Page 74 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 93  Next

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2017, 4:17 pm

I've had some different changes in anime recently, but I have been enjoying them over the past year.

I finished watching Samurai Champloo a while ago, and that is one of the best ones I have seen. Everything was amazing, from the characters to the episodes and especially the soundtrack, that was totally magnificent, especially done by great producers in the music market. It was a great watch and really memorable.

I am now watching Cowboy Bebop, which I am near the end, but that has been a great watch too, since bounty hunters adventures and jazz/blues music mix really well together and make a great effect. It has also been memorable to look into the backstories of the characters, it has been done really well :)

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:00 pm

New animes I am really enjoying from the winter season are Mitsuboshi Colors and Hakumei to Mikochi. Colors being contemporary slice of life and Miochi being fantastical slice of life. Both wonderful.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:20 pm

I just bought the complete series of the Persona 4 anime on Blue-Ray today. :mrgreen:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:07 pm

thewrll wrote:
New animes I am really enjoying from the winter season are Mitsuboshi Colors and Hakumei to Mikochi. Colors being contemporary slice of life and Miochi being fantastical slice of life. Both wonderful.

The season has really only just started, but it has looked like this is a really strong season for slice of life or cute shows. Colors as you mentioned, it has so far been really good of putting one in the headspace of being kids who's games of pretend can feel really important, and makes itself really funny.

One that is also getting attention is A Place Further Than The Universe, which seems to be taking its story fairly seriously about a group of school girls who plan to go to Antarctica.

Laid Back Camp seems pretty good if you are familiar with camping.

DamePri Anime Caravan with one episode has been one I am most excited with, and a reverse harem anime at that.

Violet Evergarden is the current KyoAni anime, which could either mean something that could turn out amazing, or maybe a slight disappointment.

And there is the new Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, which has so far been pretty good, and an interesting choice for me who watched the show as a kid, it being generally a continuation from that (although modern phones).

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 3:32 pm

Update on anime/anime films I have finished (that I can remember):

• To Heart
• The Slayers
• Dirty Pair
• Nausicaä: Valley of the Wind
• Kiki's Delivery Service
• Grave of the Fireflies
• My Neighbor Totoro
• Princess Mononoke
• 1+2 = Paradise
• Girls Bravo
• Maze
• Mayo Chiki
• Love Hina
• Golden Boy

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 8:16 am

Episode 2 of Violet Evergarden really felt like something. Specifically it made me think of trouble with understanding empathy that those on the spectrum can experience. That one could be accused of being rude or heartless, but stems from just an inability to understand what others might find easy, and even if not shown the same way, there is emotion there.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm

I'm making my way through the Evangelion TV series for the first time. I really like the show so far (on episode 10); I just wish we could spend more time with Rei.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Jan 2018, 6:31 pm

I saw Dagashi Kashi's second season, ongoing as of this message. The animation quality has taken a step back, but the enjoyment of the series has not, though. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 9:40 am

I feel like I fall further and further behind with every new round of seasonal anime. It's hard to keep up with everybody else when my backlog is so huge.

I can't remember if I've posted about these shows or not, but I'll mention them anyway (I own all of them on Steam, and I've seen at least a few episodes of each, except for Love Live):

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Kemono Friends

Love Live! School Idol Project

Gabriel Dropout

I also plan to buy Hinako Note (also on Steam) in a couple of days.

I also own Re:Zero (also on Steam) since I'm typically into darker/edgier anime, but lately I've been in the mood for more lighthearted/cutesy stuff since both world events and personal family stuff have been getting me down lately.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

IdahoRose wrote:

Kemono Friends

Two of my favorite series from last year. :D

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 10:59 am

IdahoRose wrote:

I really loved that series as well! :D

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 11:57 am

Why would you buy anime on Steam? It seems to be the worst platform by far, with extremely limited platform support. I'd get annoyed not being able to watch things I supposedly 'own' on my TV or mobile.

I am currently watching a few shows, including The Ancient Magus' Bride, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, and older shows such as Gundam 00 and Cardcaptor Sakura.

The first Code Geass movie comes out next week here so I'll also be seeing that. I've already seen the original series but the third season will be based on the movies and there's some changes so I'll be interested to see them.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 12:49 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Why would you buy anime on Steam? It seems to be the worst platform by far, with extremely limited platform support. I'd get annoyed not being able to watch things I supposedly 'own' on my TV or mobile.

3 reasons:

1) Anime on steam costs a fraction of the price it does on DVD or BluRay. For example, I was able to buy both seasons of Love Live! School Idol Project (26 episodes total) + the movie in a bundle on Steam for about $24 USD. Meanwhile Funimation is only selling the 1st season of Love Live Sunshine! (13 episodes) and it costs about $60 USD for the DVD, and even more for the BluRay.

2) Steam has series that haven't been released on DVD in the US yet, like the aforementioned Love Live! School Idol Project series, Re:Zero, Kemono Friends, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, etc.

3) I love my desktop PC, it's my preferred device for anime viewing. Also, my monitor is actually a small flat-screen TV because I have severe eyesight problems.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 1:45 pm

All true, I suppose I wasn't even thinking of physical media. You could after all watch it all on a dedicated streaming platform for a fraction of the price and get a lot more value.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 12:21 am

Toru and I eat paper books also.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 4:20 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
All true, I suppose I wasn't even thinking of physical media. You could after all watch it all on a dedicated streaming platform for a fraction of the price and get a lot more value.

I've tried online anime streaming services but I always feel so guilty about subscribing to them to the point of having panic attacks. I feel bad because I'm the only person in my house who watches anime, and I don't really watch it often enough to warrant a subscription. On the other hand, I always feel a sense of peace and happiness whenever I purchase a series, whether it be on Steam or on DVD (I'm able to afford DVDs when I buy them used from Amazon).

For some reason my brain thinks that buying a series = good and streaming = bad. I realize that that's kind of irrational thinking, but I have panic disorder and OCD so I'm used to my emotions running roughshod over logic and common sense.