Mercenaries / Paramilitary operatives with Asperger's

Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Minorbin wrote:
Kelspook wrote:

Nah, they're part of the French Military. Hard as nails, too. Mate of mine left the Parachute regt and joined the Legion. He was a scary big sod BEFORE he went, when he came back he was terrifying. Still a nice bloke, but his soldiering skills were off the charts. I wouldn't want to mess with those guys, seriously....

Is the Parachute Regiment the equivalent of the U.S Army Airborne units? It's no wonder he got pumped after going through all that.
I don't suppose your friend met any Americans in the legion? I've heard rumors that they mistrust Americans because they're supposedly more prone to desertions.
Just a rumor though. Do you know?

I mean, the Legion is like the most expendable part of the French military, right?

Yes, the Paras are the British equivalent, and naturally they maintain that they're way more nails than the Americans lol.

The French view the Legion as an elite force I believe, not sure if they're viewed as more expendable though I imagine they probably are- they are predominantly composed of foriegn nationals hence the name. I have no idea if he met any yanks, or how the legion as a whole treated them, but as I understand it from him every other legionaire is to be treated as a brother, closer than family, regardless of race or nationality.

Minorbin
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2013, 7:02 pm

AutisticAmerican24, do you plan on getting a commission?

Minorbin
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2018, 8:12 pm

Kelspook wrote:
as I understand it from him every other legionaire is to be treated as a brother, closer than family, regardless of race or nationality.

Maybe the suspicion was only probationary.