Men, Math and Marriage--arguments against marriage

Page 9 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 4:47 pm

kouzoku wrote:
No, I meant what I said. "Make most of the decisions and call the shots."

Interesting I'd be curious to see such a dynamic. Is it like the portrayal of the unhappy henpecked male partner and the nagging shrew of a female partner?

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 09 May 2013, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 4:54 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I am upset, stop being so stinking dark! Women and men do great things, I never said women do not do great things! Why does this topic have to have such an attitude being tossed around with it? You don't think I am upset about you not saying a word about women being good? You don't think I don't know there are a large number of women who are just as abusive and messed up as men? You don't think for one second mentioning how guys can be bad and not mentioning how girls can be bad might make some men who don't do that crap mad? Maybe we both need to calm down! And when I first replied, "Is every one here an idiot....", I wasn't implying anything, I was being aspie like and directly asking if everyone here is an idiot, not pointing out you mentioned anything! this whole argument you started is for nothing! I was pointing out men do good things too, and I will admit, I did not acknowledge women play a role too, and may have bashed feminism, but sometimes feminism grill guys completely innocent of anything, and makes them have to deal with nitpicky BS, so I'm sorry if I was a little rash.

I didn't state you never said gals don't do great things I did question how come you're only upset that I'm not talking about how good guys are when I also didn't talk about how good gals are.

I also didn't mention how guys can be bad without mentioning how gals can be bad as recall I said:
Gals can wave their finger at a gal and magically she's the bad gal.
Guys can wave their finger at a gal and magically she's the bad gal.
Gals can wave their finger at a guy and magically he's the bad guy.
Guys can wave their finger at a guy and magically he's the bad guy.

Show me where I said guys can be bad without mentioning how gals can be bad? Oh that's right because I didn't.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 4:55 pm

appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Anomiel wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
Well that makes sense I guess. Women's suffering is all men's fault, and men's suffering is all men's fault as well. :roll:

The idea of "traditional masculinity", and that men should be violent etc, is an idea uphold by all genders of society. If you can't understand something, then you ASK QUESTIONS.

Violent? Hmm, don't blame society for everything. Men are not completely responsible for the world's hurt, not by a long-shot.

Egh blaming society isn't holding guys completely responsible as society is made of both genders. She even states this is upheld by all genders. Where did you get this solely blaming men?

Because you didn't blame women who do bad sh** stupid!

Blaming all genders is blaming gals. :?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 4:56 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Can we please calm down about this though, this whole mess is making the both of us mad.

I wouldn't back down too quickly though - it's all part of the strategy to "gnaw at your opponent relentlessly until they give up - then you win!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCsUpggXqbQ[/youtube]

I haven't gnawed at anyone in anything I've been gnawed because it seems not going on and on about how oh so great guys when the topic isn't about that is somehow disliking guys and thinking men are all violent... 8O Still have yet to get an answer on why no different than I've yet to get an answer from you on how I'm using a slogan or some of the same battle cries.

No, the exact reason why we keep this going is because you don't for a second think you are even being a little bit unfair in your ASSumptions. How is "a large amount of men want to treat women like cattle" not insulting to us guys who are the very opposite? I'm not telling you you are blowing this out of proportion, but you could have said "a large amount of men want to treat women like cattle, but i'm sure none of you guys do.", which would have killed this bickering as fast as a bunker buster to the head.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 4:59 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Anomiel wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
Well that makes sense I guess. Women's suffering is all men's fault, and men's suffering is all men's fault as well. :roll:

The idea of "traditional masculinity", and that men should be violent etc, is an idea uphold by all genders of society. If you can't understand something, then you ASK QUESTIONS.

Violent? Hmm, don't blame society for everything. Men are not completely responsible for the world's hurt, not by a long-shot.

Egh blaming society isn't holding guys completely responsible as society is made of both genders. She even states this is upheld by all genders.[/i] Where did you get this solely blaming men?

Because [i]you
(NOT ANOMIEL) didn't blame women who do bad sh** stupid!

Those were not your words to speak! Anomiel had that opinion first!

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:01 pm

appletheclown wrote:
No, the exact reason why we keep this going is because you don't for a second think you are even being a little bit unfair in your ASSumptions. How is "a large amount of men want to treat women like cattle" not insulting to us guys who are the very opposite? I'm not telling you you are blowing this out of proportion, but you could have said "a large amount of men want to treat women like cattle, but i'm sure none of you guys do.", which would have killed this bickering as fast as a bunker buster to the head.

No more like the reason you keep this going as you're the only other one talking about this. It's not unfair or insulting to guys who are the very opposite because it's not talking about them nor is it making it a characteristic innate in guys to treat gals as such. No different than saying "a large amount of people are greedy" is not insulting to those that aren't greedy.

I could have said what you put that however I see no reason as I'm not accusing anyone of being part of that large amount. Stating it exists is not an attack on guys or an accusation.

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 09 May 2013, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 5:02 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
kouzoku wrote:

Interesting I'd be curious to see such a dynamic. Is it like the portrayal of the unhappy henpecked male partner and the nagging shrew of a female partner?

See, you keep making assumptions. You will not accept a scenario where women have it better. I'm done here.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:10 pm

kouzoku wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
kouzoku wrote:

See, you keep making assumptions. You will not accept a scenario where women have it better. I'm done here.

You're the one making assumptions asking what if it's like is not making an assumption it's asking a question. My description is not a scenario were gals have it better as being a nagging shrew is not better in my opinion.

