10 Aug 2013, 5:58 pm

You can bet I will!

I even went back last night and rewatched this episode so I could see it!! :D

-- Emerson

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2013, 6:53 pm

I've been watching even though crime dramas aren't my thing, out of curiosity for Sonya's portrayal. Now I look forward to it every week, just for the suspense and characters. I do think Sonya is an over-the-top Aspie. That dinner scene this week was absolutely cringeworthy. Even the least self-aware Aspie knows not to say someone's cooking "didn't taste good."

I did not notice the mug, as I turned away during that shot, thinking there were photos of dead people... So if she knows about Wrong Planet, she can't be completely clueless about autism...

I must say Linder is my favorite; he was awesome this week. I think he is the new Kramer. :D

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm

The first time through my attention was ON the dead people in the photos! That's why I missed the mug! :) I tend to mostly see the background in movies.

I love Linder too. What an interesting and complex character! I think I love everyone on this - even Kitty. Everyone seems to have depth, which is not easy to do.

-- Emerson

circa1981
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2013, 9:44 am

greenturtle74 wrote:
I've been watching even though crime dramas aren't my thing, out of curiosity for Sonya's portrayal. Now I look forward to it every week, just for the suspense and characters. I do think Sonya is an over-the-top Aspie. That dinner scene this week was absolutely cringeworthy. Even the least self-aware Aspie knows not to say someone's cooking "didn't taste good."

I did not notice the mug, as I turned away during that shot, thinking there were photos of dead people... So if she knows about Wrong Planet, she can't be completely clueless about autism...

I must say Linder is my favorite; he was awesome this week. I think he is the new Kramer. :D

I'd be a little bit more polite about it, but that's something I would say.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2013, 10:31 am

circa1981 wrote:
greenturtle74 wrote:

I'd be a little bit more polite about it, but that's something I would say.

Excuse me, I've simply given an honest and balanced opinion. If you're looking for "impolite" commentary, you can find far better examples elsewhere.

circa1981
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2013, 10:53 am

I meant if I was in that situation, I would have said the same thing as Sonya, I just would have apologized. I wasn't talking about you.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

I binge-watched all the past episodes yesterday. Once I started, I had to watch them all and I eagerly anticipate seeing the rest of the story. I think that they needed to be a little obvious to appeal to a large audience. I feel sure that a lot of people accept a quirky character without trying to see if she fits a diagnosis. I hadn't thought about it before skimming this thread, but now I look forward to the reveal.

I live in Texas, so I had heard about the murders of women in Juarez. I feel a bit annoyed at Amnesty International and other social justice organizations for not making such heinous crimes more widely known. I really didn't understand the scale of this massacre until I researched it a little to find out if the show had exagerrated. It has not exaggerated at all. I guess I'll take further discussion of reality over to the politics board.

tl;dr Great show, important issues

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm

I agree that it's so good they took this true, real life horrible issue that is NOT being given much attention and built a great drama around it. With truth at your core you have a much stronger show.

I also binge watched all of the episodes and last night did something totally uncharacteristic (never done before) - I rewatched them all. One of my 'things' is just no patience to rewatch dramas - even ones I really like. Once I know what happens I can't stand to sit through them again. For some reason this one is different. I have watched all of them twice now and one of them three times. :o

Can't wait for Wednesday!

-- Emerson

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2013, 12:57 pm

circa1981 wrote:
I meant if I was in that situation, I would have said the same thing as Sonya, I just would have apologized. I wasn't talking about you.

Ah, okay, my bad.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

Make sure you watch tonight! I make my first appearance on the show.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 2:47 pm

YAYYY Alex! Can't wait!! :D

-- Emerson

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 1:43 am

Great Job Alex!! :D

-- Emerson

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:22 am

And a speaking part, too! Nice!

That means SAG/Aftra, doesn't it? Way cool.

Another fantastic episode. I was very empressed with Eva's traumatised look--so different than that lively face we saw at the ranch...

There is no part of this that is not working well. And I like the way they are playing Ray Ray--so irritating you are just hoping something terrible silences him soon (or is that just me?)

I thought Fausto's fireplace over Marco's shoulder was almost too heavy handed. As if we needed to be told this man is already in hell by putting flames behind him. Also the telegraphing of his intent to use that knife, up close and personal, was so strong that I wonder if that is not a set up for a twist of some kind (other than a twist of the knife.)

One thing I really liked was the scene with Lyle Lovett-- I forget the characters name for the moment--when he was giving papers for Charlotte to sign with Cesar and Ray at her side. They discussed the sexual politics of the situation so openly--something that almost never happens in real life but was natural in the weird circumstances these characters are in.

The whole exchange between Ray and Charlotte about the sexual component of his encounter with Graciela was so interesting--and the way she put him in his place as an employee, and a less trusted one than Cesar. Added to that the cryptic exchange of hinted, implied detail between the attorney and Charlotte about her invitation to dinner with Fausto... a very rich scene.

And I really like the way Adriana is developing. She may be my favorite character after Sonya. That scene with her mom waiting was terrible to see.

What a fantastic set up for season 2.

And again, nice work, Alex!

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:39 am

I am continually touched by the sensitivity Hank shows Sonya, especially when he notices Sonya is distressed (her subtle stim of rubbing on herself, which is a variant of something I notice I do myself). He always notices and offers fatherly reassurance to her "It's OK, Sonya..."

I don't like the path Marco is going down. I do hope that Sonya is able to deter him from his destructive objective so he doesn't find himself digging his hole any deeper.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:14 am

mikassyna wrote:
I am continually touched by the sensitivity Hank shows Sonya, especially when he notices Sonya is distressed (her subtle stim of rubbing on herself, which is a variant of something I notice I do myself). He always notices and offers fatherly reassurance to her "It's OK, Sonya..."

I don't like the path Marco is going down. I do hope that Sonya is able to deter him from his destructive objective so he doesn't find himself digging his hole any deeper.

I liked that scene, too. Hank is a good guy. That also showed when he was asking Linder to take off his boots...

Sonya will help Marco get out of it, but not before he goes into deep dark places. Fausto's mansion is just the door to that darkness. But remember when Sonya said she knew he would help---that is her accurate judgment of his character and I predict it will come back [as in, be proven correct] in the next season.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 8:10 am

I also enjoyed the finale a lot, but I hope that I can remember all the hanging threads when the show returns next year.