New Xbox is called Xbox One, airing live right now.

Page 1 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2013, 12:25 pm

Seems like most rumors are true. A bigger focus on all other sorts of entertainment than game. Kinect mandatory.

It's been going on for almost 30 minutes and they're yet to show a new game.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2013, 10:00 pm

OMG, the more you read about the console, the worse it gets. It's like Microsoft knew perfectly well what gamers wanted... and then did the exact opposite.

For a perfect recap of the show : [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw[/youtube]

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:28 pm

Between all of this and it locking out used games and requiring an internet connection, this thing sounds like garbage. Companies need money to work but this really just goes to show how greedy a company can be. That and they assume their entire market is full of idiots. Looks like I'll just be getting a WiiU this gen. Other than that I'll stick with my 360 and get a used PS3 sometime.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2013, 10:56 pm

You don't own a PS3 yet? Dafuq man, no other system this generation with so many great games.

Anyway, Xbox One is dead before arrival. The only place where it will sell is U.S.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:17 pm

sixstring wrote:
You don't own a PS3 yet? Dafuq man, no other system this generation with so many great games.

Anyway, Xbox One is dead before arrival. The only place where it will sell is U.S.

That's what they said about the 360 and it's held the top sales for the last 21 months...
(though, that's because I've been through 4 of them and only one ps3

hblu1992
Raven
Raven

21 May 2013, 11:17 pm

yeah.... there is no way I'm going to blow $400 on a supped up Xbox 360 thats more annoying to use and tracks me so that its creators can make me spend more on their products.

Microsoft go screw yourself :x

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:24 pm

I'll simply point the kinect at the ceiling unless I am using it

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:29 pm

Even if it's got better graphics, it has to be user-friendly - and this sure isn't!

PS4 is being made easy and fast from top to bottom... smart thinking!

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2013, 11:36 pm

Feralucce wrote:
sixstring wrote:

That's what they said about the 360 and it's held the top sales for the last 21 months...
(though, that's because I've been through 4 of them and only one ps3
Sony screwed up the PS3's start due to their arrogance, paving the way for 360. Most people realized being released a year earlier for a much lower price and instantly providing an online service, would provide MS with an advantage.

Also, it's the U.S. and the U.S. only where 360 leads the sales. Everywhere else PS3 is leading the sales for the moment. And PS3 has also surpassed 360 sales worldwide.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2013, 11:59 pm

Even though I'm a big Nintendo fan, I doubt that Sony can screw up as bad as Microsoft.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 12:05 am

sixstring wrote:

I did have one for a bit which was long enough for me to get into MGS and play the first three games, but then I bought 4 and it pretty much broke while installing the first disc. And I haven't been employed for a long time now so I haven't been able to get a new one(unfortunately that also means no WiiU until well whenever I do get a job I guess). Honestly, though, I can't think of too many games I really care to play that I don't already have on the 360. Just MGS4, maybe 3D dot game heroes, maybe the No More Heroes rerelease. Already watched videos of games like Journey and Heavy Rain and feel I don't really need to play them.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2013, 12:16 am

What genres do you prefer?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:59 am

How will the Xbox One block used games? Force people to "register" each game before they can play it? Won't sell at all in homes without broadband then.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2013, 10:27 am

When you put the game in, you're forced to completely install the game. After which the network will link the game with the system.
So multiple users can use the same game on the same system, but it's not possible to play them on another system.
So say goodbye to borrowing games from friends.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 11:21 am

sixstring wrote:
When you put the game in, you're forced to completely install the game. After which the network will link the game with the system.
So multiple users can use the same game on the same system, but it's not possible to play them on another system.
So say goodbye to borrowing games from friends.

Please give a citation for this. This was a rumor that both MS and Sony have denied... I would like to see a source

Wolfer
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2013, 11:40 am

yeah when i see the xbox one, it brings me tears of sorrow :(