Page 76 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm

I actually have some beautiful Madoka fan art on my computer, even though I've never watched the series. [I do know all of the spoilers, though, unfortunately.]

I'll watch the first two episodes, but I have no desire to

Spoiler wrote:
watch a girl get graphically murdered,
so i'll skip episode 3.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 12:42 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Spoiler wrote:
so i'll skip episode 3.

I would not recommend that, it is rather important in context for various things. Fast forward it maybe, but there some things in the episode that are important. If you are expecting it, like you know beforehand, it should not really be that much of a problem. You really don’t see that is really bad, honestly it goes by a rule of not showing things.

Honestly, that is like the worst of it, that would probably mostly cause a problem if you did not see it coming. And I think it is totally made up with it later by Bebe, who is just the cutest, in the third movie.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 9:56 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Spoiler wrote:
so i'll skip episode 3.

I would say that that description of what happens isn't remotely close to what happens in the series. I think you've probably been listening too much to the overstated ramblings of the internet, who always feel the need to crank up the hyperbole to 11.

For me when I first saw the scene you're referring to, I just kept on watching interested in how the show would continue to unfold. It was only afterwards seeing other people's reactions that I realised it would surprise anyone, and from there it became this overblown meme to talk about how 'disturbing' the show is, just like how Clannad will apparently give you depression for the rest of your life, or Muv-Luv will give you PTSD.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:11 pm

So watching that isn't disturbing? It sounds so to me. But, then, to each their own.

I skipped the two 'depression-causing' Clannad episodes, partially because I already knew what happened, and also because I'm highly sensitive to sad things. [As to why I ended up not only reading but also collecting all of the Claymore volumes, I'll never know.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:33 am

That's... what... I don't even...

I don't know why anyone would watch Clannad and then skip the climactic moments.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:18 am

I'm sorry. It's just the way I am.

To be clearer, I watched After Story Episode 16 up until the last few minutes, and did the same with After Story Episode 21. I did the same with the last episode of AIR, but watched all of Kanon, Little Busters, Angel Beats, and Charlotte.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 2:32 pm

On the subject of Madoka Magica, the violence/gore level was tame enough a children's channel in Australia ran through the show in primetime multiple times uncut with no complaints.

(Said kids' channel also showed Sword Art Online but did make some edits. I watched one episode on their site which had quite a jarring sudden scene cut for violence.)

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:31 pm

Well that should be unsurprising. Like I said, the impact of Madoka Magica is ridiculously overstated. There is far more 'gore' and impact in the children's cartoons I watched growing up. There's nothing in Madoka Magica that comes close to anything in Watership Down, The Animals of Farthing Wood or The Plague Dogs.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 4:23 pm

We're all guilty of this at some point: stating our own opinions as if they are the 'true' opinions and the only opinions that matter. I certainly have, and then I feel guilty afterwards. I do try to be careful not to, but who hasn't slipped up in that regard? I at least try to just avoid the things I dislike instead of complaining about them, but the way the internet is, I'm often hesitant to express my appreciation and excitement of the things I like, not knowing if someone might start ranting about how bad they are.
Anyway, none of this really has anything to do with anything. My apologies.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm

Watching Inuyashiki. As much as I like the show so far, I can't help but notice it's from the writer of Gantz, who seems really bad at writing characters who are "neutral", or just normal people who sometimes make bad decisions. The main character in Inuyashiki is the nicest person who's ever lived, while pretty much everyone else is just evil.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:07 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
(Said kids' channel also showed Sword Art Online but did make some edits. I watched one episode on their site which had quite a jarring sudden scene cut for violence.)

Oh, dear Lord, that dreaded SAO anime should NOT be a freaking kids show! :skull: 8O :x

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:09 pm

Nekomonster wrote:

Oh, dear Lord, that dreaded SAO anime should NOT be a freaking kids show! Like, AT ALL!! :skull: 8O :x

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 3:50 pm

^Nor was Digimon Tamers, but apparently the dubbing team's radar was turned off and none of the decidedly un-kid friendly content was changed.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 4:48 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Oh, dear Lord, that dreaded SAO anime should NOT be a freaking kids show! Like, AT ALL!! :skull: 8O :x

I don't see why not, as long as at a proper time and slight changes. The vast majority of the show is not so bad. I have even talked to someone I work with who said that her 9 year old daughter is a fan of the series.

I don't know why it is quite dreaded. Except I guess a couple sexual assault scenes in the second arc.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:17 pm

I've watched SAO 2, and let me tell you, I can't stand people who cuss like sailors when playing video games, especially the main characters who said the 'S' word (and the 'f' word too, but I might have misheard). I think whoever did the voices and the directors might have watched too much youtube videos, like PewDiePie, :roll:, and not really know every single gamer. (I mean, I'm a video gamer, but I NEVER cuss.)

I've played some MMORPG games, like Runescape and SWTOR, that included a profanity filter feature that blocks out strong foul language down to 'hell', 'damn', and 'crap'. If they do have those features in the anime, they would have their speech make a BLEEPing sound like in some sitcoms and 'reality shows'.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:56 pm

I'm thinking of watching Ai Yori Aoshi, since I found the subbed version on Youtube. To those who have watched it, what's it like?