Page 202 of 297 [ 4752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 297  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 12:57 am

Mr.Robot wrote:

Google Play offers all of them as one compilation for less than 5 dollars. If you prefer the German version then you can get the complete works for <$2. His work is truly fascinating

presumed you can pay that way, so: generalised everybody has the income to pay bankcards?
but also it's getting harder to buy, especially petrol, building material, that sort of things, oh public transport you can't without electronic banking :mrgreen:
oops sorry :D i better start a tread called: things you wanted to buy but couldn't :skull: :skull: :ninja:

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 9:47 am

traven wrote:
Mr.Robot wrote:

Google Play offers all of them as one compilation for less than 5 dollars. If you prefer the German version then you can get the complete works for <$2. His work is truly fascinating

presumed you can pay that way, so: generalised everybody has the income to pay bankcards?
but also it's getting harder to buy, especially petrol, building material, that sort of things, oh public transport you can't without electronic banking :mrgreen:
oops sorry :D i better start a tread called: things you wanted to buy but couldn't :skull: :skull: :ninja:

Just wanted to be helpful :D

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 1:52 pm

Mr.Robot wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation! I often forget it's there but Google play seems to have surprisingly good resources for books. I've been angling to get more classics into my system of late. I often find free pdf versions of these books online; managed to read Animal Farm this way. It's usually either that or yet more literature gets sucked into my Kindle. :)

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:02 pm

What Men with Asperger's Syndrome want to know about women, dating and relationships

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 11:29 pm

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:09 am

crystaltermination wrote:
Mr.Robot wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation! I often forget it's there but Google play seems to have surprisingly good resources for books. I've been angling to get more classics into my system of late. I often find free pdf versions of these books online; managed to read Animal Farm this way. It's usually either that or yet more literature gets sucked into my Kindle. :)

You're more than welcome! I hope you will find some good offers. Well, my Google books app is full of compilations that i purchased for less than 3 dollars each. It is so much that i am already aware that i will never be able to finish them within one lifetime.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:05 am

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ZombyWoof
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2017, 2:53 pm

The Reader/Der Vorleser - Bernhard Schlink

i have to read it for business school and all i can say is that i really don't like this book, as well-written as it may be.

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2017, 5:29 pm

I just finished reading A Sword In Darkness by Thomas A. Mays, it got me really pumped to try out some more designs in Children of a Dead Earth and to learn math so I can one day accurately draft designs for ships and weapons of my own for fun. Next I'm going to be reading Hegemony, it's about fighters in space, the main twist being that they're controlled by human minds uploaded onto the computers of drones. Gets rid of all the excessive bulk and weight of a fighter with a protein-based pilot sitting in a cockpit without having the disadvantages of weak AI or remote control.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 6:49 pm

For my summer class, I am currently reading Ralph Ellison's novel The Invisible Man.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jul 2017, 5:07 pm

I'm halfway through Revolution 1989, its about the fall of the soviet empire, and Red Plenty, its about the soviet planned economy. My favourite subject is Nazism, but lately its been the USSR.

HyperX

24 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

reading it again because it was good in the 90's and it's still good today.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:16 pm

For my summer class, I am now reading On The Road.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:13 pm

Mary Shelleys Frankenstein.
Because why not? :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:20 pm

M is For Magic by Neil Gaiman.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 11:40 pm