Page 58 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 93  Next

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:15 pm

It's set in the late 1800s I believe. Kenshin (also known as hitokiri battousai) is a former assassin who protects the people of Japan (as atonement) and vows not to take another life.

I only saw the original anime series, and the manga ended about a year after that. They apparently have several movies and the live action movie is part of a trilogy. o.O I'm not sure I want to see them but it's interesting to know.

That was the first period anime I'd ever seen, and the only other one I saw was Samurai Deeper Kyo which I loved also. :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:18 pm

That's interesting. I'll look it up and see if I like it. :mrgreen:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:57 pm

Hmm let's see, you like female cast anime right? Have you ever seen Lucky Star or Haruhi Suzumiya? I loved Lucky Star but I couldn't finish Haruhi Suzumiya. She annoyed me. :| I don't even remember why.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:04 pm

I've never heard of Lucky Star, but Haruhi Suzumiya is on my To Watch list.
Um...maybe because she's easy to interpret as a sociopath?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2017, 10:40 pm

I just started Nichijou. It's very funny - I love Kyoto Animation's Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, so I was looking for something along those lines with the same type of humor/slice-of-life and lovable characters.

I absolutely love Yuuko. :D

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 12:07 am

Nekomonster wrote:
I just started Nichijou. It's very funny - I love Kyoto Animation's Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, so I was looking for something along those lines with the same type of humor/slice-of-life and lovable characters.

Yeah, it is a sort of everyday bits, but with crazy aspects appearing through every so often. Nichijou has been something I would just re-watch separate skits every so often because they worked well by themselves.

I might offer some recommendations I think of as somewhat similar that I occasionally just watch clips from.
Like Daily Lives of High School Boys, it is quite funny how it plays up the everyday aspects and then the humour that comes out of left field.

And the other, D-Frag, which has a surprisingly funny way at keeping itself grounded, yet playing around with a bunch of over the top jokes that might otherwise show up in anime.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2017, 8:38 am

I am. My favorite would have to be cowboy beebop. I also had a friend of mine pirate the entire full Metal alchemist series. Right now I'm in the middle of watching Erased, and durarara 2.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid? Is that relatively new?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 3:57 pm

I need to watch through both Durararas, until then there's the Blame manga in my mandatory reading.
https://goo.gl/images/jumr7L

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:28 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid? Is that relatively new?

Yep, it started coming out at the beginning of the year, currently the most recent Kyoto Animation anime (Clannad, kanon, Air, Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Nichijou), and it has to be one of the better shows they have recently done, one of the best of the year so far. It is funny, cute, knows how to use its animation style, and it is actually reasonably smart with its stories at having some heart to them.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm

^Oh, good! I'll add it to my watch list and see if I like it! :mrgreen:

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm

Nichijou is one of the best in random comedy along with Azumanga Daioh. Compared to these two Lucky Star for me is very unoriginal with not as natural characters.

Another favorite of mine is Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

I'm nearly done Clannad [the visual novel], with just a bit more until 100% completion. Then I'll watch the anime all over again.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:49 am

I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day but can't find any good ones to watch nowadays. My favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Wolfs Rain and Revolutionary Girl Utena, though they're pretty old..

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 6:01 pm

^I tried to watch Wolf's Rain, but it was a bit too depressing.

celestialwolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2017, 6:47 pm

I consider myself a fan of anime. Although it comes in phases as i can go a long time without watching any anime then watch a bunch in a short amount of time.