Page 56 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 93  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:04 am

If you are looking for battles of wit by unconventional personality characters akin to L of Death Note, you might find some interest in No Game, No Life. It does have a more male focused design compared to the others you said that you liked, with also fanservice, it does have the high bloom of K, but despite its mind games like setting it also has quite a bit of heart in my opinion. It could fit if you cannot keep your attention for a huge amount of time.

It Depends on whether you are looking for something dubbed, or if subtitled is enough.
I do think that ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka might be up your alley, I did have some problems with it but it might not be to you.

Going off your likes, Death Parade might be a good recommendation. And super catchy song, although with a kind of more serious topic.

Blood Blockade Battlefront might be a good choice.

And for little reason beyond thinking it really cool, and is about half way through its second season and gaining some recognition, there is Rage of Bahamut. I am not sure if it will fit, but I think that it is fun, the second season is subbed only so far and at half way puts it about 24 episodes entirely, but I don’t think it is something to get very bored with. Its OP is pretty hype, but kind of Hollywood like.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 3:22 pm

I can only really recommend my favourites--Clannad, Kanon, Air, Little Busters, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers, Digimon Frontier, Chi's Sweet Home, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Nausicca [though the last four are Studio Ghibli movies]. Oh, and Inuyasha is pretty good, too, but from season 4 onwards is 90% filler until you get to The Final Act, which tries to put twenty volumes of manga into two series.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm

Bradleigh: Thanks. I'll look into all of those. I don't care if it's subbed or dubbed but I prefer subbed.

Kuraudo: I love Studio Ghibli movies, I've seen all of those. Have you seen The Cat Returns? I loved Digimon too, I watched seasons 1-3. The first two were my favorites.

I wasn't a fan of InuYasha though I did like some of the characters. I liked Sesshoumaru and didn't see why he was jealous of his brother since imo Sesshoumaru was better overall and had the better sword :roll: I will look up the other anime mentioned.

Thank you both. :) Now I have to decide whether to novel or watch anime.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:09 pm

Spirited Away is my absolute favourite; I even have the artbook. I haven't seen The Cat Returns, but I do have it. :mrgreen: Who are your favourite Digimon characters? Mine are Hikari, Tailmon/Angewomon, Takeru, Patamon/Angemon, Wizardmon, Ken, Ruki, Renamon, Juri, and Kouji and Kouichi from Frontier. [I only watch anime in Japanese, except for Studio Ghibli movies.]

The main problem I have with Inuyasha is the titular character's attitude problems, and the fact that Inuyasha, Kagome, and Sango are all Tsunderes, which is an archetype that I'm thoroughly sick of. Sesshomaru used to be my favourite, but then I realized that he legitimately tries to kill the main cast in his first appearance and receives no retribution whatsoever. Now Kikyo is my favourite.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:25 pm

I liked the Cat Returns. You should watch it.

I honestly don't remember season 3 of Digimon tbh. But I liked Yamato, Izumi and Kenichi (I think Kain from FF4 set me on a path of loving evil characters who later redeem themselves :lol: ). I loved Myotismon/Vamdemon (?) and MetalSeadramon. He was just hilarious to me. And Gatomon/Tailmon, and Wizardmon.

Inuyasha and Kikyo both annoyed me. :lol: Miroku was entertaining at least. I still like Sesshoumaru but I wouldn't watch the anime again just for him.

Here is by far the best cosplay I've ever seen of him. :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:37 pm

Kouichi is extremely similar to Ken in that regard, and has a very interesting character arc.

Have you watched any of the Digimon Adventure Tri movies? The next one [focusing on Tailmon and Hikari] is coming out at the end of September. It would be nice if Wizardmon came back somehow, but I'm sure there's so many fans who want that to happen.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:48 pm

The only Digimon movies I've seen were the first two, Digimon: The Movie and Digimon: Boku no War Game. But if you say they're worth watching, I will look at them. Movies hold my attention span much better than series do (which is why I prefer short series).

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:52 pm

You can find them on here:
https://9anime.to/

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:02 pm

Thank you :heart: I see Chi's Sweet Home is on there too. I don't typically watch ongoing anime (it's not good for my obsessive tendencies), so I'll wait until it's finished before I start it. ^^

I forgot to mention for recommendations, I also loved Kuroshitsuji.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:11 pm

Random fact: The voice actress for Chi also voiced Ushio in Clannad.

I have issues with Black Butler, but it's okay if you want to talk about it anyway. :)

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:26 pm

:?: Are Clannad, Air and Kanon all part of the same series? Which comes first?

Yeah Kuroshitsuji is not for everyone. It's on the darker side of things, especially the second season. It's about as dark as I'm willing to go. Totally unrelated, I also liked Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter.

I have to say I would never watch something like Yami no Matsuei/Descendants of Darkness. When I read about the plot it was way too much for me. I know it has quite a following, and I was pretty disturbed when I found out that it got dubbed. But to each their own.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:33 pm

They aren't part of a series, so you can watch them in any order. I would suggest starting with Clannad, though. You'll likely need to bring tissues, as all three have tremendously sad moments [but also loads of hilarious ones]. And of course, I prefer the subbed versions. :lol:

The Claymore manga is as dark as I go; the anime is a mess, and cuts out tons of foreshadowing, messes up a lot of important things, and creates an entirely new ending that abruptly stops the series out of the blue [the manga was at Vol. 11 at that point, and there's 27 volumes in total]. I didn't mean to rant... :oops:

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:40 pm

Okay. I thought I read that they were somewhere. I'll bring tissues but I'm not sure I'll need them. I don't often cry over anime. I can't remember the last time I did, if I ever did. But if I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

No you're fine, you're not ranting. I've heard of Claymore too but I don't know what it's about. Care to share?

I've come up with a solution to my writing or watching anime problem. I'm watching ten minutes of the first Digimon Adventure tri movie, then writing for ten minutes and switching back and forth. :lol: Who says I can't do both?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:47 pm

If you like the first Digimon movie, the director has done some pretty good other movies: The Girl who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, and Wolf Children.

Air, Kanon, and Clannad were games written Key, and later animated well by Kyoto Animation. I think that they were created in that order, and are generally separate from each other, but occasionally there are cameos, like I think Air had a couple characters from Kanon pop up, but not because Kanon had come before. Air being the first can kind of be uneven.

Black Butler has never really been anything that I thought would interest me, but I have been getting ads recently of some movie of it with zombies, which has surprised me. That what I considered quite girly might have zombie apocalypses. Probably not that that important, but a character from the recent Kyoto Animation show, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, had a "butler" who was meant to be reference to Black Butler and had the same voice actor or something.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:54 pm

Bradleigh: I've never heard of Wolf Children but I'll add it to my list. I saw the Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, which to me was almost identical to Boku no War Game (the second Digimon movie).

:lol: I love seeing references like that.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:28 pm

I think that what I meant with the first Digimon movie actually is the first 3, as they were bundled into a single movie where I am. There is also The Boy and the Beast, but I don't think that it was as good as the other ones by Hosoda.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid