Page 49 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 93  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 1:15 am

@Bradleigh

I agree with you about Monster Musume, it was really interesting in the way that it depicted lifestyles of different monster girls. My favorite thing about Monster Musume - besides its unique premise and character designs - is the fact that, to my pleasant surprise, none of the girls felt like they had a stereotypical personality (for example there was no tsundere, no kuudere, no yandere, etc.) Not that I am against those tropes, but it was refreshing to see actual personalities develop in spite of the high amount of fanservice. (Which, if I'm being honest, I actually enjoyed quite a bit myself. When it comes to my love for anime characters, gender doesn't matter.) After thinking about it for quite a while, I have to say that Miia is my favorite. However Rachnera is a close second, which makes sense when you think about how much I like Diabolik Lovers.

I don't blame you for not being into Diabolik Lovers. It's definitely not everybody's cup of tea. It's interesting that you mentioned Amnesia and Dance with Devils. I heard they were similar to DL so I checked them out. I forgot to mention in earlier posts that I finished Amnesia too. I enjoyed it and plan to watch it again in the future. Funny enough, my favorite guy was the craziest guy (Ukyo).

Speaking of crazy characters, yet another anime that I finished and that I thoroughly enjoyed was Elfen Lied. It's probably my favorite anime of all time, and its theme of people being cruel towards those who are different to them arguably resonates more strongly today than it did at the time of its initial release. It definitely caused me to rethink how I view and treat other people, even though in general I have an almost complete lack of empathy.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 2:36 am

Oh, despite in ways I have thought of before that Amnesia was something I thought of as not good, I strangely keep coming back to thinking about. Maybe not the intended way, but it was entertaining when it did things that other shows would not, like Ukyo acts at the ends of arcs. There was actually an OVA that came out that was none of the romantic stuff, and I actually found it really good in a non-ironic way. But those sort of shows tend to have something that makes me burst out laughing, like the dogs in Dance with Devils, a musical bit that feels like the show is not taking itself seriously.

I can like them in a sort of ironic way, but I don’t want to downplay how others might like them in another way, I have a fair share of reverse harems I like, such as Yona of the Dawn, Kamigami no Asobi, and Kiss Him not Me. And to some degree I could even make some agreeance on gender not mattering for the character liking, I have a bit of habit of liking the male choice amongst harems, the ones I can consider cute despite them saying they are a boy and the like. Or there is a bit in Monthly Shoujo Nozaki-kun where they pick out best “girl”.

Back on Monster Musume, Miia was great because she did not dance around what she wanted, and her difficulties were one of the bigger highlights. She sees the others as rivals, sure, but she is also their friend. Rachnera is also popular because I think she comes across as a very strong character which has no illusions to the kind of harsh nature, but she also has a clear big soft spot where she cares about others and probably comes from being quite observant. There was a pretty good OVA recently which highlighted Rachnera’s experience with her previous hosts.

I have a bit of a soft stomach for certain things, the idea of things like death games and like for young children really turns my stomach. And from what I know about Elfen Lied, I would probably have a hard time with it. I have seen different parts of it, like something horrible with a dog.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 2:52 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Oh, despite in ways I have thought of before that Amnesia was something I thought of as not good, I strangely keep coming back to thinking about. Maybe not the intended way, but it was entertaining when it did things that other shows would not, like Ukyo acts at the ends of arcs. There was actually an OVA that came out that was none of the romantic stuff, and I actually found it really good in a non-ironic way. But those sort of shows tend to have something that makes me burst out laughing, like the dogs in Dance with Devils, a musical bit that feels like the show is not taking itself seriously.

I can like them in a sort of ironic way, but I don’t want to downplay how others might like them in another way, I have a fair share of reverse harems I like, such as Yona of the Dawn, Kamigami no Asobi, and Kiss Him not Me. And to some degree I could even make some agreeance on gender not mattering for the character liking, I have a bit of habit of liking the male choice amongst harems, the ones I can consider cute despite them saying they are a boy and the like. Or there is a bit in Monthly Shoujo Nozaki-kun where they pick out best “girl”.

Back on Monster Musume, Miia was great because she did not dance around what she wanted, and her difficulties were one of the bigger highlights. She sees the others as rivals, sure, but she is also their friend. Rachnera is also popular because I think she comes across as a very strong character which has no illusions to the kind of harsh nature, but she also has a clear big soft spot where she cares about others and probably comes from being quite observant. There was a pretty good OVA recently which highlighted Rachnera’s experience with her previous hosts.

