Page 31 of 32 [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 3:22 pm

meems wrote:
I'm enjoying all the male tears, personally. :P

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:24 pm

kurgan, your statements about actresses 'not having to do anything' to prepare for roles simply does not jibe with reality. You are living in a fantasy world where men have it soooo much harder than women, and I wonder why.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-bod ... le-2012164
http://www.fitsugar.com/Natalie-Portman ... n-12578525
http://www.fitsugar.com/Natalie-Portman ... e-23476691
http://getmascular.blogspot.com/2012/04 ... -diet.html
http://www.kidzworld.com/article/2509-c ... t-in-shape
http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebr ... s-benefits
http://anamikas.hubpages.com/hub/Fitnes ... pasha-yoga
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Wel ... 539&page=1

Last edited by LKL on 09 Jun 2013, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:28 pm

LKL wrote:
kurgan, your statements about actresses 'not having to do anything' to prepare for roles simply does not jibe with reality. You are living in a fantasy world where men have it soooo much harder than women, and I wonder why.

Because Hollywood men have to gain muscle and have six-pack abs. Hollywood women have to lose 5 lbs of fat. Which is the most difficult task?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:44 pm

You are incorrect about the level of work that actresses - especially the higer-paid ones - have to go through.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 7:11 pm

Quote:
Because Hollywood men have to gain muscle and have six-pack abs. Hollywood women have to lose 5 lbs of fat. Which is the most difficult task?

Quote:
You are incorrect about the level of work that actresses - especially the higer-paid ones - have to go through.

Umm........First World problems?

Ultimately, as much as I'm enjoying this discussion, I hate celebrities as a rule, and find that, considering the disgusting amount of money they make for having to play pretend in front of a camera, they're more than adequately compensated for having to look pretty (six-pack abs or otherwise).

If a regular person unduly stresses over not looking like Hugh Jackman, or Angelina Jolie, or whomever, that person is an insecure twit and deserves what they get. No one in real life is "required" to look like an actor/tress, and any pressure you feel to look any which way is a product of your own insecurities, not "society."

I'm declaring Mds as the "winner" because he's absolutely correct about this being one of the dumbest gender arguments on PPR in a looooong time, so I leave you to it. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Have fun, kiddies.

*drops mike*

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 1:19 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Ultimately, as much as I'm enjoying this discussion, I hate celebrities as a rule, and find that, considering the disgusting amount of money they make for having to play pretend in front of a camera, they're more than adequately compensated for having to look pretty (six-pack abs or otherwise).

If a regular person unduly stresses over not looking like Hugh Jackman, or Angelina Jolie, or whomever, that person is an insecure twit and deserves what they get. No one in real life is "required" to look like an actor/tress, and any pressure you feel to look any which way is a product of your own insecurities, not "society."

Celebrities are not a rule. They're an indicator of what society requires.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

Greb wrote:
Celebrities are not a rule. They're an indicator of what society requires.

What society requires?

Society does not exist. Society is nothing more than a figment of your imagination. A mirage. A dream. A fantasy. A state of mind.

Stating that society requires anything of anyone is utter nonsense. Just another convenient cop-out. A facile non-existent phantom on which to blame the world's ills.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 6:37 pm

LKL wrote:

As previously stated, these roles required them to look emaciated. They're not portrayed as sex symbols in these roles, nor are they portrayed as role models to women.

Quote:

Angelina Jolie actually deliberately toned down her muscle mass and gained small amounts of fat for Tomb Raider 2.

Quote:

This looks fairly easy.

Quote:

This is a forgery. Madonna lifts weights and also does cardio to stay at a very low 14% bodyfat. She's one woman compared to a lot of celebrity women who do not work out heavily, though. There are many so-called celebrity workout programs (eg. the one that say Daniel Craig doesn't squat or deadlift) on the internet, but few are genuine.

Quote:

This also proves who has it toughest.

Quote:

Jeniffer Garner was reasonably fit as Elektra and in Alias, but she was no extreme case. Your average girl at the gym where I workout is about that fit.

Since you mentioned Angelina Jolie, I'll mention some female leads characters in action movies that aren't muscular or above average in fitness at all. Good examples are Megan Fox in Transformers, Anne Hathaway in Catwoman (she actually lost 7 lbs for that role and stays lean pretty much all the time), Peta Wilson as La Femme Nikita, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy and Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood. Anyone can reach the same level of fitness by losing a few pounds in a few months.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2013, 7:11 pm

I think what profems on this site dont understand is the reality of the situation and that is there is a big movment against them from all sides not just much MRA but every one in general especially women who unlike feminists arent narcissistic and ignorant to other peoples problems. People are getting tired of their daugthers only having kids with and trying to make relationships work with the absolute dregs of society while their sons who are doctors lawyers engineers and successful business owners cant meet any woman at all or are forced to marry a girl who had kids with somone who is in and out of prison while she cheats on him. Yes men have it better than women but women have it ten times easier than men and every body knows this the hypocrisy of which is not lost on the masses that think that women have more than enough to be satified.This country is getting tired of people claiming to be victims when the only problems that exist for them are the ones that they make for themselves and innocent people while doing nothing to stop the people that do the real damage. The internet is making it so people can connect on a personal and intellectual level instead of a TV based debate that is controlled by people that want everyone to think what they want. This is make a generation of free thinking people that can see the real problems and issues not the fake ones we have been forced to endure for so long.People cant unlearn what they know and one of the things most people know is that 90% of feminist are selfish greedy and ignorant people who think they should have their every thought want and need to be satisfied at the expence of every other person that doesnt share their views.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 9:06 pm

I want to meet woman who's turning down the intelligent, successful, kind and gentle doctor for 'the dregs of society.' Or the doctor (which come in both genders, btw) who can only date former felons; the doctors at my hospital are mostly married to each other (except for one who had a trophy husband who mainly played all day and took care of their daughter, until they divorced, at which time SHE paid palimony to HIM).

Redriverronin, I think you've been listening to a little too much MRA whining about 'how easy women have it' to be in touch with reality. Here's a big hint: most of the men who think of themselves as "successful, nice guys," AREN'T.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2013, 6:26 pm

LKL wrote:
I want to meet woman who's turning down the intelligent, successful, kind and gentle doctor for 'the dregs of society.' Or the doctor (which come in both genders, btw) who can only date former felons; the doctors at my hospital are mostly married to each other (except for one who had a trophy husband who mainly played all day and took care of their daughter, until they divorced, at which time SHE paid palimony to HIM).

Redriverronin, I think you've been listening to a little too much MRA whining about 'how easy women have it' to be in touch with reality. Here's a big hint: most of the men who think of themselves as "successful, nice guys," AREN'T.

Sorry here is another reality check for you since you absolutely refuse to understand what people are trying to say to you. Yes women can have jobs now thank you for stating the obvious and those women are increasingly chosing to date marry and have kids with trash you just gave an example of that. No women have it easier not better EASIER!! !! !! ! I know that doesnt make sense to you but the world as a whole agrees with that statment men as a majority can ask random people to take care of them and then those people do it women can as a whole do this which makes their lives easier not better EASIER.Big hint really you are missing the point here women only want to have realationships psychopaths individuals who is incapable of feeling guilt, remorse or empathy for their actions. They are generally cunning, manipulative and know the difference between right and wrong but dismiss it as applying to them.They are incapable of normal emotions such as love, generally react without considering the consequences of their actions and show extreme egocentric and narcissistic behavior. LIke Tyri0n said at the beginning of the thread powerful men mostly psychopaths dont have a problems with women neither do jobless drug addicts thieves exconvicts convicts liars and cheaters. People see this men and women and they are getting mad they thought women were being treated bad because of all the propaganda being blasted in the media so people changed well now people see that doesnt work.MRA is just another ignorant voice like feminism extreme and useless people all over the world see the problems america and UK is having and one of the problems they see is neo feminism. People cant unlearn information and that is the main point I am trying to make when people are angry or tired of somthing they will do somthing about it future generations of men wont have a problem with women because they are learning how to deal with them.Because of this any daugther I may have is going to have it much harder I am goin to have to work twice as hard to make sure she knows how to deal with the onslot of usless liars that will assault her. Nothing feminism can do to help a woman in a world that no longer respects women laws do nothing to stop the social problems that will happen in the future only information that we can pass on. People like you feel the need to force you way of life on them through a broken and corrupt system and that will only backfire and hurt people like so many other laws that do nothing to fix real problems only make new ones

