be fair, from my experience, the majority of males aren’t that picky about height.

No, but most of your gender is.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 2:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

To stand out on the internet you need to be exceptional with your words.
So that's my problem! When chatting to girls on dating sites I talk normally, not fancily.
hale_bopp wrote:
It's not easy. I've met a few men who could get any woman salivating over them
Which words did they use? :)

Generally they had a way with giving people what they want. I was talking to an aspie who is exceptionally good with working people last night. Not caring and portraying confidence gave him a huge advantage. A well written profile works wonders and most guys don’t have the knack.

Interacting with people in communities is also much better than cold approaching someone. If I was the guys here, I’d go to a forum that has a 50/50 balance of men and women, and start posting. Show them what an interesting and intelligent person you are.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:34 pm

Cause they feel protected i'd imagine and it makes them feel more feminine if the guy is taller.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"