Nutritional Deficiencies - Symptoms Check-list

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
I agree, but since we're all affected by environmental toxins, there has to be a reason that some children develop ASD's and immune system problems while others don't. What science suggests, as it hasn't be definitively proven, is that some people simply have a genetic predisposition to problems.

Yes.

"Science has discovered that about 90% of all cells and all genetic material of the human body belongs to the gut flora - a mixture of various microbes, which live inside our digestive tract." - Dr. Natasha Cambell-McBride

If an infant is born with an inadequate supply of gut flora, the environmental toxins will have adverse effects, causing impairments of the gut and brain, a weakened immune system which poses a threat towards a host of disorders and ailments.

Some reasons may be:
1) Mother was unable to pass on enough gut flora onto her newborn (she, too, may have a shortage of supply which could stem from her mother's shortage, their lifestyle and medical practices) .. an endless cycle
2) Mother chose or was unable to breast feed - therefor, bottle fed her infant
3) Antibiotics was used which wiped out the flora - good bacteria/probiotics were not replaced
4) [Therefor] infant/child was environmentally intoxicated - a weak immune system prevented infant/child to fight off toxins

What happens in the gut, happens in the brain.
These are just from the top of my head.

I'm not here to preach. I've read multiple theories and this theory is the only one that fit closest to my own personal philosophy and connected a lot of dots for me and my family. If you disagree or think it's bogus, I'm ok with that. We all strive for a quality of life that works for us.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 5:24 am

Sounds to me like complete quackery.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 11:28 am

Fair enough. If you research it further, you might find it interesting. Our bodies can do amazing things if we step away from this medicine world and learn to eat healthy - and i don't mean being a fashionable vegan or vegetarian, either.