Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

msrockymthigh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2013, 10:04 pm

I am a 37 year old male from Simcoe, Ontario who has never been officially diagnosed. It only came to light because of my 13 year old niece. We were looking for answers to some of her behaviours and it was my aunt who came up with the Asperger's theory. My mother and I read the information that my aunt. We read about the symptoms (social behaviours, repetitive movements and such) and my mother turned to me and said "who else does this remind you of?" Right away I saw it was me. We then remembered an aunt of mine on my father's side of the family who is also the same way. One of her things was that she had to have lunch at precisely 12:00 no matter what she was doing or where she was.

So I am glad that I have found this place and I am looking forward to being able to "talk" to people who have gone through the same things that I have growing up. This is a small town and I doubt there are too many fellow aspies running around here (apart from my niece that is)
I would like to be able to help her if I can Her own father (my brother) was killed in an accident in July of 2011.

So here I am, this is me.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 10:26 pm

if you can see things much like she does you could be a big help, if not you could try too hard and then-
make it too hard or
make things more manageable in the long run by dealing with you-
it is hard to raise kids, do your best and if you mean well it should work out

oh, and where are my manors
WELCOME TO WP :D

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 10:53 pm

I figured out I have aspergers when reading about my nephew's diagnosis. welcome.

msrockymthigh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2013, 9:38 am

Thank you.

P.S. I forgot to mention in my first post that I am a writer, or at least trying to be. I have written several short stories, poems and two novels. One which I published as an e-book. It's called "Miss Candace" and the main male character has asperger's and is modelled after myself. You can google it. Type: 'Miss Candace ebook' and you will find it.