TheExxpert
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jun 2013, 2:40 pm

This thread seems to primarily consist of ad hominem attacks against Men's Rights Activists whilst equating them with being misogynistic scum. I don't think that's the case, and I sincerely think it's harmful to meaningful debate about the issues of sex.

I'd recommend you take a look at MRA websites, and engage them in genuine and heartfelt dialogue rather than dismissing them as misogynists.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 1:58 am

redriverronin wrote:
LKL wrote:

Sorry here is another reality check for you since you absolutely refuse to understand what people are trying to say to you. Yes women can have jobs now thank you for stating the obvious and those women are increasingly chosing to date marry and have kids with trash you just gave an example of that.

Noooo... I gave an example of a doctor who had a trophy husband. Trophy =/= trash, kind of by definition. He was handsome, a good dad, etc; choosing to be a house-husband doesn't make him trash.

Quote:
No women have it easier not better EASIER!! !! !! !

You're delusional. Which gender is it, again, that will be accused of 'asking for it' if they happen to be raped while they're walking their dog outside after dark? Is the unofficial curfew 'easy'? Is getting paid less for the same hours at the same job 'easy'? Is having to choose between being treated as a child or being treated as a witch 'easy'?

Quote:
...the world as a whole agrees with that statment men as a majority can ask random people to take care of them and then those people do it women can as a whole do this which makes their lives easier not better EASIER.

I think you left out part of that sentence - you're claiming men *can't* and women *can,* right? But that's simply false. Men *can* ask for help, and sometimes when women *do,* they're attacked by said stranger... and then, when they report it, they're told, 'well, what did you expect, asking a stranger for help'?

Quote:
Big hint really you are missing the point here women only want to have realationships psychopaths individuals who is incapable of feeling guilt, remorse or empathy for their actions. They are generally cunning, manipulative and know the difference between right and wrong but dismiss it as applying to them.They are incapable of normal emotions such as love, generally react without considering the consequences of their actions and show extreme egocentric and narcissistic behavior.

Hooooookay. I'm sorry your mother beat and/or abandoned you, but not all of us had evil mothers, ok?

Quote:
LIke Tyri0n said at the beginning of the thread powerful men mostly psychopaths dont have a problems with women neither do jobless drug addicts thieves exconvicts convicts liars and cheaters.

actually, I know of quite a few loser men, who fit your categories, who have either never had a girlfriend or who can't keep one around for more than a month. I also know a lot of men who think that they're 'nice' but actually, like you, think that women are all lying, emotional, stupid, narcissistic, etc and then wonder why no women want to be around them.

Quote:
People cant unlearn information...

People can, however, change their minds in the presence of new data.

Quote:
...future generations of men wont have a problem with women because they are learning how to deal with them.

Oh? How is that?

Quote:
People like you feel the need to force you way of life on them through a broken and corrupt system and that will only backfire and hurt people like so many other laws that do nothing to fix real problems only make new ones

What, exactly, do you think that I and people like me are "forcing" on anyone?

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2013, 8:58 pm

LKL wrote:
redriverronin wrote:
LKL wrote:

Sorry here is another reality check for you since you absolutely refuse to understand what people are trying to say to you. Yes women can have jobs now thank you for stating the obvious and those women are increasingly chosing to date marry and have kids with trash you just gave an example of that.

