Page 57 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 11:15 am

BrokenPieces: Claymore is a dark, action-oriented all-female cast [except for four notable male characters] about female slayers [Claymores] who fight monsters called Yoma. The Claymores themselves were implanted with Yoma flesh to give them super strength, but using their powers causes them to become more and more monster-like. There's amazing twists and turns in the story, both heartwarming and heart-breaking events, and some really interesting characters. It's my favourite manga after Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:40 pm

Bradleigh: Sounds interesting. Maybe I'll add it to my list.

Kuraudo: I might check it out. I'm not normally a fan of all female cast anime but it sounds interesting enough to hold my attention. :D I never got into Tsubasa but I did like Cardcaptor Sakura. Eriol was my favorite. :heart: I remember saying when I was like 12, "I love him, he's such a jerk." :lol:

Has anyone seen Katekyo Hitman Reborn? It's kind of long (over 200 eps) but the plot seems interesting.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:44 pm

Here's the link for Claymore:
http://www.mangareader.net/claymore/1

Be warned: blood, violence, nudity, and some really uncanny/frighting monsters within. It also contains subtle and not so subtle lesbian subtext, including one of the greatest [in my opinion] tragic love stories that doesn't involve romance.

As I said, the anime is an unsatisfying mess, but I certainly don't want to force you to read the manga if you don't want to. The only good thing about the anime in my opinion is the Japanese voice cast and the music:

Maybe I'm just bias because the manga is so awesome.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:54 pm

Well maybe I'll check out the manga then. I understand your pain. I hate to see amazing books adapted to movies and the movies suck. I'm sure it's worse when it's manga to anime because it really should be awesome. So it's okay to be biased.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:01 pm

I have all of the volumes on my manga shelf. :heart: I've been collecting them since 2010, up to the end of the manga in 2015. 8)

Here's some [non-spoilery] artwork, including group shots of the main cast:

I find all of the characters so beautiful. :heart:

Oh, and there's swear words here and there, but not in plentiful amounts. Mostly when hot-tempered Helen or Undine are around; they're quite abrasive. :lol:

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:14 pm

Nice. I don't see what could be spoiled for me since I don't know anything. :lol: I think I'll start reading it next week when I go on vacation. I'll need something to do because I don't sleep well in foreign places. So I imagine I'm going to spend a lot of time staring at my laptop screen.

Thank you.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:20 pm

^Well, some of the artwork references scenes later in the story [such as a certain angel...]

My screensaver is the Claymore twin goddesses of love:
I liked the idea so much that I kind of *cough* "borrowed it" *cough* for one of my stories! :lol:

You're very welcome. I love recommending my favourites. :P

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

Very pretty. I won't remember that lol.

I've "borrowed" ideas myself. Sometimes it simply must be done.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

That's okay. :)

I borrow ideas from all of my favourite things. I've even considered giving names to the thirty three cats in one of my stories based on my favourite couples. :oops: 8)

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 4:21 pm

I had birds when I was younger and they were named after Gundam Wing characters. :lol:

There was Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, and...Milliardo Socks Kush Peacekraft Yuy Maxwell the 3rd. :lol: All of their names were that long and ridiculous but we just called them by their first names.

And Quatre had her own theme song. :lol: My childhood was hilarious.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 4:22 pm

I named one of my many] fish after a Fire Emblem character, and consider Cloud and Tifa to be good cat names. :lol:

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

I don't think animals should have real people names so Cloud and Tifa sound as good as any. Oh, I had a cat I named Kadaj, around the time AC came out. She lived outside. Everyone called her Kadashi. I named one of her kittens Souba.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 5:05 pm

I've only ever had one cat, a family cat, named Monkey Pi.
That's brilliant. :mrgreen:

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 5:56 pm

Have you seen Rurouni Kenshin? I just found out they made a live action movie of it...like five years ago. O.o But it was just released to the West recently.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:02 pm

No, I haven't. What's it about? :o

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:15 pm

It's set in the late 1800s I believe. Kenshin (also known as hitokiri battousai) is a former assassin who protects the people of Japan (as atonement) and vows not to take another life.

I only saw the original anime series, and the manga ended about a year after that. They apparently have several movies and the live action movie is part of a trilogy. o.O I'm not sure I want to see them but it's interesting to know.

That was the first period anime I'd ever seen, and the only other one I saw was Samurai Deeper Kyo which I loved also. :heart: