Men, Math and Marriage--arguments against marriage

Page 10 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:54 pm

BlueMax wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc[/youtube]

Warning: language

Unsure the relevancy of the video in this thread about marriage especially when no one was trying to limit another freedom of speech. Either way while I'm against limiting freedom of speech the guys still had their conference and I don't find this incident too out there considering the lecture was by Warren Farrell who said "We have forgotten that before we began calling this date rape and date fraud, we called it exciting."..no just no.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:59 pm

appletheclown wrote:
You know what your a blockhead, your wrong, I agree with kouzoku, this is over.

I'm a blockhead for treating gals the same way I treat guys when either downplays crimes against the opposite gender... :roll:

Me not thinking either gender's crimes is more important than the other is not accepting a scenario where women have it better as if gals are always the downtrodden victims. :roll:

LMFAO XD it seems equality bothers many as apparently I'm supposed to think guys have it oh so hard and gals have it better instead of they're on equal ground :D

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:04 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
You know what your a blockhead, your wrong, I agree with kouzoku, this is over.

I'm a blockhead for treating gals the same way I treat guys when either downplays crimes against the opposite gender... :roll:

Me not thinking either gender's crimes is more important than the other is not accepting a scenario where women have it better as if gals are always the downtrodden victims. :roll:

LMFAO XD it seems equality bothers many as apparently I'm supposed to think guys have it oh so hard and gals have it better instead of they're on equal ground :D

You don't, you were being a complete jerk to any man who commented here, prick!

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:10 pm

appletheclown wrote:

Yes I do, I haven't responded to every guy who commented here so it's a complete lie to say I was a complete jerk to any man commenting here.

I'm the jerk when you repeatedly personally insulted in almost every post insulted calling me a prick, stupid, etc... :roll:

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:16 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

Yes I do, I haven't responded to every guy who commented here so it's a complete lie to say I was a complete jerk to any man commenting here.

If anyone is a jerk it's you as unlike you I haven't insulted you or called you names while you on the other hand in almost every post insulted and name-called me (prick, stupid, etc)

YEAH I WAS BEING A JERK, BUT AT LEAST I ADMIT IT INSTEAD OF POINTING OUT THE FAULTS IN OTHERS AND THINKING I AM ALWAYS RIGHT! I AGREE WITH YOU, I WAS BEING A JERK, YOU DESERVED IT. IF YOU SEE NO FAULTS IN ANYTHING YOU SAID YOU ARE VERY VERY FULL OF YOUR SELF.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:18 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

I'm the jerk when you repeatedly personally insulted in almost every post insulted calling me a prick, stupid, etc... :roll:

THAT IS NOT WHY YOU WERE A JERK, YOU WERE A JERK TO THE MEN YOU (CAUTION) DID (CAUTION) RESPOND TO, NICE EVASION TACTIC BY THE WAY, I'LL ASSUME IT IS A FEMALE THING.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:22 pm

appletheclown wrote:
YEAH I WAS BEING A JERK, BUT AT LEAST I ADMIT IT INSTEAD OF POINTING OUT THE FAULTS IN OTHERS AND THINKING I AM ALWAYS RIGHT! I AGREE WITH YOU, I WAS BEING A JERK, YOU DESERVED IT. IF YOU SEE NO FAULTS IN ANYTHING YOU SAID YOU ARE VERY VERY FULL OF YOUR SELF.

Nowhere did I state I always think I'm right.... 8O

LMFAO @ I deserve you being a jerk because I said many guys approve/encourage violence against gals without tacking on that none of the guys here are like that. By that logic people who say many people are thieves deserve you being a jerk to them.

I see no faults in what I said because it's true not because I'm very very full of myself. No different than it's true to state many people are greedy. It's only fault to you because you felt it was a personal attack on you even though I did not state it was an innate male characteristic and even said stating such is a low misandric opinion of guys.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:25 pm

appletheclown wrote:
THAT IS NOT WHY YOU WERE A JERK, YOU WERE A JERK TO THE MEN YOU (CAUTION) DID (CAUTION) RESPOND TO, NICE EVASION TACTIC BY THE WAY, I'LL ASSUME IT IS A FEMALE THING.