Noooo... I gave an example of a doctor who had a trophy husband. Trophy =/= trash, kind of by definition. He was handsome, a good dad, etc; choosing to be a house-husband doesn't make him trash.

Quote:
No women have it easier not better EASIER!! !! !! !

You're delusional. Which gender is it, again, that will be accused of 'asking for it' if they happen to be raped while they're walking their dog outside after dark? Is the unofficial curfew 'easy'? Is getting paid less for the same hours at the same job 'easy'? Is having to choose between being treated as a child or being treated as a witch 'easy'?

Quote:
...the world as a whole agrees with that statment men as a majority can ask random people to take care of them and then those people do it women can as a whole do this which makes their lives easier not better EASIER.

I think you left out part of that sentence - you're claiming men *can't* and women *can,* right? But that's simply false. Men *can* ask for help, and sometimes when women *do,* they're attacked by said stranger... and then, when they report it, they're told, 'well, what did you expect, asking a stranger for help'?

Quote:
Big hint really you are missing the point here women only want to have realationships psychopaths individuals who is incapable of feeling guilt, remorse or empathy for their actions. They are generally cunning, manipulative and know the difference between right and wrong but dismiss it as applying to them.They are incapable of normal emotions such as love, generally react without considering the consequences of their actions and show extreme egocentric and narcissistic behavior.

Hooooookay. I'm sorry your mother beat and/or abandoned you, but not all of us had evil mothers, ok?

Quote:
LIke Tyri0n said at the beginning of the thread powerful men mostly psychopaths dont have a problems with women neither do jobless drug addicts thieves exconvicts convicts liars and cheaters.

actually, I know of quite a few loser men, who fit your categories, who have either never had a girlfriend or who can't keep one around for more than a month. I also know a lot of men who think that they're 'nice' but actually, like you, think that women are all lying, emotional, stupid, narcissistic, etc and then wonder why no women want to be around them.

Quote:
People cant unlearn information...

People can, however, change their minds in the presence of new data.

Quote:
...future generations of men wont have a problem with women because they are learning how to deal with them.

Oh? How is that?

Quote:
People like you feel the need to force you way of life on them through a broken and corrupt system and that will only backfire and hurt people like so many other laws that do nothing to fix real problems only make new ones

What, exactly, do you think that I and people like me are "forcing" on anyone?

You prove my point on just how delusional people like you are you have nothing but liberal religious rantings and how people who arent victims are you cant have a debate with a religious nut job. You see the world as your preachers tell you to see it you attack people on all sides when ever they try to challenge your strict dogma even if shown prof that you are wrong on multiple levels.Instead of fighting in the traditional sense you use government to make laws to further you agendas and cause people to lose jobs family homes and their way of life. Like i said before your religion is being attaked on all sides by people who see it for what it is a wall in the way of true progress towards a better world for people that truly want to work towards the future instead of rely on an all powerful being to give them somthing for nothing.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

redriverronin wrote:
You prove my point on just how delusional people like you are you have nothing but liberal religious rantings and how people who arent victims are you cant have a debate with a religious nut job. You see the world as your preachers tell you to see it you attack people on all sides when ever they try to challenge your strict dogma even if shown prof that you are wrong on multiple levels.Instead of fighting in the traditional sense you use government to make laws to further you agendas and cause people to lose jobs family homes and their way of life. Like i said before your religion is being attaked on all sides by people who see it for what it is a wall in the way of true progress towards a better world for people that truly want to work towards the future instead of rely on an all powerful being to give them somthing for nothing.

Tinfoil hat too tight today?

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

Keni wrote:
redriverronin wrote:

Tinfoil hat too tight today?

Very hows your mandatory anal implant that all you liberals have to get to practice your crazy religion must be in overdrive mode butt hurting you when you get on here and try to debate.