Weighing up whether or not to take steroids

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:09 pm

I'm actually leary of benching for that reason, building your shoulders wrong. I like overhead stuff more.

You're a sprinter, why not just do squats, deadlifts/pulls, and overhead or push presses for now? That sorta stuff seems defacto for sprinters anyway, right?

EDIT:
Speaking of sprinters. Did you know Ben Johnson was on only 5mg Dianabol a day for at least part of his training cycles? I've also heard of sprinters using like 250 test, too, at like NCAA level. If you're training correctly it doesn't take much drugs to work wonders. If you read Charlie Francis's book "Speed Trap" he outlines Ben Johnson's drug cycles. VERY conservative vs bodybuilding stuff.

I'd say don't use them obviously, especially if you're a tested athlete, but if you're going to, yeah...

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2013, 11:45 pm

skibum wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
turtleoverhare wrote:
no one is "forced" to be on the juice, im with old mate, for p*****s, like do it natty I reckon... oh no my muscles aren't big enough and I want them doubled in 6 months ill juice it, its a joke

You have to juice to be on the top. Lance Armstrong did, Ronnie Coleman did and before everyone else "discovers", I'd like to say with 99% certainty that Usain Bolt does.
And now Lance has a life time ban from competition and I have also heard that testicular cancer can also be caused by the juice. I would rather lose a few races and be able to enjoy competing as long as I want to and know that if I won or lost it was because of the limitations or successes of my body and training not because of a substance I injected.

The days of people winning because of there natural ability are long gone everyone in pro or semipro sports uses juice that's just a fact of life now. You cant open pandoras box and expect people to go back to doing things the hard way. Really and truly juice is one of the best things to happen to pro sports ever but like the saying goes a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2013, 11:46 pm

skibum wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
turtleoverhare wrote:
no one is "forced" to be on the juice, im with old mate, for p*****s, like do it natty I reckon... oh no my muscles aren't big enough and I want them doubled in 6 months ill juice it, its a joke

You have to juice to be on the top. Lance Armstrong did, Ronnie Coleman did and before everyone else "discovers", I'd like to say with 99% certainty that Usain Bolt does.
And now Lance has a life time ban from competition and I have also heard that testicular cancer can also be caused by the juice. I would rather lose a few races and be able to enjoy competing as long as I want to and know that if I won or lost it was because of the limitations or successes of my body and training not because of a substance I injected.

The days of people winning because of there natural ability are long gone everyone in pro or semipro sports uses juice that's just a fact of life now. You cant open pandoras box and expect people to go back to doing things the hard way. Really and truly juice is one of the best things to happen to pro sports ever but like the saying goes a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2013, 11:55 pm

MirrorWars wrote:
I've just got back to this thread for the first time since I started it.

There's a lot of common sense stuff been said on here.

I have lifted weights in the past, naturally, and I did gain 40lbs, but I'm nursing shoulder problems at the moment, so I won't be trying this any time soon. If ever.

My shoulder problem is fixable, I need to pull it back into its correct position via lots of upper back type exercises. I caused it in the 90s while doing too much chest work & not enough upper back, rear delts, etc.

I need to start back by only doing exercises that will redress the muscle imbalance that is causing this problem.

Fixing this will take months, I should think, at least!

Other than the shoulder problem I'm fit & still sprinting twice a week.

I think for what you are trying to do low dose anavar oxandrolone and HGH would be great I myself plan on using these to help heal some old injuries.
Once I have sorted the problem I'm going back to old school free weight type lifts.

As I'm 43 now, I will give myself every chance doing things naturally for at least 18 months before I consider taking steroids.

I don't know, at my current age, if it is still possible to build a good amount of muscle as natural testosterone levels are obviously going to be lower than when I was younger.

Which is one of the reasons that I have been considering steroids.

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 11:45 am

1000Knives wrote:
I'm actually leary of benching for that reason, building your shoulders wrong. I like overhead stuff more.

You're a sprinter, why not just do squats, deadlifts/pulls, and overhead or push presses for now? That sorta stuff seems defacto for sprinters anyway, right?

EDIT:
Speaking of sprinters. Did you know Ben Johnson was on only 5mg Dianabol a day for at least part of his training cycles? I've also heard of sprinters using like 250 test, too, at like NCAA level. If you're training correctly it doesn't take much drugs to work wonders. If you read Charlie Francis's book "Speed Trap" he outlines Ben Johnson's drug cycles. VERY conservative vs bodybuilding stuff.

I'd say don't use them obviously, especially if you're a tested athlete, but if you're going to, yeah...

Yeah, you will do well to be a little wary of bench pressing as this shoulder problem is common with people who do.

The Ben Johnson info is interesting. I still feel bad for the way he was hung out to dry, by everyone.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

MirrorWars wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

EDIT:

Yeah, you will do well to be a little wary of bench pressing as this shoulder problem is common with people who do.

The Ben Johnson info is interesting. I still feel bad for the way he was hung out to dry, by everyone.

For me what made me wary was I benched like 3 days a week for a month or so, then when I went to back squat I couldn't get the same shoulder angle without seriously stretching everything out, whereas before I had no problems.

iamfit645
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2017, 11:13 am

There are various types of steroids and it has different uses and effects. You must consult a professional to know what is appropriate for you base on your health and so as on your age. Don't be scared to try it if you just have discipline taking it won't harm you. Steroids is not a long term medication though.