I didn't do any evasion tactic in fact I addressed you claim and proven it false.

As for this new claim I didn't personally insult the guys I responded to if anything they like you were a jerk to me. I'll assume it's a male thing to think a gal deserves you being a jerk to her for saying something you don't like. Such as with you me stating feminists are changing rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment is not realizing guys stop these things as well even though feminists can be both guys and gals. :D

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:32 pm

It's plainly obvious that, just like the women in the above video, there cannot be any dialogue on the subject - these people are simply unwilling to negotiate or discuss, only make demands, demand obedience, and attack opposing views at all costs.

Fairness will always suffer under tyranny.

Is equality really such a terrible thing??

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:36 pm

BlueMax wrote:
It's plainly obvious that, just like the women in the above video, there cannot be any dialogue on the subject - these people are simply unwilling to negotiate or discuss, only make demands, demand obedience, and attack opposing views at all costs.

I get that impression from you.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:36 pm

BlueMax wrote:

Yes.

Long answer: Hell yes. :?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:43 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

Nowhere did I state I always think I'm right.... 8O

LMFAO @ I deserve you being a jerk because I said many guys approve/encourage violence against gals without tacking on that none of the guys here are like that. By that logic people who say many people are thieves deserve you being a jerk to them.

I see no faults in what I said because it's true not because I'm very very full of myself. No different than it's true to state many people are greedy. It's only fault to you because you felt it was a personal attack on you even though I did not state it was an innate male characteristic and even said stating such is a low misandric opinion of guys.

I don't even know what the hell misandric means. Not only that, let's get back to the drawing board.
You assumed ArriantParriah has an opinion of guys that they should be violent and abusive, which is horses**t.
You see no faults in what you said because it is true, and 'assume' that we mean the extreme of what we say such as, "guys do TOOOO" means that we think guys have it ohhh sooooooo touuuugggghhhhhh...........
You then after saying something like this, tell us you never said guys don't have it tough when you were obviously being a sarcastic prick, which deserves me to be a jerk to you.
You then disregard anything anybody has to add to the disscusion, and assume your arguement is flawless, even though most aspies don't understand sarcasm, and it usually pisses them off, as said by almost everyone else.
You also bullied arriantparriah, and pretended that he was and abussive jerk, when he is probably a shy nice guy who enjoys asian ladies
You also make it a point to belittle others by making them feel guilty in anything they say that goes against your argument whether it is true or not
You also completely ignored Trion's story, that he went through horrible abusive s**t, and it was never brought to justice, and that the person respnsible was a woman, and then acted like a heartless narcisist and argued with him again, bilittling everything he said in his next post
Are you happy now, I bet not, so I'm not going to talk to you any more.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:43 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

Yes.

Why is equality really such a terrible thing for you?

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:58 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

Yes.

Why is equality really such a terrible thing for you?

It's a sarcastic answer to his post, thus the :? emoticon.

I'd like there to be equality, but the truth of the matter is, it won't happen.

Not as long as you got feminists and MRAs running around.

It certainly doesn't help that there's a "RARGH CRUSH THE MAN-MALE" attitude that's slowly seeping into our society.

I could understand if the men who were actual misogynists were the ones who suffered, but it's often the good guys who respect women that get dragged into the whole thing. And if a man points out misandry, it's simply tucked away because "women have everything soooooo much harder." For people who talk about not believing in gender roles (aspies), it's sure hypocritical to tell men that they have to suck up whatever happens to them. That is sexist in and of itself.

I think Fnord put it best in another thread:
Fnord wrote:
Multi-page threads exist wherein post after post seems to reinforce the idea that only misogyny is real, and that claims of misandry are just the selfish whining of spineless males who refuse to grow up and act like mature adults. Women are encouraged to elaborate on their troubles, while men are told to "just drop it".

Both sides have it very hard, just in different ways. But it seems like the more that that particular fact is mentioned, the more ire it brings. In fact it brings more ire than simply making a misogynist comment. It just makes no logical sense. :?

