Page 85 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 93  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:18 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 8:40 pm

I know it's not actually anime...

But I'm watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really like it.

On a side note, I'd like to watch Oh My Goddess sometime. It looks like my kind of show.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 3:44 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I know it's not actually anime...

But I'm watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really like it.

I liked the show but the ending felt kind of rushed. We never even got to see Zuko reunite with his mother. :|

My favorite episode was "The Beach", the one that focused on the four 'villains' Zuko, Azula, Ty Lee, and Mai having a vacation on a beautiful island. It was a nice reminder that these characters were actually still kids just like the heroes and that they were all dealing with the same kind of personal family problems that all real teenagers deal with.

I especially loved the fact that we got to see a glimpse of Azula's insecurities because up until that point she always came across as a ruthless calculating sociopath of a warrior. In fact this was the only episode where she acted like a real sister to Zuko and not like some scheming manipulator trying to ruin him.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 5:27 am

All the villain songs from Mermaid Melody (because I can :P)

Seriously the bad guys sing so much cooler than the good guys in this show. 8) That's why I didn't bother to post the hero's songs. :P

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 3:54 am

I thought that I probably at some point have talked some more about one of the biggest shows being released, Zombie Land Saga, which has been great. It has been especially funny. And I thought that I maybe should mention why it has been such a big talking point for the last week from writing this. In particular it has been around a specific character of the show, Lily, who did not really get a lot of attention for most of its run, but episode 8 kind of changed everything.

Generally she has not really been anything too crazy about the character, except that she was the youngest of the group and such. But getting some of her background we learned a bit about her past, which had some sweet but perhaps tragic aspects to her relationship with her, before we got the following part of the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Fu0n4CRik

I don't want to just imbed the video in this post, because straight away it could act as a spoiler, to someone who might want to watch the show without seeing what this clip was. But it has got the anime fandom talking, especially as representation of something that anime hardly ever gives a really good image of. In ways, it has made the parts of the English fandom using a particular word, that is in way sort of widespread, but has more and more had members of the minority group informing people that it is not a good word, and has real world problems. I am really happy with how much finesse Zombie Land Saga showed, that the character was handled so well, and I hope this could bring more acceptance within the anime community. I will be more clearer in the bellow spoiler, if one does not want to watch the video, and the vagueness was not enough.

Spoiler wrote:
What happened, was one of the girls came out that she used to have a male name, in turn that she was born male, but she says that it is not who she is anymore. Pretty much that she is a trans girl, that regardless of who she was, or how one character put it of what is between her legs, she is one of the girls. Problems in the fandom have been that certain portion of the fandom call her a "trap", and don't understand how offensive the term is, how it can lead to real world violence with trans women. They pretty much started referring to Lily as a "he", that she is a boy and all that. Many have gone to saying the translators at Crunchyroll changed the original words, despite the fact Japanese is practically more explicit with it, that Lily sees herself as a boy.

For an added bit, I want to link a recent video that was made in response to this from ThePedanticRomantic, a YouTuber that I have been a fan of for a while, with some quality work, some of which has been on the more social side lately. I totally recommend giving it a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxeB2AXIG3E

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

I've been watching Zombieland Saga too. It's fun, although I found the CG animations disappointing. They look absolutely terrible and they're used for what should be the show's money shots. They're so bad that I have the suspicion that the animation was unfinished and it might be polished up for future release.

This isn't really anime, but I've been enjoying some light novels. Some are things I've already consumed in another format, such as Toradora!, My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, As I Expected, and No Game No Life. But most recently I've been reading through The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria, which I'm two books into. Even though I'm already familiar with many of these, I'm liking that there's a lot more detail beyond what an anime usually covers, and they're also much more convenient for me to consume - I can read them when I have spare minutes on breaks at work for example compared to feeling like I need a large chunk of time to sit and watch a show. And they're really cheap, at least compared to a manga, which can have a single arc stretch over several volumes.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2018, 5:01 pm

Yeah. I'm an otaku (anime fan).
My favorite anime series are the following
-Pokemon Indigo League
-Bakugan Battle Brawlers
-Hoshi No Kaabii
-Naruto Shippuden
-Elfen Lied
-Madoka Magica
-Cardfight Vanguard G
-Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
-Naruto
-Watamote
-Lucky Star

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2018, 8:48 am

I started a new anime this week called No.6, it’s a short series, only 11 episodes and I recommend watching it.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:21 am

Another villain song from Mermaid Melody I forgot about.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 12:11 pm

I never did go beyond Episode 17 of Neon Gen Eva. I didn't want to be depressed.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 7:11 pm

This is a wall in my house.

I also have posters from Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I haven't been watching anime much recently, mostly just Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. I got a bit bored of the slime isekai and the zombie idol anime. But I've been reading a fair bit of light novels: The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria; My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, As I Expected; I Want To Eat Your Pancreas; and Spice and Wolf. I loved I Want To Eat Your Pancreas and want to watch the film if I can, and I'd like to see the Spice and Wolf anime too at some point in the future - perhaps not so soon after reading the books though.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:27 am

Anyone else watched Hi Score Girl? it's a very emotional show at time.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:14 pm

I've made a list of anime to watch:

...I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Violet Evergarden
Princess Tutu
Madoka [maybe]
Spice and Wolf
Cowboy Bebop
Steins; Gate
Land of the Lustrous
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Bloom into You
Oh My Goddess
The Promised Neverland
Fruits Basket reboot
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2
A Silent Voice
Kamisama Kiss
One Punch Man

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 3:06 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I've made a list of anime to watch:

...I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Violet Evergarden
Princess Tutu
Madoka [maybe]
Spice and Wolf
Cowboy Bebop
Steins; Gate
Land of the Lustrous
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Bloom into You
Oh My Goddess
The Promised Neverland
Fruits Basket reboot
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2
A Silent Voice
Kamisama Kiss
One Punch Man

Would be nice to see a second season of Dragon Maid. Don't know if there will be one.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:52 am

^I read that season 2 is going to air in April.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:01 am

Wonder where you read that, I don't see that anywhere and myanimelist doesn't have a sequel listed.