Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 1:35 am

Drehmaschine wrote:
It feels exactly like a cat scratching a sunburn or bruise. It doesn't hurt much at all.

Sunburn is exactly how I'd describe it- like scratching sunburnt skin. I didn't have a problem with the feeling of it, but I found the noise of the needle really hard to deal with. I took music and listened to Pink Floyd really loudly to drown it out which is also what I do at the dentist (same problem)- I even have a 'dentist' playlist on my ipod of songs that are really loud/distracting/make me 'hyper'!

isometry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2013, 4:57 am

I have a Petersen graph tattoo on my left upper arm.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 May 2013, 10:51 am

Bubbles137 wrote:
Drehmaschine wrote:
It feels exactly like a cat scratching a sunburn or bruise. It doesn't hurt much at all.

Sunburn is exactly how I'd describe it- like scratching sunburnt skin. I didn't have a problem with the feeling of it, but I found the noise of the needle really hard to deal with. I took music and listened to Pink Floyd really loudly to drown it out which is also what I do at the dentist (same problem)- I even have a 'dentist' playlist on my ipod of songs that are really loud/distracting/make me 'hyper'!

I don't mind the sound of the tattoo gun, and as far as the feeling, it almost gets numb after the first minute or so. Not bad at all. Sunburn is a good description of how it feels right afterward, and for me, the "sunburn" feeling went away by the next day. The only issue I had was a bit of bleeding, as I have very shallow veins since I'm a bodybuilder. Most people don't bleed, as I've been told.

Charles

3point1four
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2013, 1:39 pm

I have a U2 tattoo which I got about twelve years ago. I would really like a tattoo of the auryn from the Neverending Story, but when I asked around about it a few years ago, the tattoo artists I spoke to either refused to do it or said it would have to be much bigger than I wanted it (which wasn't that small!). It was really frustrating because I've seen photos of very similar tattoos online, so I don't understand why it would be so difficult. I probably just wasn't communicating well, but it took so much to ask around about it that I've been reluctant to try again. I actually like the feeling of getting a tattoo, but I don't like the sound of the gun.