Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Aug 2013, 12:52 am

However, I haven't broken too many keyboards because of my fast typing, I will say that!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 1:25 am

I remember taking my first typing class in the 7th grade (in the mid 1970s). Thank goodness I learned how to touch type. As I use the keyboard daily.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 1:59 am

I type much slower than the average person. I only use two fingers whenever I type. I'm able to type without referring to the keyboard.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2013, 3:02 am

I'm about average when it comes to typing speed. I had a touch typing program on my old home computer which I used a little bit which made me able to touch type partially, but Im by no means a touch typer.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 6:35 am

I type fast, but I use only one hand.
The other is always on the shift button.

I don't know how people can manage to use both hands to type.
I tried to use both a few times and it always was too difficult for me, and also I was slower than when I use only one hand.
So I gave up.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 6:38 am

I'm slow at typing, I also get distracted in the middle of writing a sentence.

Crowi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2013, 7:29 am

I type with eight fingers, leaving out my flimsy little pinkies. My speed is low to average, and I make loads of errors.
However, my handwriting is even worse - I miss out letters and words, I can't read it, and I tend to get cramp in my arm after three sentences.
So I stick with my dodgy typing.

It's a bit of a problem because I write full-length novels, but hey, it just takes me a little longer and lots of corrections.

ash1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2013, 10:44 am

i type slow to average using both my index fingers only have always struggled with touch typing

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Aug 2013, 10:45 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 10:58 am

My typing is slower than the average NT. Whenever I try to type with both hands on the keyboard like I was taught, my hands become uncomfortable, plus I always have to look at the keyboard. I usually type with one hand at a time on each side of the keyboard, and I type faster that way.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

I hit 90 wpm easily. Ever since learning to type, I've preferred it to writing about a hundred times over, especially since my pencil grip is awkward and my fingers bend farther than they ought to (I'm a little double-jointed).

Sometimes when I can't talk right or think in words, I move my fingers like I'm typing and read out what I just pretended to type. It helps a bit. I don't have many non-verbal times, but I have a lot of times when the words that come out aren't clear enough or aren't what I meant to say.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

My typing varies from just a few words per minute to about 70+ wpm. When I'm stressed I make more mistakes while typing. I also have to know what I am going to write before I type otherwise its very slow. I use all fingers. I can type with my eyes closed sometimes. Its hard to type right now because my shoulder and hand hurts. How I learned to type was from writing a lot like journals on my computer and things like that. But like someone said I have the dyslexic typing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2013, 6:14 pm

What typing skills :roll: My typing is bad partly because of bad fine motor-skills & dyslexia. I type alot faster then I should sometimes & I type hard. It's even worse when I post from my droid. The reason I got the droid4 is because I need the physical keypad instead of that touch screen stuff; I disabled that feature. I sometiems open apps I don't want to or do the wrong thing when I'm in an app because my finger went over the wrong thing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 6:37 pm

I type mostly with 6 fingers, the middle three on each hand, and rarely use the pinkie fingers, thumbs just for the space bar.
Am not that fast or accurate at typing, though I do it every day for hours online...

glow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 6:43 pm

A type addict me. Hopefully will carve out a career in I.T with my newly brushed up finger of Venus on push-start :lol: 8)

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:37 pm

My typing skills have improved alot since I was tought typing in special ed grade 3 or so when I was absolutey horrible, as I was with most fine motor skills activities. Its not the prettiest thing to watch however I use more then 2 fingers most of the time and type at a resonable speed. I mix up and misplace alot of letters and words though. I like being able to fix my spelling and grammer, I can't write this good, thats for sure. I spend alot (3x or more)more time fixing errors then it took typing the original message though.