I have a bit of a soft stomach for certain things, the idea of things like death games and like for young children really turns my stomach. And from what I know about Elfen Lied, I would probably have a hard time with it. I have seen different parts of it, like something horrible with a dog.

Yeah I hope Monster Musume gets a second season. Kimihito is one of the nicest characters in recent memory outside of Seiji. The uncensored version is the best version and that bdsm scene was lovely. Never piss off Rachnera.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 3:39 pm

thewrll wrote:
Yeah I hope Monster Musume gets a second season. Kimihito is one of the nicest characters in recent memory outside of Seiji. The uncensored version is the best version and that bdsm scene was lovely. Never piss off Rachnera.

There's an uncensored version? Hope that that gets released in the US sometime (IIRC, Monster Musume is being released on DVD in the US in late July.)

Yeah the bdsm scenes were pretty great. Gotta love Rach-nee :mrgreen:

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:25 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
thewrll wrote:

There's an uncensored version? Hope that that gets released in the US sometime (IIRC, Monster Musume is being released on DVD in the US in late July.)

Yeah the bdsm scenes were pretty great. Gotta love Rach-nee :mrgreen:

I watched it on sites that may contain viruses. It would have to be on dvd/blu-ray for it to be uncensored.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:29 pm

Speaking of MonMusu, today I ordered several volumes of the spinoff series "I :heart: Monster Girls", which basically boil down to slice of life doujinshi. I've heard mostly positive things about it, except for one reviewer who complained that some details ran contrary to canon. But that's to be expected considering that the stories aren't made by Okayado-sensei himself. Anyway, I find that I really enjoy slice of life stuff as long as it contains characters that I'm already familiar with. For example Mikubon does this with Vocaloid characters, and Attack on Titan: Junior High is self-explanatory. (For the record, I enjoyed both of those very much.)

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2017, 10:16 pm

I saw one I really liked the other day but I forget what it was called

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 11:15 pm

MonMu worked for me. I like a likeable protagonist in my harem comedies, and it had good storytelling.

I have several more I'd like to watch again. I'm many seasons behind. Is there more Gate? Or more coming?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 11:40 pm

There is a second season of Gate if you have not seen it, otherwise I have not really heard of much more. Not sure if you would consider it similar, but there is this current airing show called Re:Creators where anime and other types of fictional characters have appeared in real life, which I have kind of thought as being a bit similar.

@ Diamondisis
If you describe it I might be able to figure out what it might be?

sidenote: Really like the Espurr avatar, IdahoRose, it is one of my favourite Pokémon. Meowstic being my #1.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 11:59 pm

People seemed hopeful for a third season. Sentai licensed it, so maybe the DVD is out by now. At least it wasn't Aniplex. I don't buy at their prices or on their schedule.

For the record, I would definitely buy the light novels of Gate.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 1:50 pm

Brad what you do you think of a Netorare based Yuri anime? So looking forward to more New Games episodes.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 1:51 pm

thewrll wrote:
Brad what you do you think of a Netorare based Yuri anime? So looking forward to more New Game episodes.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:03 pm

I don't quite know what "Netore" is. Looking up it seems to be a genre where a heroine has a significant other, but then cheats on them. That sounds a bit full on in ways, my poor pure heart might not be able to handle things like that too much, although I think that I have read some doujinshi but I enjoy those in a different way. There was an anime in the previous season called Scum's Wish, which I think had similar elements, and it did have some yuri of the heroine with a female character, I kind of liked it, but in a sort of dark way that it was meant to be fighting dark feelings.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:04 pm

Could someone tell me what animes these pictures are from [or maybe at least a couple]?

The first one is from 5 Centimeters Per Second, and two near the middle and end looks like Hideki and Chii from Chobits. The rest I have no idea. Are some of them just random?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:51 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Could someone tell me what animes these pictures are from [or maybe at least a couple]?

My guess would be that most of them are from Visual novels, those are games which tend to have still images which have text of a story where the image may change between lines, and often different routes. They are pretty common as source material of anime, although I don't recognise most of them, it is fairly common for even the art style of a visual novel to change when it gets animated. Although I think I recognise the one at 4:14, the couple in front of the fountain, seems to be from Kanon.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 9:31 pm

You might want to watch this.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: