Page 81 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm

^Phantom in the Twilight looks rather intriguing. I think I'll check it out.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 2:24 pm

Sigh. Another pretty boy vampire.

Here I thought it would be reasonably good. This proves that having Takahiro Sakurai alone doesn't make an anime great. :P

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 4:18 pm

So far loving Cells At Work, How Not To Summon A Demon Lord, and Chio's School Road, and as always Lupin.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 5:04 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Sigh. Another pretty boy vampire.

Here I thought it would be reasonably good. This proves that having Takahiro Sakurai alone doesn't make an anime great. :P

He at least has been mentioned to have proper vampire weaknesses, such as unable to enter a dwelling without being invited, running water, and sunlight, although I would be happy if sunlight was downplayed because it really was not supposed to be that strong of a weakness to vampires like Dracula. Most of my positive has been on the heroine being interesting and treated with respect.

Worse in this season, there is 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams, which I am still interested in for having a cute mascot character and generally having a nice design, but has mostly left me with focusing on its problem and how it just misses its mark. Such as the main character, who does not even have a name, has inconsistent characterisation, and kind of does not really do anything. Well she tried doing something in the first episode, and felt like the show punished her, so there is a conflict in the third episode where she literally does not do anything until after everything is resolved. The male characters have also failed to be as interesting as Phantom in the Twilight.

Worse even is The Thousand Muskateers, which is like that boys are swords anime, but this time they are guns, things like muskets or flintlock pistols of historical figures like Napleon. I can't say much, because I found it painful to watch due to not like this kind of show, so not watch past first episode.

This season is also hosting the third season of Free: Free! -Dive to the Future, which I have been interesting in characters growing past the pigeon hole they have been placed in, with a bunch of new characters, although I am less enthusiastic about the drama.

As I mentioned before, also with its third season is Overlord; Overlord III, which has done well in its first two episodes by focusing on the characters the audience finds interesting, and characters ignored for all of season 2.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 12:32 am

Just rewatched Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. The ending episode still made me tear up. That absolute misery on Kobyashi's face is heartbreaking.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:12 pm

I'm going to watch Princess Tutu and Ah My Goddess at some point.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2018, 5:26 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I'm going to watch Princess Tutu and Ah My Goddess at some point.

Princess Tutu is one of my absolute favorites! Hope you enjoy! :D

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 7:18 pm

I've added Land of the Lustrous to my watch list. So much to watch...

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 5:10 pm

Oh I didn't see there was an anime topic :o I actually just posted a topic about the anime Cells at Work since I am watching it this season along with some others :p I think this one makes anime of the year for me XD

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 10:19 pm

green0star wrote:
Oh I didn't see there was an anime topic :o I actually just posted a topic about the anime Cells at Work since I am watching it this season along with some others :p I think this one makes anime of the year for me XD

I am enjoying Cells at Work also, I particularly like some of its dark humour mixed with cute.

At the same time, for this year nothing has yet for me managed to beat A Place Further Than the Universe. I am looking since it was in the first quarter of the year, and I fear some people may miss it when eventually deciding what they think was best for the year. Taste is still personal, not going to force everyone to like the same thing, but I think it was something that was a little under watched.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 10:36 pm

Outside of my absolute favorite animes, the best anime so far from this year is Lupin The 3rd Part 5.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 4:39 pm

I watched Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and really enjoyed it. I got 17 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion watched [in Japanese], but that's all I could find on Youtube. I watched Haruhi Suzumiya ages ago, and loved it, and a day or so ago I watched the movie, and liked it very much. Now which to watch--Ah My Goddess or Princess Tutu [provided I can find them]...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 6:28 pm

For me if I can't get ahold of an anime on crunchyroll or somewhere safe I go to my local library and watch them there. Keeps my computer from being corrupted.

samuelR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Sep 2018, 2:37 pm

I'm a huge fan of anime

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:45 pm

v v v v v

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 6:30 pm

Who are you, and what have you done with Kip?