Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2013, 6:21 pm

What's a cute way to ask a girl to prom?

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2013, 6:32 pm

You could try writing "will you be my prom date" on a dessert of some sort to give to her. I guess that would be cute :?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

<--- Didn't go to his prom.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

<------- probably won't go to her prom.

BUT, if by some miracle someone did want to take me...

I'd personally think it cute if he just asked.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

There's a big sign outside a local high school. The sign was originally intended to be a "book" displaying inspirational quotes, but it was quickly painted over with graffiti, and now the school district takes money for people to paint messages on it. Recently, the sign began displaying the following message: "Caesar B., will you go to PROM with me? [heart] Makayla". I suppose that Caesar was impressed. You could send the girl a single red rose with the message asking her to go to prom. Be careful that she doesn't already have a bf. I did the rose thing to a girl who I didn't know was taken, and got the crap beat out of me by her angry bf. I ultimately did go to prom though. I was lucky to have a girlfriend for my last three years in HS, two different ones. I was trying to dump my second one (she was weird) when I sent the rose to the girl whose bf nearly killed me in the cafeteria in front of the student body. I simply went to prom with the weird girl, which is just as well since she was a junior and the next year very few of her classmates (including her) went to senior prom because a popular kid killed himself two or three weeks prior.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm

Didn't go to mine after the girl I was going to go with started dating another guy...

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 11:45 pm

Funny how everyone who didn't go to prom felt compelled to post in this thread. I'm not criticizing, I just found it was funny! :lol:

I'm pretty sure I won't be going to prom either, BTW.

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2013, 2:54 am

my special ed teacher (who was also the varisty basketball coach at that time) arranged a sophomore to go with me to my senior prom

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2013, 7:45 am

Reading through these I see a common trend, very few of you went to prom. I think I might try what pezar wrote though. How would be the best way to give her the rose? I'm assuming breaking into her locker is a little creepy.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 9:32 am

If I recall, my prom date asked me just by passing me a note in history class. Honestly, if the girl likes you, she won't care how you ask her, she'll just be happy that you asked her. So, don't stress out over it too much. Good luck!

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

Sheerboredom wrote:
Reading through these I see a common trend, very few of you went to prom. I think I might try what pezar wrote though. How would be the best way to give her the rose? I'm assuming breaking into her locker is a little creepy.

What I did is I left it at the front office and had the office call her up to get it.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

<-----didn't go to her prom

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

Prom 2009, I'll never forget that one~

I don't really know about a "cute" way; in my junior grade prom I went with a cousin, and in the senior grade prom I went with my girlfriend at the time, where going to each other's prom was kind of a given :lol:

Why do you want to ask someone to prom, and why must it be in a cute way. Are you just looking for a couple, or you want someone specifically? In that case, are your plans strictly about going to prom with her, or do you want to use that as an stepping stone to enter some kind of relationship? Is she an acquaintance or a friend?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 3:06 am

We dont have proms here.

However a friend tried to organize something like that for her birthday(she was a bit of a reject and she wanted some attention I guess). Big party, loud music, everyone in formal clothing...

One day as I was leaving a friend of hers approached me when we were around their group.
We had barely talked in the past but she wanted to say hi and see if I was going to this girl´s party.

The girl throwing the party was a little mad at her because she hadnt invited me yet but she invited me at that moment.

She procceded to ask if I could dance with her at some point.

I dont suggest you try to do this in front of your friends but it worked for her.

As someone has stated if she likes you just asking her in any way whatsoever should be enough

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

I can't say I am the expert on cute actions, but I were to go all out on asking a date, I'd probably either write a poem, or I would write a song. So, try one of those. If you are looking for one that will draw less attention, do the poem one.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

<-----didn't go to his prom