Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 8:47 am

If anyone here is considering a career in military, think again. I watched a documentary about rape in the military. It was HORRIBLE! These women were treated as though they were the perpetrators by the military authorities. Most were not even believed - even after obvious injuries - broken jaws, spine damage, hip damage - all from brutal rape. WOMEN SHOULD STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE MILITARY. The statistics were incredibly high. It was ridiculous.
Ladies, it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY isn't worth it.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:36 am

I've heard before that military-men are generally more obsessed with sex than civilians for some reason. :? :salut:

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 11:52 am

RightGalaxy, having done four years in naval intelligence in the early eighties--long before I had ever heard of AS--I would go one step further and say the military is no place for aspies.

As with the police, the military tends to attract macho-type men who value violence and rough behavior. These men are young, and I suspect they have higher than average levels of testosterone. Putting an attractive woman into this situation is like putting a cat into a pen full of pit bulls, especially while out at sea or on exercises where there are no other women. I went for as long as four months without seeing a woman. Fortunately for me, I'm not particularly over-sexed. But a lot of sailors I knew were. So, they take the women available rather than women for whom such arrangements would be consensual.

I'm guessing this is the reason women haven't served in the military until recently, as well as the reason why nerdy-type aspies are out of place.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 12:48 pm

Hmm, I can't say from firsthand experience but I've heard similar stories and I know that my friend's aunt got raped in the military and after she left she became an alcoholic.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 1:02 pm

Everyone of all genders should stay out of the military.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 1:41 pm

That’ll only be possible if we get rid of countries and borders. And then, we’d still need to be ready to repel an alien invasion :alien:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 2:35 pm

But what if the aliens end up being peaceful.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 2:37 pm

What if they don't?

meems
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 3:30 pm

That documentary made me so grateful I didn't join the Air Force when I was 18. So grateful.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 4:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
But what if the aliens end up being peaceful.

Maybe the Roswell aliens were friends with future-Earth, and they accidentally traveled back in time somehow while going into warp-speed. :idea:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 6:25 pm

Back on topic, the Army officers at Roswell must have done such a poor job of covering up the crash because they were preoccupied with getting laid. :lmao:

meems
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 6:28 pm

I think the topic was rape, not "getting laid".

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 7:37 pm

The guy that the Air Force put in charge of reducing rape and harassment, just got charged with sexual assault. So it may be fair to say that the upper 'brass' still don't get it.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:34 am

I would never willingly go into the military and this is another good reason not to.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:32 am

I considered a career in the military for a while, but then I came to know that they will never choose me for the military because I have ADHD and ODD (they don't choose defiant people or people that can't/don't want to follow directions).

Ahw well. Not so bad evidently.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:36 am

Venger wrote:
Back on topic, the Army officers at Roswell must have done such a poor job of covering up the crash because they were preoccupied with sexually assaulting female comrades.

fify