Page 69 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 2:11 pm

I haven't watched any of Kobato yet. I'm sorry. :(

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2017, 2:18 pm

Recently finished Steins Gate and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Both good, but I liked Steins Gate a bit better. But they are very different though.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 3:00 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I haven't watched any of Kobato yet. I'm sorry. :(

No worries. I haven't watched any more, myself. I just haven't felt like watching fiction.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 4:38 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews, Brad!

It is maybe 1/3 of what I did watch, and just some more notable ones.
My Hero Academia season 2 was also pretty strong.
Love and Lies peppered out a bit towards the end, but was still pretty good most of the time.
18if was pretty bad most of the time, but as an anthology it had some pretty standout episodes that were noteworthy.

For shows not finished include Magical Circle Guru Guru, which is particularly funny, in a way that feels aimed at children, but is also fun for adults.
And Welcome to the Ballroom has gotten quite a bit of negative attention for bad female characters and or the way it treats them, but its second half seems to be changing that.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:14 pm

I watched the fifth Digimon Adventure Tri movie. I liked it, though a lot of people didn't. Then again, a lot of people don't seem to like much of anything these days.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:57 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I watched the fifth Digimon Adventure Tri movie. I liked it, though a lot of people didn't. Then again, a lot of people don't seem to like much of anything these days.

I think it more digimon than people not liking anything.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:49 pm

I'm considering watching Kanon again. It occurred to me not that long ago that Ayu behaves the way she is because

Spoiler wrote:
she's effectively a ten year old in a seventeen year old's body.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 11:05 am

I recently finished watching Ranma 1/2, and now I am currently watching Cutey Honey.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:57 am

I might watch Persona 4 the Animation.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm

Has anyone else seen Ringing Bell? It's a...kids' movie (?) from 1978 that's on Crunchyroll, dubbed and subtitled. I'd recommend going into it blind if you haven't heard about it; I only knew a little bit, but it was nowhere near what I was expecting. Both the English and Japanese music is really good.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 3:30 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
I recently finished watching Ranma 1/2, and now I am currently watching Cutey Honey.

I have now finished Cutey Honey, I might start watching Galaxy Express 999.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 6:59 pm

I haven't watched much anime lately, apart from listening to my favourite soundtracks.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2017, 1:57 pm

Welcome to the NHK! has been...an experience so far. 10 episodes in. Hard to watch sometimes (mainly because of the "oh god, that's me") feeling, but very good.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 4:38 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
Welcome to the NHK! has been...an experience so far. 10 episodes in. Hard to watch sometimes (mainly because of the "oh god, that's me") feeling, but very good.

I keep avoiding it for the same reason.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 5:10 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Nekomonster wrote:

I keep avoiding it for the same reason.

I have watched a lot of it and personally it's not bad in that way.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 5:41 pm

Nekomonster wrote:

I feel similarly about Watamote, but kind of more positively in laughing that I was not alone.

Oh, it reminds me of a current show which is one of my favourites at the moment, Recovery of an MMO Junkie. It is about a 30 year old woman who quit her job due to stress or some sort of build up of difficulties she has, and becomes a NEET who plays a MMO all the time. It is actually really sweet and the main character feels really relatable. It has so far been my pick of the season.