Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2013, 6:42 am

I hardly do. what about everyone else ?, I've pretty much come to dislike neurotypicals.. and.. Sadly just people in general.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 7:58 am

I left the house 5 times last month. Once to go to the doctor, twice to a store, and twice to the hospital to get recertified for Medicaid.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:01 am

I leave the house to go to school, to go to the place where I do martial arts, to buy comics or to hang out with friends (I rarely do this).
Otherwise I don't leave the house, unless it's my parents bringing me out for a walk.
Expecially in summer.
It's summer now so I very seldom leave the house, since there's no school, no martial arts, and is too hot to hang out (also my friends are on vacations).
I'm going to go out this afternoon though. I must buy a comic.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:06 am

I do leave the house every day but I have to force myself to do so.

Faye712
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2013, 8:17 am

I can relate to this. I have to leave the house to go to appointments for myself but mostly for my 21 month old son. Mostly my husband does the rest of the household running. I used to try because I wanted friends and things to do like everyone else. After awhile I just came to accept that I am not like everyone else....they are all mean and they suck!
That was high school and 14 years later while I have matured a bit and learned about myself and the world I live in. I am not so appt to be bitter towards NT's, except on really bad days, but they are still not my favorite and I stay away too. I have managed to grow a rather overwhelming collection of stuff to do, lol. Many electronics, 3-4 full bookshelves, a fully stocked craft room, a makeshift sensory gym that can be set up whenever for the kids etc. All of these things were the reason I left a good deal of the time, now I have it and dont need to go out for it.
I make myself go for walks or run an errand or two every week so as not to be a complete shut in but it doesnt go real well I am around NT's for too long. They themselves seem to scare me in general and often irritate until I flee or have a meltdown.

NT: 44
MBTI: INTP

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:30 am

There has to be a reason to go, otherwise I am inside. I used to go on daily walks, but walking to walk just seems pointless sometimes. I'd probably go out more if we didn't have a shared yard.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:32 am

When I first saw the 90's film "The Net," back in the 90s on its original release, I wanted Sandra Bullock's character's life. The film was made (and I saw it originally) before computers and online shopping and even online telecommuting for work had become as common as it is now, and when I saw her character just staying in her house and basically doing everything from there --- her IT work, her shopping, ordering pizza -- I was wowed.

This was a long time ago, remember! :wink: These days all of this has become a reality for all of us, but this movie was one of the first to depict a lifestyle like this in the early days before even internet use made so many things convenient for work or shopping.

I wanted that film character's life, because I don't like leaving the house. Aside from times where something I really wanted to do or see or go to motivates me, I prefer being in my own home more than anything else.

I do have to go out because I work, and also in recent years one of my interests happens to take place outside (wildlife and wildlife photography). But I don't like dealing with people and I limit it in any way I can. Don't get me wrong, I can rise to the occasion and be a friendly person, I don't scare people away, but I resent the random contact and I long to just mind my own business and they theirs.

On days when I have no work, no errands to run, and no plans to have to leave, I LOVE to just get to stay home in my own environment. If I were independently wealthy I don't think I'd ever leave the house again.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:35 am

^^^ loved that movie :D

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:38 am

I leave the house only to go to work. Other than that, hardly ever.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 9:10 am

When I have to go to school, when I have to fix my grandpa's TV, and when I'm forced to go to the market.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 9:24 am

For me there's two different types of leaving the house. One way is leaving the house and walking into a store, doctors office, restaurant, etc., the other way is leaving the house but not actually getting out of my car. I do the second one more. I get antsy and bored because i rarely go anywhere, so I go for drives because I feel like I'm out in society but I don't have to talk to people. I like to drive my parents when they do errands too and I sit in the car and people watch.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

I have to leave home for work, but if I had the choice, I'd rather stay home all the time. Recently I've been taking Friday off every week and I just stay home from Friday to Sunday. It's so nice not to have to interact with people.

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2013, 10:01 am

Soccer22 wrote:
For me there's two different types of leaving the house. One way is leaving the house and walking into a store, doctors office, restaurant, etc., the other way is leaving the house but not actually getting out of my car. I do the second one more. I get antsy and bored because i rarely go anywhere, so I go for drives because I feel like I'm out in society but I don't have to talk to people. I like to drive my parents when they do errands too and I sit in the car and people watch.

When I had a car I used to do this too.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 10:03 am

Sundays are my excuse for not leaving the house. I am a recluse on a Sunday.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

turtleoverhare wrote:
Soccer22 wrote:

When I had a car I used to do this too.

I'm sorry you don't have a car anymore :( hopefully soon you can enjoy driving again. It's really a great escape.

LongleafPine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2013, 10:46 am

I'm retired and have a real push/pull thing about being at home. I walk in the woods and take care of hiking trails at least 2 hours a day, often much more and that's my most relaxed place to be, much more so than being at home. But I like uninterupted time at home to work on research and/or sewing projects, but get restless here and love days in town running errands and reading at the library. It's a long drive though so I'm moving into a small city eventually, so I can be out among people more often, but in smaller doses, because even without much personal interaction, I do get drained around crowds!! The perfect balance-that's alll we want, right?! ! :lol: