Anyone ever find their sleeping dreams a little confusing?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2013, 8:19 am

My dreams are very mundane. I usually dream about whatever I'm doing in the waking world. When I worked I would dream I was at work, no bizarre twists as I can recall. Right now I'm learning SQL for creating databases so I'm dreaming about getting computer code to work. My dreams are so normal that once in a while I have trouble distinguishing if I dreamed something happened or it really happened. One time I dreamed I bought a box of Cheerios and in the morning when I woke up I opened the cupboard to get them for breakfast and then realize I didn't actually have them, it was only a dream. Very boring!

elsing
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2013, 9:10 am

I don't think this style of dreaming is anything unusual but what you describe, NT's choosing their dreams, to echo an earlier comment I think is a skill to be mastered over years. I do believe the days events and thoughts can affect dreams in the night.

Your dreams about little changes in your known environment are quite common, I frequently find extra rooms in my house in my dreams that I had never discovered before.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

I usually dream about my fears and anxieties. Sometimes I have an outburst in my dreams too, where I'm shouting at somebody. My dreams often involve panic. If I'm not panicking, I'm usually just spending the whole dream talking and listening. Sometimes I have a dream where I am connected to something that lifts me up into the air and I glide along. I do love having those dreams. Other times I have dreams of the men I fancy, where I'm cuddling and kissing them. My dreams do involve a lot of emotion though.

Although all dreams are unique, I used to have really weird dreams when I was on antibiotics as a child when I had a flu. I never have lucid dreams (and I don't want to either, I like having dreams and thinking they are real at the time), but I think these really weird dreams I used to have when on antibiotics were sort of lucid dreams. I remember saying, ''oh, please can I wake up??'' loads of times in a panic in the dream, but I only had those when I had flu as a child, so I'm very sure it was antibiotics that made me dream like this.
These weird dreams were of me standing in quite an open space, and suddenly somebody would come along and give me a huge pile of junk and plonk it in my hands. I didn't mind that, but suddenly more would be added to the pile, and when I was holding too much, I was panicking because of the pressure. But it didn't feel like the same kind of pressure you feel on your bones and muscles when holding a big pile of something. It was a different type of pressure, like a claustrophobic pressure. And when the pile of junk shrunk (whilst still in my hands), I felt all right again, until I knew more junk was coming, and then I was like, ''no! Let me wake up! I can't take this!''
And they were similar to that every time I dreamed when on antibiotics.

Otherwise, I know I dream normally because every time I read up about dreams, the description always suits the way I dream, so no it is not an Aspie thing, I don't know why people come out with such things like that here for.