Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:45 am

Do you ever get a bloated or unsettled feeling in your guts or stomach? I often do when doing tasks that I am happy to do. I often get so into them but have an anxiety to get them finished. Or I might feel a little excited if it is my special interest and I end up with stomach ache and bloated guts. I sometimes get it if I have to go out and meet people.

Does anyone get this?

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2013, 12:28 pm

blimey, I know how u feel. stomach pain has been with me all my life - on and off. i had it terribly as a child. My parents must have been blind and stupid .. did they ever nurture or comfort me? .. they were clueless to my fears and predicamant. ie a five, seven, ten or fifteen year old dreading school and all its base turbulence.

i have been self employed for thirty yars, i have my own constructed world, tho as yesterday my flip-flop indecision (which i think is because i never share my time with anyone i like, or anyone) ... made yesterday a hellish day for me, inside I didn't know to scream or cry.

re stomach, I have difficulty with nearly all meals, I take acid repelenishment and enzyme pills with every meal. hint.. avaoid or minimise solpadeine tablets, minimise booze.

meeting ppl ? ... i used to and it was always with my business hat on ... socially - never really have, yes its a massive stress raiser.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2013, 12:46 pm

I had stomach issues when I was small. I had the stomach/gut problems. I was given Metamucil and probiotics to treat it and suppositories for the bowel issues since I woulnt take pills.As a baby, I used to cry and get sick a lot according to my father. I seemed to have grown out of the stomach issues when I got older although now my gut sometimes acts up when I am stressed and I am sometimes a picky eater. I don't eat some foods due to the smell, taste, or texture. Honey dew, cantaloupe, and eggplant are some foods that cause me to gag.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

Yes. I get this alot.
I'm taking probiotics daily, and digestive enzymes with meals. I'm eating low sugar and am gluten/dairy free. I've always had stomach problems but they seem to have got worse since coming off antidepressants. When I'm nervous they are really bad.

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

I read somewhere that over 85% of people with aspergers have ibs though i'm sure that was girls aspergers.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:11 pm

Yeah, I've always had a problem with the bowels rather than stomach, very random times to go, often can't go. Usually when things seem slower as usual, I often suffer with a Threadworm infestation. If I'm highly anxious I often pass more than often.

Depending how my sences are, when I notice extreme differing taste with every portion of food, or textures change in every bite of food, I often can't stomach it often get full very quickly or feel quite uncomfortable or nauseous for a while after.

I often have to increase water and fibre intake when I haven't gone to the toilet in a while. As I can go many days without going, then can have an entire day going. Often this intake can feel terrible, but it is a necessity.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:48 pm

have always had severe bowel and stomach issues,even to the point have ended up in hospital,have also had a feeding tube suggested before, but this place didnt want to pay the money to train staff in nursing issues; hypocritical though because they paid for it on the childrens wing.

both drink and food comes back up so have got to have it very very slowly and it does head in when other people seem to shovel it down them and come and complain because am slow at eating and drinking.
am only on one meal a day though thats because of the autism side,had been moved around so many different residential homes in the past that had stopped eating for years because it was the only form of predictibility and control that had.
am prescribed ensure plus and to anyone else its like a laxitive they sht themselves on the stuff because its stacked with fibre as well, it doesnt do anything to mine.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm

I don't have these issues.

My digestive system is verry merry berry high-functioning.

My immune system is black sheep of body, baaah baaah baaah.

:albino: :albino: :albino:

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I have random bouts of stomach bloating that leads to my chest feeling tight all the time. I might have a hiatal hernia, but I haven't been to the doctor about it yet. From the time I was really young, I've had mild digestive issues.

I also heard once from an old article hat Autism is linked to chemicals produced in the stomach. I'm not sure if I believe it or not though.

Panddora
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2013, 3:37 am

I developed stomach issues in my 40s and they are gradually getting worse. Last night I was really hungry and ate some bread and I really know about it now. Normally I do not eat wheat, oats, barley and I know that if I could stop eating sugar I would be better but that is too much of a challenge.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 4:45 am

i do have a lot of problem with my stomach, but not caused by emotions. it is just a physical problem for me and it always flares up at night, in the day im usually ok.

i have problems with wind a lot, i burp a lot but sometimes have trouble bringing the wind up, especialy after a big dinner mostly. i stay away from fizzy drinks and alcohol.

i get lot of indigestion, and bad stomach at night luckily my husband puts up with me breaking wind a lot. change of diet doesnt help, i just get ibs whatever my lifestyle is. i usualy get it at night and so dont affect me much in the day. i can live with that.