Mercenaries / Paramilitary operatives with Asperger's

Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm

What is it with these great big long posts?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 4:57 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Are you at it again? You should consider writing novels about mercenaries or video games about them, not trying to become one...

Are you making the rules ? Can you control what other people with Asperger's can do ? If you don't have any useful information to contribute or anything useful to say, then be quiet and stay away then.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

"You're not the boss of me!" isn't really going to get you anywhere in your chosen field. Neither are little temper tantrums.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

@ Olive Oil Mom, are you talking to me?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm

Obviously.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

First of all, I'm not angry at anyone. I'm simply and just saying that if they don't have anything useful to contribute, then they should keep their mouths shut because if it's not relevant, it's not useful and therefore if they persist with these irritating irrelevant comments, then I'll report them to one of the site's administrators. It's not anger, it's simply my way of dealing with the problem. Second of all, review, examine and check the posts made by other people before responding to them. If sentences in someone's postings on a web site don't have any capitalization in the words of their sentences and if they don't have exclamation marks on all of them, well, then they're obviously and clearly not angry, are they ?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:02 pm

I never said you were angry. I said that kind of attitude won't make it in the mercenary business.

BTW, neither will the mindset of tattling. Or letting someone get under your skin with a remark so that you would want to run and tell.

That's all I was saying.

You can have the last word if you like.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 11:30 pm

You don't think that I don't know that ? The only time that mercenaries get angry is if they're not paid the amount that they were promised or if someone interferes with them or stands in their way. And now, some of the people on this thread ARE standing in my way, and if they or someone else continues to do so, they will be punished severely.

I'm not snitching on anyone. Snitching is trying to put someone in trouble. Reporting someone is NOT tattling. It is simply saying that she / he broke some rules or did something she / he that wasn't supposed to do and now, he's / she's gonna have to answer for them. Criticism, okay one or two times, it can be accepted. But if it persists, the people that are being criticized will respond and defend themselves. But if it's their superiors / bosses, or if they did something wrong or if they did something that they weren't supposed to do and they have no sufficient facts, logic, reasons or excuses to justify / explain why they did it, well then there's nothing that anyone can do.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:37 pm

AutisticAmerican24 wrote:
You don't think that I don't know that ? The only time that mercenaries get angry is if they're not paid the amount that they were promised or if someone interferes with them or stands in their way. And now, some of the people on this thread ARE standing in my way, and if they or someone else continues to do so, they will be punished severely.

Are ya gonna mass boil them?

I'm pretty sure mercenaries get angry at other times.

So, how are these people standing in your way? In your way of what, talking about mercenaries on your thread or actually being a mercenary?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 11:56 pm

Of course. I'm not gonna boil all of them alive. But if they persist, they're gonna get it one way or the other.

Some of the people, not all of the people posting on this thread are standing in my way by attempting to dissuade me from being a mercenary altogether. They just have to accept and absorb the fact that they can't control what other people with Asperger's joining the military can do. But some of the people posting on this thread were actually providing me with encouragement, advice and in some cases, compliments.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:28 am

The people in the thread are typing to you on the internet. That isn't standing in your way of anything. I don't think AS is what's standing in your way of being a mercenary either. To begin with, saying that some stranger on the internet typing to you is preventing you from having the career that you want is the sort of thinking that will prevent you from being a mercenary. As well as wanting the same people, again - strangers typing online to you - to get it one way or another, for typing things you don't like is another way of thinking that's going to prevent you from it.

As for joining the military, go for it. Go down to the recruiter in the morning and sign up. You taken the ASVAB yet? If you want to join up, why aren't you already in the military?

Minorbin
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

Kelspook wrote:

Nah, they're part of the French Military. Hard as nails, too. Mate of mine left the Parachute regt and joined the Legion. He was a scary big sod BEFORE he went, when he came back he was terrifying. Still a nice bloke, but his soldiering skills were off the charts. I wouldn't want to mess with those guys, seriously....