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 09 May 2013, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:10 pm

appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Anomiel wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

Egh blaming society isn't holding guys completely responsible as society is made of both genders. She even states this is upheld by all genders.[/i] Where did you get this solely blaming men?

Because [i]you

As for your clarification on your perception I didn't blame gals who do bad sh** again show me where I only blamed guys who did bad sh** when I stated:

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 5:12 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
I am upset, stop being so stinking dark! Women and men do great things, I never said women do not do great things! Why does this topic have to have such an attitude being tossed around with it? You don't think I am upset about you not saying a word about women being good? You don't think I don't know there are a large number of women who are just as abusive and messed up as men? You don't think for one second mentioning how guys can be bad and not mentioning how girls can be bad might make some men who don't do that crap mad? Maybe we both need to calm down! And when I first replied, "Is every one here an idiot....", I wasn't implying anything, I was being aspie like and directly asking if everyone here is an idiot, not pointing out you mentioned anything! this whole argument you started is for nothing! I was pointing out men do good things too, and I will admit, I did not acknowledge women play a role too, and may have bashed feminism, but sometimes feminism grill guys completely innocent of anything, and makes them have to deal with nitpicky BS, so I'm sorry if I was a little rash.

I didn't state you never said gals don't do great things I did question how come you're only upset that I'm not talking about how good guys are when I also didn't talk about how good gals are.

I also didn't mention how guys can be bad without mentioning how gals can be bad as recall I said:

Show me where I said guys can be bad without mentioning how gals can be bad? Oh that's right because I didn't.

Quote YOU!! !! !! !: telling how often guys will downplay crimes against gals going with the notion that guys have it oh so worse. Such as with rape claiming rape is some rare freak occurrence but false rape accusations are rampant and some guys have to fear 24/7. It seems the notion is bad acts against gals by guys is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against guys by gals is prevalent.

STOP PUTTING YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH! SARCASM IS NOT WELCOME HERE! HOW DARE YOU DOWNPLAY MEN WHO HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM, YOUR HEART IS OBVIOUSLY COLD AND NOT SUPPORTED BY AN OPEN MIND. I KNOW WOMEN HAVE IT ROUGH, NOTE: I KNOW WOMEN HAVE IT ROUGH, but guys do TOOOOOOOOOO!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 5:15 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Anomiel wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

Because [i]you

As for your clarification on your perception I didn't blame gals who do bad sh** again show me where I only blamed guys who did bad sh** when I stated:

How bout you stop being an obnoxious prick, and realize I was simply quoting you most recent response!

I can do it too!! !! ! Dang, your pissing 4 people off already!

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:18 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Quote YOU!! !! !! !: telling how often guys will downplay crimes against gals going with the notion that guys have it oh so worse. Such as with rape claiming rape is some rare freak occurrence but false rape accusations are rampant and some guys have to fear 24/7. It seems the notion is bad acts against gals by guys is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against guys by gals is prevalent.

STOP PUTTING YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH! SARCASM IS NOT WELCOME HERE! HOW DARE YOU DOWNPLAY MEN WHO HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM, YOUR HEART IS OBVIOUSLY COLD AND NOT SUPPORTED BY AN OPEN MIND. I KNOW WOMEN HAVE IT ROUGH, NOTE: I KNOW WOMEN HAVE IT ROUGH, but guys do TOOOOOOOOOO!

I was asking you to show me where in those statements posts I mentioned guys being bad without mentioning gals as you had posted quoting those statements.

As for this quote you're the one putting your foot in your mouth as it's not logical to mention gal's bad acts here since I'm responding to a guy who is doing bad acts logically I'll talk about guys doing bad acts not gals. Whenever a gal downplays crimes against guys I say a similar thing like I did to this guy who downplayed crimes against gals: "telling how often gals will downplay crimes against guys going with the notion that gals have it oh so worse. It seems the notion is bad acts against guys by gals is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against gals by guys is prevalent."

Nowhere did I downplay guys having anything done to them or say that guys don't have it tough. In fact the male user was the doing the downplaying and saying a gender (gals) don't have it tough.

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 09 May 2013, 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:25 pm

appletheclown wrote:
How bout you stop being an obnoxious prick, and realize I was simply quoting you most recent response!

I can do it too!! !! ! Dang, your pissing 4 people off already!

If you wanted to respond to me and not that specific post it'd make more sense to put @AnonymousGIrl. How is that pissing 4 people off to acknowledge that anyone can wave their finger and claim another person is 'bad'?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 5:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc[/youtube]

Warning: language

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 5:48 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

I was asking you to show me where in those statements posts I mentioned guys being bad without mentioning gals as you had posted quoting those statements that I mentioned guys being without mentioning gals.

As for this quote you're the one putting your foot in your mouth whenever a gal downplays crimes against guys I say a similar thing like I did to this guy who downplayed crimes against gals: "telling how often gals will downplay crimes against guys going with the notion that gals have it oh so worse. It seems the notion is bad acts against guys by gals is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against gals by guys is prevalent."

Nowhere did I downplay guys having anything done to them or say that guys don't have it tough. In fact the male user was the doing the downplaying and saying a gender (gals) don't have it tough.

You know what your a blockhead, your wrong, I agree with kouzoku, this is over.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 5:54 pm

BlueMax wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc[/youtube]

Warning: language

Unsure the relevancy of the video in this thread about marriage especially when no one was trying to limit another freedom of speech. Either way while I'm against limiting freedom of speech the guys still had their conference and I don't find this incident too out there considering the lecture was by Warren Farrell who said "We have forgotten that before we began calling this date rape and date fraud, we called it exciting."..no just no.