Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 7:39 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I couldn't help but smile.

Respect to you from me, LePetitPrince.

Its ok to be picky, but you don't around advertising it, it makes you look like an a***hole, besides WP is not a dating site!

I agree in that it's ok to be picky. But the reason I had the criteria I had (in the thread entitled "I give up") was because I found someone who I was attracted to. She was an Aspie, had very similar interests to mine, and was very physically attractive. But she was already in a relationship. My thinking was that "if this woman is unavailable, then I need someone who is just like her".

Tim

Or you could just get over her and find someone else. That's not being picky, it's just being F*cking stupid.

What should I look for in somebody who might eventually be a mate?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 7:40 pm

I don't think you should look for anything. You just meet people as life goes on, some you get the stomach lurch, some you don't. That's how I live life. :)

Over the years i've learnt not to look for things in people, i'll always be disappointed. Also, I don't date, I just want lots of friends. That will be hard for me, because when they enter in a relationship, they won't be able to hang out with me anymore.

I have qualities I like in people, but it's not really essential if they have them or not. I could fall for the complete opposite.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 7:43 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't think you should look for anything. You just meet people as life goes on, some you get the stomach lurch, some you don't. That's how I live life. :)

Over the years i've learnt not to look for things in people, i'll always be disappointed. Also, I don't date, I just want lots of friends. That will be hard for me, because when they enter in a relationship, they won't be able to hang out with me anymore.

I have qualities I like in people, but it's not really essential if they have them or not. I could fall for the complete opposite.

So it's something that just happens then?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2007, 9:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Tim

That's pretty much how I see it.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 10:30 pm

"The final destination used to be my main question. But then I found all I was searchin for was present" ~ Gift of Gab

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 3:25 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Tim

yea it is ,

finding a partner is not like buying a PC or a car...