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 7:01 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I don't even know what the hell misandric means. Not only that, let's get back to the drawing board.
Misandric means pertaining to the hatred of men.

You assumed ArriantParriah has an opinion of guys that they should be violent and abusive, which is horses**t.
I assumed ArriantParriah had this opinion due to this exchange:
ArrantPariah: I think that Feminism isn't so much about "gals should stay away from guys" as "gals should go to work and undo millions of years of evolution that make men what they are", and that gals should have legal, moral, and other advantages over men.
Me: Your thought process seems to be quite misandrist as feminists have worked to undo rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment so if those things make men what they are...yeah that's quite an opinion of guys.
ArrantParriah: But, you seem to have made my point: Feminism is about changing men

You see no faults in what you said because it is true, and 'assume' that we mean the extreme of what we say such as, "guys do TOOOO" means that we think guys have it ohhh sooooooo touuuugggghhhhhh...........
You then after saying something like this, tell us you never said guys don't have it tough when you were obviously being a sarcastic prick, which deserves me to be a jerk to you.
I wasn't being sarcastic so I guess that means I don't deserve you being a jerk to me.

You then disregard anything anybody has to add to the disscusion, and assume your arguement is flawless, even though most aspies don't understand sarcasm, and it usually pisses them off, as said by almost everyone else.
I didn't disregard anything anybody had to add in fact I addressed them. If anything others disregarded my argument adding in mocking, insults, name calling, and accusations. I wasn't being sarcastic so there is no sarcasm on my part to be pissed off at.

You also bullied arriantparriah, and pretended that he was and abussive jerk, when he is probably a shy nice guy who enjoys asian ladies
You also make it a point to belittle others by making them feel guilty in anything they say that goes against your argument whether it is true or not
I didn't bully ArriantParriah nor did I pretend he was an abusive jerk I stated it's a possibility no different than you stating he is probably a shy nice guy. I haven't bullied anyone nor made anyone feel guilty in anything they say against my argument if anything that yours and BlueMax's tactic as recall your first post to me was either I have your opinion or I'm a dumbass.

You also completely ignored Trion's story, that he went through horrible abusive sh**, and it was never brought to justice, and that the person respnsible was a woman, and then acted like a heartless narcisist and argued with him again, bilittling everything he said in his next post
It's not being a heartless narcissist or arguing to state that only 2 out of 7 of the sources he listed actually say what he claims. Him being abused doesn't give him a free pass on making false claims.

Are you happy now, I bet not, so I'm not going to talk to you any more.
Actually I'm quite happy and for not talking to me anymore I won a certain bet with my sorority sisters

Really this is bullying and making him feel guilty? LMFAO XD :)
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Tyrion wrote:
At least some of them support it. Yes, I have read the study in the past when it came out. I just thought it was common knowledge and didn't want to (1) dig it up and (2) parse it once again. Anyway, if you read what I wrote, you wouldn't be so nitpicky about it. All I'm trying to say is that it's unfair to blame cheating primarily on men. As you have seen, at least some surveys indicate that women are as likely, or more likely, to cheat.

Different opinions as 2 out of 7 is not what I call some. It's not being 'so nitpicky' to state the almost all the studies you're claiming show gals are more likely or as likely to cheat don't state such. No different than someone is saying a house is yellow and it's blue it's not 'so nitpicky' to tell them it's not yellow but blue.

No one was blaming cheating primarily on guys saying gals having more rights than in the past means they don't have to put up with a cheating husband like in the past is not blaming cheating primarily on guys. Do tell where does this blame cheating primarily on guys rather than explaining a possibility that divorce rates are higher because of gals increasing financial freedom meaning not having to stay in an unfortunate relationship?
"In addition, maybe the divorce rates are higher since women have more rights than to put up with a husband who cheats(In the past they would just keep quiet since they were financially dependent). "

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 09 May 2013, 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:02 pm

I was married for twenty years,I don't ever intent to marry again.I like my maiden name,took it back after the divorce.I intend to keep it.