Mercenaries / Paramilitary operatives with Asperger's

Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2013, 9:01 pm

Hired soldiers and paramilitary operatives with high functioning autism, mild autism and / or Asperger's can be really useful and really cool.

Hmm, wonder if any government, including the U.S. or big, huge corporations would hire high functioning / mild autistics to do their fighting for them ?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm

Who in their right mind would want to do that?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2013, 9:52 pm

Do what ?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 1:24 am

be a mercenary with a short average life span.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 2:07 am

Why do you say that ?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:12 am

because when one puts oneself in harm's way, one has to expect that one is risking life and limb. nobody is indestructible.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 2:24 am

Yeah, but placing a hired mercenary, whether they have Asperger's or not is just the same as putting a soldier's life or a militant's / rebel militiaman's / insurgent's life in danger. No more, no less.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

agreed that AS folk are just as capable, but the central question remains, of WHY BOTHER with all that mess?

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm

You could be a special operations agent, why would you be a mercenary?

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 4:41 pm

Because a soldier of a sovereign country / state has to follow orders and deploy to whatever locations that his superior officers tell him to deploy to. While, a mercenary still has to follow orders, he's just part of a larger force that can and will deploy to whatever countries / areas / locations that his employers tell him to deploy to or he can deploy to wherever that he wants. While the U.S. Military is only allowed to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq for combat experience, mercenaries with Asperger's can deploy to whatever location whether it be Burma, Chechnya or anywhere in the Middle East or Africa where they will be paid much higher salaries than the military to start battling specific factions / groups.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 5:27 pm

Most blackwater (or whatever they call themselves now) employees were ex special forces or have had some extensive military/law enforcment experience. The last time I read into it, their qualification course is in the same ballpark as special forces, it produces a lot of washouts. Groups like blackwater expect teamwork, and more physical endurance than the average person has. If you have any sense of morality involving human life or dignity, it'll very likely come into conflict with your career at some point.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 5:53 pm

Tell me about it. But we're only taking orders from two groups : The Government and the paramilitary unit that's a military / defense subsidiary of my multinational corporation that I'm planning to found. And we certainly wouldn't slaughter innocent civilians, and we also won't be psychotic / psychopathic / sociopathic, we won't take pleasure in killing or hurting other people or think that doing these types of things is fun and we certainly won't be racist or antireligious. We don't have any beliefs, except that for the fact that we won't accept female candidates / applicants.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

I'd love to be a mercenary. All the fun and no worry about criminal charges. I think I'd be good at it too. I'm sneaky, conniving, and can lie out the ass if need be, convincingly too. And I'm very good at justifying things in my head.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

I don't believe I could so readily ventilate another person with sharp piercing objects.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

Depends on what they did in the first place.

Or how much money is involved.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:48 pm

"depends on what they did" sounds to me like playing god, which is something I dare not do.