Page 64 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 93  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:23 pm

Nyanpasu!

I was sure that there was something I could relate to with Japanese rednecks, like something I saw recently, and I think it would be Sakura Quest, which has the setting of some girls having the job to revitalise a small Japanese town, it has been quite fun. And I am pretty sure one of the characters has some form of autism, she has had a hard time by being somewhat bullied or called a problem because of her uncommon interest. It has especially a really nice scene in regards to helping this.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:25 pm

I think I'll watch Saiunkoku Monogatari next.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

Non Non Biyori forever.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:06 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
This interaction shows one way your obsessions interfere with relating to people. You have an ax to grind, and because you keep thinking about it, you bring it up in the context of all kinds of other discussions. When not on this topic, you have some interesting things to say.

Also, you don't know me. How can you assume an autistic guy could grow up in small town Texas during the 70s and 80s and not know a thing or two about being bullied? Oh, it fits your narrative. I'll say it again: Watamote.

I had to do it to survive because I had an older brother who would shoot down anything I had to say. It was ok for him to espouse his viewpoints but if I did I had a fight on my hands. The same thing happened in school. I even lost my passion for anime for a long time because I kept getting told it sucked and I wasn't "cool" if I liked it. Other kids who liked it were made fun of as well.

Why do you defend rednecks so much if even you were bullied by them?

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2017, 9:49 pm

I finished Sword Art Online Abridged recently, extremely funny. The part in episode 7 about smashing babies together to test their durability had me laughing uncontrollably. After watching a video about it by Digibro I've decided my next anime will be Mob Psycho 100.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm

Marknis wrote:
Why do you defend rednecks so much if even you were bullied by them?

I dispute your characterization, I wasn't bullied by all rednecks, and I got over it.

I'm currently watching Kobato. I'm running out of CLAMP. Not sure what to watch next. Maybe I'll finish His And Her Circumstances. I think I got distracted by something else, rather than stopping deliberately.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 12:09 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I dispute your characterization, I wasn't bullied by all rednecks, and I got over it.

My favorite uncle lived in the country and on a farm to boot but I would never consider him dumb. The ones who harmed me were not hard workers but lazy trailer thugs.

I just ordered the first limited edition set of My Hero Academia from Right Stuf since their birthday sale cut its price in half.

CzigBot

29 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

Finished Mob Psycho 100 a while ago, finished Planetarian last night which was also on recommendation from Digibro. I liked both of them. Mob Psycho 100 was fun to watch as I'd expect of something from ONE, Planetarian had a nice contrast between a cute sentient android and a destroyed city full of mindless killer robots. The ending was sad but not enough to make me cry.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 1:17 am

Halfway into the current season, so I thought that I might give any major updates.

Made in Abyss I think is doing alright, although apparently some people are less enjoying the sort of slow down they have had where a lot of ground was covered, and now it is a little more atmospheric.

Princess Principal Might be the most consistently good anime of the season, it both looks good, and sounds good with Yuki Kajiura of .hack, Sword Art Online, and Madoka music fame. It has been playing a bit of a trick with it's episode chronological order, but it feels like it has been used in an interesting way to balance intrigue and character chemistry.

Gamers! has been one of the surprises of the season, where one would think it would be towards the bottom of the barrel of anime, like a sort of lame school club thing, but instead it has been surprisingly smart and doing things one might not expect, and has been very balanced with the cast, and representing a lot of what gamers care about. As well as being quite funny.

Magical Circle Guru Guru is a remake of an older series, with a sort of retro looking style, and although its very child aimed like nature, it is surprisingly funny with its style of making fun of old JRPGs, and so many jokes that there is almost guaranteed to be something you will find hilarious.

Tsurezure Children has also been a surprise of the season, of only being a half length show, but being surprisingly good with its take of having half a dozen or so different couples that allow the show to do different things with romance, often ending up very funny.

DiogoGomes1995
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2017, 6:34 am

I'm a aspie from Portugal and i have been into anime since childhood, and i still watch anime shows to this day.

I'm also a casual "multi-genre" anime fan. Meaning that i watch literally any genres of animes that i could think of, no matter what it is. Because i'm very curious, interested and even open-minded to see what anime shows are there to give a shot and whether or not i should continue to follow them. Although i prefer to wait for a anime to finish it's run or if there are more episodes enough to watch.

I, personaly liked most of the animes like Naruto for instance, but if i have to think of my personal favourites as of now, there are:

-Dragon Ball & Z
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventures (2012)
-Cardcaptor Sakura
-Digimon Adventure & Tamers
-Captain Tsubasa
-Death Note
-My Hero Academia (I'll eventually look forward into the second season)
-Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
-Spice And Wolf (I'm in the middle of S&W II)
-Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
-Kochikame
-Doraemon (1979)

Maybe there are a few more that i could think of, but this is just the list of animes that i remember watching the most.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 5:33 pm

I'm really looking forward to the next Digimon Tri movie.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LaurenLissa

18 Aug 2017, 10:55 pm

It's absolutely ridiculous, but I just started watching Death Note last month, even though I've been watching anime pretty regularly for the last 19 years of my life! I'm almost done, and I have to say that it's pretty good... a little over-the-top, but good.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:50 am

^I've watched anime for a lot of my life but I've never watched Death Note.

LaurenLissa

19 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Once I get to the end, I'll let you know if I recommend it or not. It's kind of fun watching these shows after all the hype is gone. I think it gives me a more balanced perspective!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:53 pm

I like the original Sailor Moon a lot, it was probably the best anime I have ever seen so far! :D

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:47 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

I haven't either. There's always something else I want to watch or read over it and it'll probably stay that way.

I saw Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry at the Alamo Drafthouse yesterday. Fairy Tail's a guilty pleasure for me and the film was overall pretty fun. It also ties in with the manga's ending which I will get around to eventually.