Toucan

29 Jan 2007, 4:15 pm

Hi, Fitness Kicker.
I'm from SE British Columbia.

FitnessKicker
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2007, 8:41 pm

^Wow! Lots of Canadians in here. Thank youse all again for the warm welcome. Very much appreciated. :)

daisydiana wrote:
Hi welcome im from nfld. I used to live in Brampton Ontario. for 2 years. this site is awesome. You will find some good info here that might help you. My 8 year old son has aspergers can you tell me what it is like for you now that you are older cause i am bit scared of what the future holds for my son. Thanks

Hi Diana. You sound like a good mom. I think your boy will be just fine. :)

As for me, I'm doing better since coming to grips with my condition. Of course, several years and jobs went by the wayside before I finally agreed to a psychiatric evaluation...but that's another story all-together. :P

PS: I'd recommend putting your child in some type of newfie sport if you haven't already. :P Seriously, you could really develop a healthy social and physical habit for him that will last the rest of his life!

Take care.

AssBurgerWithCheese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2007, 9:06 pm

How's life in the Centre of the Universe? I'm on the western edge (New West, BC, Canada). Pleased to meetcha. How 'bout them Toronto Maple Leafs, 'eh? 'eh?

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 12:38 am

Welcome to WP! Looks like out of all the responses so far, I'm the one who's closest to you. I'm in Richmond Hill. :)

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 10:48 am

CelticGoddess wrote:
Welcome to WP! Looks like out of all the responses so far, I'm the one who's closest to you. I'm in Richmond Hill. :)

I have cousins who used to live in Richmond Hill, probably about 10-15 years ago.

daisydiana
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2007, 6:21 pm

Hey Fitnesskicker,

Thanks for the comment, And for the advice but i tried putting my son in some sports but it did'nt work, he doesn't like to follow the rules, and gets upset when he doesn't win. He ends up making the other kids angry because he doesn't play by the rules. Honest to god i don't know what is going to come out of his mouth sometimes, just the other day i told him we are going to church, he said im not going i am going to crash that stupid church down, it was really disturbing, i know this is a part oh his condition but i dont know how to get him to stop saying things like that. And yes he is on meds for 3 years now it helps somewhat, mostly in school, to help keep him focused and relaxed. We had no choice but to medicate him, I was against it at first but things were out of hand at school and at home, the agression was really bad. One day because he didnt get what he wanted at the store all the way home he was kicking my hands off the steering wheel i had to stop the car several times. Boy that was hard.

Anyway take care and hope to hear from you again.

FitnessKicker
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2007, 12:34 am

daisydiana wrote:
Hey Fitnesskicker,

Thanks for the comment, And for the advice but i tried putting my son in some sports but it did'nt work, he doesn't like to follow the rules, and gets upset when he doesn't win. He ends up making the other kids angry because he doesn't play by the rules. Honest to god i don't know what is going to come out of his mouth sometimes, just the other day i told him we are going to church, he said im not going i am going to crash that stupid church down, it was really disturbing, i know this is a part oh his condition but i dont know how to get him to stop saying things like that. And yes he is on meds for 3 years now it helps somewhat, mostly in school, to help keep him focused and relaxed. We had no choice but to medicate him, I was against it at first but things were out of hand at school and at home, the agression was really bad. One day because he didnt get what he wanted at the store all the way home he was kicking my hands off the steering wheel i had to stop the car several times. Boy that was hard.

Anyway take care and hope to hear from you again.

8O

Have you talked to his p-doc about these problems? It sounds like your boy has ADHD. Throwing tantrums was something my sister would do :P , but she understood her boundaries. Unfortunately, your son appears perfectly content crossing these lines, and that IS concerning. Please consult a professional Diana as I lack the expertise to help.

All the best.

AssBurgerWithCheese wrote:
How's life in the Centre of the Universe? I'm on the western edge (New West, BC, Canada). Pleased to meetcha. How 'bout them Toronto Maple Leafs, 'eh? 'eh?

We're a few Rorys short of a cup, but thankfully, time dilates at the centre of the universe and therefore it is still 1967 here. :D

CelticGoddess wrote:

Sweet. :D

I was shopping in Newmarket when the massive power outage struck in '03. We all drove down to Richmond Hill thinking they had power :lol: , but alas, Wal-Mart was the only thing open. :cry: (My mom thought it was a terrorist attack. :lol: )

PS: I like your avatar. 8)

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 11:49 am

FitnessKicker wrote:

We're a few Rorys short of a cup, but thankfully, time dilates at the centre of the universe and therefore it is still 1967 here. :D

I like the way you tink. We're big Leafs fans in our house!

FitnessKicker wrote:

Sweet. :D

I was shopping in Newmarket when the massive power outage struck in '03. We all drove down to Richmond Hill thinking they had power :lol: , but alas, Wal-Mart was the only thing open. :cry: (My mom thought it was a terrorist attack. :lol: )

PS: I like your avatar. 8)

The huge power outage will go down as a moment in history and I can't believe I missed it! I was on a trip to Greece when it hit and heard about it while watching CNN in Santorini. :lol: What really sucked is when I got back home because everything in my fridge went bad when the power went out. Blech.

daisydiana
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2007, 5:49 pm

Actually, my son was diagnosed with adhd for 2and half years before he was diagnosed with the aspergers. When we went for his check up it was the way he acted in the doctors office and the things i was telling him and a letter from his school outlining problems they were having with him as well. He also said he had suspicions for a while but he wanted to wait and make sure. :D

Diana

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 6:31 pm

daisydiana wrote:
Actually, my son was diagnosed with adhd for 2and half years before he was diagnosed with the aspergers. When we went for his check up it was the way he acted in the doctors office and the things i was telling him and a letter from his school outlining problems they were having with him as well. He also said he had suspicions for a while but he wanted to wait and make sure. :D

Diana

The two dx can co-exist. My son's primary dx is AS but he also shows traits of ADHD.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 8:00 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys, you're from Nova Scotia!! !!

Me too!! !
Well, not technically yet. I'm in the process of becoming a Canadian, as the rest of my family already is.

I really want to go to school at STFX. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing my sweatshirt right now.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.