Is the Parachute Regiment the equivalent of the U.S Army Airborne units? It's no wonder he got pumped after going through all that.
I don't suppose your friend met any Americans in the legion? I've heard rumors that they mistrust Americans because they're supposedly more prone to desertions.
Just a rumor though. Do you know?

I mean, the Legion is like the most expendable part of the French military, right?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
The people in the thread are typing to you on the internet. That isn't standing in your way of anything. I don't think AS is what's standing in your way of being a mercenary either. To begin with, saying that some stranger on the internet typing to you is preventing you from having the career that you want is the sort of thinking that will prevent you from being a mercenary. As well as wanting the same people, again - strangers typing online to you - to get it one way or another, for typing things you don't like is another way of thinking that's going to prevent you from it.

As for joining the military, go for it. Go down to the recruiter in the morning and sign up. You taken the ASVAB yet? If you want to join up, why aren't you already in the military?

I just don't like it when people are disrespectful towards me or don't take me seriously, treating me like I'm five years old.

Wait hold on, I never said anything about AS standing in my way of being a mercenary. Those people never said anything to discourage me from being a mercenary, they would've become a bit irritating at times, but that's about it ?

I created this thread to see if it's possible, to join the military and track down, find and recruit other people with Asperger's who wish to join the military and then recruit them to become contractors afterwards.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Why not go see a recruiter first and see if you can even get in? People get PDQ'd all the time for lots of things. I got PDQ'd because of my thyroid, which I don't have a problem with since I had it out the next year. My husband got PDQ'd because he's dyslexic. They have lots of restrictions now.

I wouldn't mention to the recruiter your idea for building an all aspie A Team though. That might raise red flags. Plus, if they are any good at working those type details Halliburton will snap them up first.

Also if you don't like people treating you like you're five years old, don't respond like a five year old. You did that a couple of times. Aren't you supposed to have "nerves of steel" and not be flustered or ruffled by anything? If guys typing online irritates you, you are gonna have a lot of trouble with those mass beheadings.

So, whats stopping you from going down to see the recruiter?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

Because I wanna finish college first, earn my degree and then join the military.

Of course, I won't tell the recruiter or my potential superiors that I'm planning to build a private army composed of men of whom a small minority has Asperger's. What do you think that I am, a idiot ?

I'm not intending to work for Halliburton. I'm going to buy out different private military contractors and form a special unit composed of men, of whom a small minority has Asperger's attached to a single combination of different PMC's that I bought out.

I will be tough, I'll prove it to you. Guys typing online may irritate me, but they don't piss me off.

Oh, don't worry. I'll be able to handle those mass happenings of people being skinned and hanged upside down. Don't worry about that. I won't actually commit the skinnings, though. People that are receiving orders from me will do it for me.

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Minorbin wrote:
Kelspook wrote:

Nah, they're part of the French Military. Hard as nails, too. Mate of mine left the Parachute regt and joined the Legion. He was a scary big sod BEFORE he went, when he came back he was terrifying. Still a nice bloke, but his soldiering skills were off the charts. I wouldn't want to mess with those guys, seriously....

Is the Parachute Regiment the equivalent of the U.S Army Airborne units? It's no wonder he got pumped after going through all that.
I don't suppose your friend met any Americans in the legion? I've heard rumors that they mistrust Americans because they're supposedly more prone to desertions.
Just a rumor though. Do you know?

I mean, the Legion is like the most expendable part of the French military, right?

Yes, the Paras are the British equivalent, and naturally they maintain that they're way more nails than the Americans lol.

The French view the Legion as an elite force I believe, not sure if they're viewed as more expendable though I imagine they probably are- they are predominantly composed of foriegn nationals hence the name. I have no idea if he met any yanks, or how the legion as a whole treated them, but as I understand it from him every other legionaire is to be treated as a brother, closer than family, regardless of race or nationality.