Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

I've come to the conclusion that the most random things make me crack up with laughter....like, the other night, I was in my room watching an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Carl Brutananadilewski said to Frylock, "It is obvious to you, me and the nose on my face..." and I thought that was one of the funniest statements I'd ever heard, and I literally laughed about it for like 10 minutes afterward (as quietly as I could, since my parents were asleep and in the room right next to mine).

Anyone else? :)

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 1:39 pm

Sometimes. I find myself laughing at stuff but a lot of times it's like laughing like a little kid would. Like if I am skiing sometimes I just burst out laughing and squealing. It's not even controlled, it just happens because I am having so much fun. I did that once particularly loudly and I had to look around because I was a little nervous that someone had heard me but there was no one else there. Or sometimes my brother will say or do something silly or make a silly face and that makes me laugh like a little kid. Nobody else thinks it's that funny, but I do. But I have burst out laughing when I heard or read a particular phrase that others did not find funny as well.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

The title of this thread makes me confused.

How can I consider things I laugh at random? If I laugh at them, it's because I consider them funny, not ramdom.

I was told that I laugh at "random" things, but for me they are funny, not random.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

chlov wrote:

How can I consider things I laugh at random? If I laugh at them, it's because I consider them funny, not ramdom.

I was told that I laugh at "random" things, but for me they are funny, not random.

Hi! Sorry - when I say "random things," I just meant things that don't seem particularly funny to other people, but are particularly funny to you...like, someone else might have just had a reaction of "meh" to the ATHF dialogue I mentioned, but I found it hilarious. Then again, I was watching it at like, 1:00 in the morning when pretty much everything is funny to me... :lol:

Sorry for the confusion, I probably should have worded it differently.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
chlov wrote:

Hi! Sorry - when I say "random things," I just meant things that don't seem particularly funny to other people, but are particularly funny to you...like, someone else might have just had a reaction of "meh" to the ATHF dialogue I mentioned, but I found it hilarious. Then again, I was watching it at like, 1:00 in the morning when pretty much everything is funny to me... :lol:

Sorry for the confusion, I probably should have worded it differently.

Now it makes much more sense.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2013, 5:07 pm

I tend to crack up about weird things, too.

I'm taking a summer course, and our professor has threatened to choke us a few times when students were talking during a lecture. I'm not sure if she's allowed to say that to us or not, but the whole thing cracks me up something awful. I'm going to look for a neck brace or something to wear on the last day and tell her it's so she can't choke me if asked.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 8:24 pm

once I was walking my daughter's dog and another dog attacked her(the dog), growling and baring it's teeth. I was caught in the middle of it, wrapped up in the dog's leash. I started laughing. The owner of the other dog said it wasn't funny, but I was laughing anyway. Nobody got hurt btw.
I also laugh if a dog barks at me, because it sort of takes me by surprise..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 8:44 pm

I was working the evening shift at a hospital, and as I was walking out of the recovery room I noticed a soiled and dusty pair of women's panties on the floor in the corner, and I pointed them out to the housekeeper who was on her break and basically she said "Mañana." then I glanced again at the underwear and then back at the housekeeper, then one of the doctors happened upon the scene, she looked at what we both were looking at, then looked at us, then we all just bust out laughing our fool heads off. :lol:

Last edited by auntblabby on 24 Jul 2013, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 11:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I was working the evening shift at a hospital, and as I was walking out of the recovery room I noticed a soiled and dusty pair of women's panties on the floor in the corner, and I pointed them out to the housekeeper who was on her break and basically she said "Mañana." then I glanced again at the underwear and then back at the housekeeper, then one of the doctors happened upon the scene, she looked at what we both were looking at, then looked at us, then we all just bust out laughing our food heads off. :lol:

I won't even try to post the Youtube since it NEVER works for me, but that reminds me of the 'song' by Frank Zappa, "The Jazz Discharge Party Hats" except this probably wasn't in Albuquerque, I imagine.

My story: I put a little piece of burrito in my Tiels' food dish, the male swooped down on it and when the hen tried to get a nibble of the tortilla the male acted like Beavis-as-Cornholio when Butthead tried to take away his candy bar, straight-on war face!

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 12:03 am

yes I suddenly laugh at things too.
One time a Guy walked out of his house and did a loud sneeze and I couldn't help it I laughed.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 3:48 am

Malapropisms and non sequiturs get me laughing out loud all the time. I usually jot them down (poetry palette) & later find the anoetic trail. (Btw, I think 'random' is quickly becoming one of those oversaturated words in danger of losing its clarity.)

EQ: 6.

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2013, 4:47 am

I giggled like a child while "relaxing my spine" during yoga. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I was rolling on the floor. What is there not to giggle about?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 6:13 am

Cilantro wrote:
I tend to crack up about weird things, too.

I'm taking a summer course, and our professor has threatened to choke us a few times when students were talking during a lecture. I'm not sure if she's allowed to say that to us or not, but the whole thing cracks me up something awful. I'm going to look for a neck brace or something to wear on the last day and tell her it's so she can't choke me if asked.

I'd like to see your prof's face when you walk in with a neck brace. I'd be laughing!

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

Sometimes there are news stories involving single or multiple deaths that I find very funny, but other people do not. There was one this week where the cause of death and the place were absolutely hilarious (to me). The same thing happens when someone supposedly really famous dies, and I can see no reason at all for feeling mournful about a complete stranger, especially when they have achieved something and had a productive life.

(I am not completely insensitive - natural and human disasters like floods and plane crashes that cause death are sad).