Sometimes 23%  23%  [ 73 ]
All the time 27%  27%  [ 86 ]
All the time 28%  28%  [ 89 ]
Total votes : 321

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2013, 5:16 am

All the time, I hear music in my head, as well as some random snippet of a cartoon or weird pictures and words.
Sometimes I make up my own songs and let them play in my head.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:31 am

Constantly. Especially while I'm dreaming.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 11:24 pm

yep

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 4:55 pm

Yes, a lot of the time.

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2013, 8:54 am

I have a soundtrack in my head all the time, which can be very re-assuring and totally frustrating at the same time. I mentioned it to a few people over the years and they thought I was bonkers, it looks like I am in good company here. :D

A couple of things I find is that the genre or tone can change depending upon the environment I am in or have just left. If I have to use public transport - a huge challenge - I try and listen to smooth calming jazz or such like, but when I take my earphones out I have a be-bop free form thing going on that can take hours to calm down. If I get hopelessly lost and end up in a crowded pub, I hear something like death metal or old Black Sabbath type of tunes.

I also find myself very susceptible to 'ear worms' which can go on for ages until I go and find the track and play it, which seems to hit the 'reset' button in my head. Years ago I got stuck with the chorus from Joe Dolce "shaddup a ya face" for about 4 days and nearly threw myself under a train!

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 10:48 pm

Yes, but I have control over it now, so I can listen to whatever I've listened to in the past (but not perfectly - if it's Wagner or Bruckner I can get stuck not knowing what comes next), or I can compose music in my head if I want. And I can turn the music off when I want, too. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything else.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 2:44 am

It depends on several factors.

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2015, 3:20 pm

Unless I'm physically listening to music from an exterior source I hear it internally, often the same song will play repeatedly, on an endless loop, for days at a time.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2015, 10:12 pm

sometimes

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

I constantly hear and see music in my head. My sound and sight/touch get a bit screwed up a lot of the time so I get music with textures/shapes/colours (although I don't get the coloured numbers thing that a lot of autistic people seem to experience, it's purely with sound). It's good and bad. I've never bothered to learn an instrument as I've never needed external input to create music. When I do listen to external music then it can be very intense and I struggle not to get 'lost' in it. I use it more as a medication than anything else.

I tend not to listen to music when I'm around other people as I end up completely spacing out and then they think I'm nuts (which is probably a fair assessment) and it can be embarrassing. Some of my family play instruments and will let me sit right next to them while they play and it's like being on drugs at times. The sound just radiates through me and I can't pay attention to anything else. Guitars and drums are the worst/best for this. Drums feel as though my bones are being continuously hit with warm air and guitars are like being electrocuted (in a good way) along my spine and skull. Acoustic guitars are more tickly and relaxing whereas electric guitars can feel almost sexual. I used to get terrible depression when I was a child/teen and music has been better than any therapy or drugs. I have several different playlists that I use to regulate my moods and it works perfectly for me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 11:13 pm

I do all the time. It helps me to keep moving. I'm able to control the songs I hear in my head pretty much like being on YouTube.

Mecatoi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2016, 12:12 pm

It was all the time, untill I started with ansiolitycs. Same music over and over. If it was a classical I had to hear actually the coda to stop it. Now it is less frequent.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2016, 7:42 am

If I'm not really focused on many noises at all (because often I'm accidentally listening into most of the conversations, even in neighbouring rooms) then I do hear songs sometimes...Other times I might just be talking to myself in my head, it helps me prepare for conversations.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 8:59 pm

Sometimes I get the dreaded "ear worm." the songs that embed themselves in your ear and chew out your brain. Usually, it's a song I hate. It drives me nuts!

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 9:08 pm

Dhawal wrote:
I hear music in my head 24/7, so I wanted to know about the others. I mostly hear songs I've heard in past couple of days. If I haven't heard anything in 2-3 days, there's original stuff. Usually electronic beats, chords, minimal DJ stuff.
And yeah, 24/7 means even if I wake in the middle of the night, there's something playing in my head!

If it was music I liked, that would be great!

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2017, 11:26 am

Very often, virtually constantly I'm hearing music currently if there's not a music or sounds I'm listening too. If I'm not hearing music in my head and I'm not focused on some sounds, then I'll hear me talking to myself or hear something someone said to me over and over.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php