Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

bigdavid
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2013, 10:20 am

Have have a big, life decision to make. It's driving me crazy. Every time I think about it (which is most of the time) my head starts spinning with all of the information. How are we supposed to make these kinds of adult decisions when we get such information overload. I am possibly wanting to separate myself from a group of people, but I have a feeling that if I just spit out that I probably have Asperger's, my whole attitude might change. I did this in my recovery meetings and it went over very well. I have really dug myself a hole with all of the acting of done my life. Truth is, most of the time, I just don't get it.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 9:32 pm

Its pretty hard.

It kinda feels like you might as well just roll a dice.

I have the same problem, cant really remember that well, so making decisions its kinda hard, when you dont have anything to base it on.

Give me a menu card and ask me to pick one order, and that is more than enough to confuse me, i can spend like an hour and not know, and thats just for food. kinda pathethic lol.

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 10:53 am

Been there. It's agonizing. You just have to muddle your way though it.

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger...

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 11:13 am

I hate that kind of situation. What has worked for me in the past is to realize I am mentally spinning my wheels and try to stop thinking so much. I instead try to focus on my breathing and just putting one foot in front of the other. Having a helpful belief system is important for me. In the past I have had to realize that my beliefs about life and such were not working for me and have had to change them. You mentioned a recovery group; things I have learned within the recovery community have been a big help, like First Things First, Turn It Over, and so on.

It also helps me to remember that if I am uncertain what to do, then often the best choice is to do nothing until some sense of clarity presents itself, and until then let it go and focus on something else.