Page 3 of 3 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2013, 6:24 pm

When was the last time you heard a neurotypical say 'Hey, I watched this TV show last night and there was this supposedly NT guy in it but he didn't like sport or gossip and I was so offended because why don't writers do their reasearch?'

There are no characteristic traits which all NTs share and they don 't expect every TV character to represent them; same with Aspies. Some of us are bright, some of us are assholes, and some of us are both. Sheldon's one of the latter and we've all met them.

I don't want to see all Aspies represented as saintly figures I can't live up to. I don't want people asking me 'Why can't you be more like the caring, sensitive Aspies on TV?' I'd rather hear them say 'So you're a bit like Sheldon Cooper but not such an as*hole?'

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2013, 6:37 pm

eric76 wrote:
I just go to the store and buy 3-packs of colored t-shirts with pockets. When getting dressed, I just grab the next t-shirt in the pile regardless of its color.

All my socks are identical black ones and I wear the same kind of shirt and trousers at work every day: I have to wear a shirt and trousers because of the dress code but I never iron them and I'd much rather wear an extra large (unironed) comic or film-themed T-shirt and black jeans like I do at home.

That's the way I've dressed for thirty-odd years and I'm comfortable with it.