Page 78 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 93  Next

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

30 Mar 2018, 8:22 am

I completely forgot Haruhi was on Crunchyroll now thanks to that Funimation deal.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 1:23 am

With Spring season already coming out, which already has odd things like a girl turning into a magical girl that is a muscle man, and horse girls, I suppose I should give a cap of the Winter 2018 anime.

A Place Further Than The Universe, turned out to be fantastic in full, without relying on anything fantasy. It is on lists so far as running anime of the year so far. What turned out so well was its really good of use of comedy, before getting the feels, and the 4 main characters were endlessly entertaining. Go watch it if you are anime fan, you might enjoy it more than you initially think.

Hakumei and Mikochi was the hidden gem of the season. It is what I would call beautiful, with exploring various themes in ways I would not expect, even things adults might connect more with, such as careers, and not to be turned off from by thinking it looks too child friendly.

For a show that is continuing on into the Spring season, that you could jump in half way, I put forward Darling in the Franxx. Notable for being a mix of Trigger, and A1, but it does feel more Trigger. It has good action, but it also has some rather interesting themes, most worthy of discussion. One of the themes is sexuality, not that it is openly naughty, but explores it in a mostly mature way.

Mitsobushi Colors Stayed pretty great throughout, really feeling like you are caught up in the in the games of young kids. Although it is mostly good fun, it is not idolised as these kids can be downright savage, being brats in pretty funny ways.

And to run the risk of doing too much of the same type of show, Laid Back Camp was indeed a nice laid back experience.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:32 am

Sacchan forever. Lupin Forever.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2018, 5:43 pm

Hisone to Maso-tan had a really good premiere episode and I wish it were available legally.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 9:28 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
Hisone to Maso-tan had a really good premiere episode and I wish it were available legally.

It does, after it finishes airing it will be on netflix.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 3:10 am

I think that all the Spring 2018 anime have had at least their first episode now, so I might be able to give a reaction to it.

Of new series, I think so far the one so far most has my attention, might be Hinamatsuri, so far it has been pretty funny and entertaining. Saying that though, it kind of makes me think that none have super blown me away like previous seasons. For returning franchises, There is My Hero Academia Season 3, which based on its second season will have a lot of buzz. A personal favourite return though, would be Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory, where the series has meant a lot to me, and was great seeing its first episode. But as a SAO fan, I am also quite interested in SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online, with a new cast and focus on the shooter game within the franchise, I have a good feeling so far.

Actually, there might be another great series; Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, an adult romcom about otaku, bringing to mind something like Recovery of an MMO Junkie. These sorts of series have turned out really good, and I quite enjoyed the first episode, with the quirky main character. I am not really one for sports, boxing, or the style of 90's anime, but Megalo Box so far has been really cool, and I actually find things like its style to be charming, which is a surprise. And also charmed by the new 'cute girls doing thing' anime, Comic Girls, I know they can get bad raps, but recent versions of these types of shows have been really good, and so far this one has too.

Magical Girl Site so far has been worth a look at, although it has so far been an especially grim version of a dark magical girl series, and would be interesting if it turns out to be nuance enough for its themes. But how could I forget Magical Girl Ore, which released two episodes at once, and was really funny, especially if you understand things like references to magical series, or really anime in general. And to round out magical girl deconstruction, which there seems to be a good amount of, there is a new season of Earth Defence Club Love, called Cute High Earth Defense Club HAPPY KISS!, which thankfully has decided to be more refreshing after getting a bit stale in its second season, with a new cast that would probably be welcome to newcomers.

And lastly, a sort of child friendly series, a child friendly horror, is Gegege no Kitaro, an apparent return of a much older series, and so far it has worked. Gaijin Goomba even did a video about it.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 3:41 pm

Just 19 hours till new Lupin.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 3:49 pm

I wonder if the Persona 3 movies are any good. I still haven't watched Persona 4's anime.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2018, 3:56 pm

Netflix premiered all of Aggretsuko at once (10 fifteen-minute episodes) and it is so good. :o I really hope there's a season 2.

(There's also a hundred one-minute shorts for me to watch...)

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 4:03 pm

hi

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2018, 2:49 am

Ehh...
I might watch anime occasionally.
I quite liked Akame ga Kill.
Used to watch Dragon Ball a lot when I was younger. Wasn't the biggest fan of Pokemon.
Many of my friends are big anime and manga fans.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 12:23 pm

Less than 24 hours till the next Lupin.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 8:25 am

Right now I'm watching Kerokko Demetan in french dub, life is hard for that poor little frog. Yoshiyuki Tomino was at the storyboard, and taking notes for future series of his own it seem...

Terminal 9
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2018, 11:15 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one riding the non-existent Lupin hype train. This monkey faced thief is pretty much my current obsession.

- The Foundation

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 11:40 pm

Terminal 9 wrote:
Glad to see I'm not the only one riding the non-existent Lupin hype train. This monkey faced thief is pretty much my current obsession.

He is my favorite anti villain. I have loved him for a long time.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

01 May 2018, 9:44 am

Trying to get into anime, slowly buy surely. I don't want to see anything with a lot of sexual fanservice in it, and the database entries on Anime News Network don't really inform me other than saying stuff like "objectionable content: Significant" and stuff like that.